Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guard

+2
Lord_Commander_Stash
Administratum
6 posters

Go down

Guard Empty Guard

Post  Administratum Tue May 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Well i dont know about anyone else, but i think the new codex is really cool. I have always wanted to do an armored company, and i think that this codex could be workable. With money coming in i might give it a shot. The orks are pretty much dead in the water. It takes so much effort to custom build everyting.. dunno, guess my army add has kicked in again. For guard i have always loved the traitors, so i think a traitor tank company would be pretty cool.

Just wondering if anyone else is going to be starting a guard army, and what they are thinking of doing theme wise.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Guard Empty Re: Guard

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Tue May 05, 2009 10:09 pm

LexMechanic wrote:Well i dont know about anyone else, but i think the new codex is really cool. I have always wanted to do an armored company, and i think that this codex could be workable. With money coming in i might give it a shot. The orks are pretty much dead in the water. It takes so much effort to custom build everyting.. dunno, guess my army add has kicked in again. For guard i have always loved the traitors, so i think a traitor tank company would be pretty cool.

Just wondering if anyone else is going to be starting a guard army, and what they are thinking of doing theme wise.

For traitors I would highly recommend cultists (conscripts) and ogryns (mutants)
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Tue May 05, 2009 11:24 pm

I'm building the Catachan II regiment, including straken. I might add harker too as having a hvy bolter fire on the ove is pretty sweet.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed May 06, 2009 10:48 am

Catachans, now there is an army that i have not seen in a long time.

Stash, i was taking a real good look at the ogryn because as you mentioned, forge world makes some pretty sweet ones. Not sure though, the theme would be armor, and with a squad of 5 ogryn in a chimera, with a priest coming in at something like 300 points, they get expensive quick.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Wed May 06, 2009 11:07 am

As well....priests do not effect an Orgyn.....but a +4 Invulnerable save and a Str. 6 "powerfist" (2d6 armour pen) guy is okay....

But you are right Cam....they do get expensive.....

You probably want to stick with Veterans as your troops....2 Vet squad mounted in Valykries would be kinda fun.....lol.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed May 06, 2009 11:28 am

LexMechanic wrote:Catachans, now there is an army that i have not seen in a long time.

Stash, i was taking a real good look at the ogryn because as you mentioned, forge world makes some pretty sweet ones. Not sure though, the theme would be armor, and with a squad of 5 ogryn in a chimera, with a priest coming in at something like 300 points, they get expensive quick.

Think of Ogryns like terminators...same points. Now terminators are for dealing with big things, but guard are more suited to shoot big things. Ogryns are awesome for dealing with infantry. 210 for 5 ogryns isnt bad, and consider the chimera seperate for its ability to shoot.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed May 06, 2009 1:49 pm

Yea vets in chimeras, wanna keep it to the armor.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed May 06, 2009 1:52 pm

I'll be running traitor guard as well Cam, for chaos! (im looking at lots and lots of sentinels and a valkyrie or two).
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aervyper Wed May 06, 2009 7:32 pm

i'm busy working away on finishing up my catachans. I haven't got my codex in the mail yet but i've went over the PDF of it. I have one question to ask....

How would you use Sly Marbo (i wouldn't use him is not an answer). I really think all he's good for is a demo chucker (worst case senario 7" scatter), or maybe a lone character assassin. He's just soooo vulnerable when he arrives....

I got the model along with Harker (necromunda H. Bolter guy i think) and Straken. I think Harker is a MUST for a veteran squad SHOOTY DEATH ( walking heavy bolter, add heavy flamer and 2 melta gun). The only problem with a Harker squad is no CC punch.

Awesome Codex though... They make stuff alot more user friendly. Can't wait to field 2 valkeryies w 20 storm troopers.....

qp
Aervyper
Aervyper
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down