Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournaments?

+3
Matthew G
gluvzer
Veyure
7 posters

Go down

Tournaments? Empty Tournaments?

Post  Veyure Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:43 am

Hey Robyn do you have any plans for a tourney in Stoon any time soon? (hehe it rhymed) i hvaen't taken part in a tournament since i lived in pa (over 5 years) and i think they are fun.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Tournaments? Empty Re: Tournaments?

Post  gluvzer Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:43 am

I might be able to field this one for the System Commander. There are definate plans for a tournament in February (possibly March?). It will be a Fantasy and 40k event being put on by Scott Radom, with Robyn? running the 40k event.
It should be a good one. Scott is commited to throwing down something people are going to enjoy and want to come back for, and has enlisted support from people of the same mind.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:25 pm

I for one am very interested in a Saskatoon Tournament... Let me know the detiails so I can get my army fully painted!!!
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:30 pm

Yes there will be a tourny, We're gearing for a go time of last weekend in february.

Plans are for a full on 4 round tourny with beautiful terrain and nice prizes. I have been talking with Robyn, Ryan and Cam who've already begun builind some world class terrain. Myself and Carson Gallant will shoulder the weight for the fantasy side of things. Plans are for this to be a two day event with each system running on a seperate day to allow for crossover play. If anyone is interested in more details or helping us in anyway please post here, or PM me and we'll get to talking.

No discussion has really been started on points totals or anything like that so feel free to chime in.

Robyn will be in charge of the 40k event (right?), using his powers as the second most senior Grey Knight Justicar in Saskatoon to ensure all have a great time.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:56 pm

is it going to be in febuary or march

Back to top Go down

Post  Aervyper Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:03 pm

Any ideas when it's going to be. I might be able to come in from the wild northeast with an army. If you give me some notice i could even maybe get my Citadel Modular terrain board painted and bring it down if you guys want..
Aervyper
Aervyper
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:26 pm

when is it going to happen, how long will it be delayed for, to make it easier we could have one with no prizes?

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:17 am

I have been pretty quiet for a time but I feel the need to say that a tounament without prizes isn't really a tournament.

Needless to say, when one finally gets underway here in saskatoon I'll more than likely be attending.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:02 pm

Seriously? I could care less about prizes. I just want to test my mettle. A prize-free or tournament with minimal prizes is ok in my books, but prizes are a good way to attract out-of-towners.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:30 pm

i agree with tim prizes are fun but make a tournament harder to organize i just like playing games

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:32 pm

It doesnt make a tournament harder, you jsut have to charge more for admission in the end.

I don't mind running tourneys at all, and organizing prizes is never an issue. Having tourneys at the den is good, but I think it lacks the feel of a real tournament for some reason.. when I play tournetys there is feels just like another Wednesday night.

I would never pay out of pocket myself to rent a place at a potential loss... which I think becomes the problem for not having a bigger tournament in the city.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:08 pm

i see your point but could we have just a little tournament at the den sometime. Think of ideas to make them unique people. Maybe we could make terrain that was special just for tournaments.

Last edited by bensutherland333 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down