Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A 7th Rumour so nutty, it can't be true

+8
Rhaevyn
Aegwymourn
Paz
superdeuxlol
System Commander
Matthew G
Spamus Eatus
Lore Weaver
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A 7th Rumour so nutty, it can't be true - Page 2 Empty Re: A 7th Rumour so nutty, it can't be true

Post  GingerBalls Tue May 06, 2014 10:41 am

superdeuxlol wrote:I love how nobody has mentioned that new discipline, Daemonology. Not available to nids, and you can summon demons using it... Cant wait for my Farseer to start summoning demons, or to see Grey Knights summoning demons to fight Orks.

I did not even think about radical inquisitors summoning daemons until now. The fluff... It's so... Fluffy.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

A 7th Rumour so nutty, it can't be true - Page 2 Empty Re: A 7th Rumour so nutty, it can't be true

Post  Lore Weaver Tue May 06, 2014 10:45 am

Rumour has it, if you're not "daemon born", there are potentially very bad things that could happen to you should you use it.

The new Psychic Phase could be very re-balancing, depending on how it works. I like the concept of buffing Deny the Witch rolls with warp-charge points, especially if I can deny blessings.

I find it odd that 6th ed had a type of power, the Maelstrom, that was never used in the entire edition.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue May 06, 2014 11:01 am

Daemonology and psychic phase are the coolest shit to hit 40k since... Sliced bread.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  miv305 Tue May 06, 2014 11:19 am

Wow, some interesting stuff in there. It really looks like the psychic phase will play out almost exactly like a magic phase in Fantasy, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion. I'm a little worried about Unbound vs Battle-Forged lists, the advantages given to Battle-Forged would have to be quite significant to make up for the removal of restrictions the force org chart creates, and we all know GW's history of creating "balancing" rules isn't very good.

All in all I am excited as the past few months have seen me almost give up on 40K and these changes will hopefully motivate me again!
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue May 06, 2014 11:25 am

"Here's my army of all helbrutes" (not that it'd be good...)

Or

"Here's my army of Wraith Knights"
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Tue May 06, 2014 1:28 pm

It may simply lead to another description/request when looking for a game.

2000 point Unbound or 2000 point Battle-Forged for example
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Tue May 06, 2014 1:32 pm

Guardian Angel wrote:It may simply lead to another description/request when looking for a game.  

2000 point Unbound or 2000 point Battle-Forged for example

This. Also, I think percentages might get involved in the unbound version?
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue May 06, 2014 1:43 pm

The idea of scoring units is still the most limiting factor for most lists right now, not the FoC.

Yes, an entire army of wraith knights sounds cool, and you'll probably do a number on your opponent, but if you can't score objectives, that means you can only win 1/3 book missions right now (unless you wipe your enemy and win on secondaries)

We've all been lamenting psykic powers for a while now. the game is basicallys plit between those who have dinvination and those who do not. at least now those without Div can have a say about who gets Buffed. Also a lot of the current idiocy in the game currently revolves around multiple force multiplier blessings being stacked onto single units.

Interesting times for sure.

(blah, I'm already buying in to the new edition, glad i could have my rant before. cathartic... )
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue May 06, 2014 1:45 pm

I told Daemonfox about this, and now he wants to run an army that's just 1000 gaunts.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Tue May 06, 2014 1:55 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:The idea of scoring units is still the most limiting factor for most lists right now, not the FoC.

Yes, an entire army of wraith knights sounds cool, and you'll probably do a number on your opponent, but if you can't score objectives, that means you can only win 1/3 book missions right now (unless you wipe your enemy and win on secondaries)

We've all been lamenting psykic powers for a while now. the game is basicallys plit between those who have dinvination and those who do not.  at least now those without Div can have a say about who gets Buffed. Also a lot of the current idiocy in the game currently revolves around multiple force multiplier blessings being stacked onto single units.  

Interesting times for sure.

(blah, I'm already buying in to the new edition, glad i could have my rant before. cathartic... )

We will be getting a whole schwack load of new mission cards as well so who knows, maybe those builds will be viable?
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue May 06, 2014 2:23 pm

GingerBalls wrote:We will be getting a whole schwack load of new mission cards as well so who knows, maybe those builds will be viable?

I saw a blurb about objectives having rotating cards or something. That sounds like it could be interesting. Could be more fun than the current "roll a d6 and most of the time it doesn't matter" method now.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Tue May 06, 2014 2:35 pm

I still feel like my new list of 60 khymera 15 beast masters, baron and 6 farseers on bike could get the job done.

Edit: My favorite quote so far from a comment section on one of the various sites discussing Unbound "Forget the narrative"
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue May 06, 2014 9:54 pm

I like the new card descriptions, this idea that once you've achieved your objectives you can keep picking up new cards, like a race to complete the most!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue May 06, 2014 10:22 pm

Paz wrote:I like the new card descriptions, this idea that once you've achieved your objectives you can keep picking up new cards, like a race to complete the most!

Gotta catch 'em all!

Oh wait, wrong game  Razz 
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed May 07, 2014 8:37 am

Kinda like routes in Ticket to Ride. Keep 'em comin', but fail 'em at a price.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed May 07, 2014 9:05 am

superdeuxlol wrote: "Forget the narrative"

+1
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2