Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 Astro-light Tournament - March 8th

+6
Rhaevyn
superdeuxlol
GingerBalls
System Commander
Lore Weaver
Aegwymourn
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

1500 Astro-light Tournament - March 8th Empty 1500 Astro-light Tournament - March 8th

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Alrighty Folks, here is the low-down for the March 8th tournament I am going to be running.

First off, it is going to be based as much as possible on the format from Astronomi-con. As some of you know a couple of us went to the last one in Vancouver in August. We overall had a good time. This will be a small taste of what Astro is really like. Obviously the full event is much more grand with lots of custom terrain and missions for each round. This will be streamlined a bit to a standard 3 round event and normal terrain for each board.

This is obviously going to be held on March 8th, 2014. sign up link here If you sign up and pay early it is $15. To sign up the day of it will be $20. Everything will be going directly to prize support. I will be leaving a sign up sheet at the Den on Saturday hopefully.

Time Schedule:

start - 9:30
9:30-9:45 - registration & table assignment
9:45-12:15 - Round 1
12:15-12:45 - Lunch
12:45-3:15 - Round 2
3:15-5:45 - Round 3
5:45 - Cleanup and prizes

The event is for 1500 point armies selected using the following guidelines: One standard mission chart; Forgeworld is allowed; Allies are allowed; Fortifications are allowed (as long as the size is no larger than a standard land raider in size); Dataslates are allowed; Formations are not allowed; Escalation is not allowed. Astro tends to be as inclusive as possible, but I think the formations for now don't lend themselves to this kind of tournament. Also just like at Astro you will be picking your Warlord Trait to be used throughout the whole tournament. You can pick any trait that your Warlord would have access to. The only ones not permitted are ones that allow you to score additional Victory Points. There is also a list of unique Astro Warlord traits that everyone has access to. Some of them may not apply since we only playing a small selection of missions. Link to the Astro Warlord rules and table Also be aware that you must specify if your psykers are using their codex powers or swapping for BRB powers on your army list if they are not a 6th edition codex.

An army list must be submitted to me before the event for composition scoring. These lists will remain private and are for composition scoring and seeding.Link to the Astro composition guidelines

There will be three rounds. Each round will be a different Astonomi-con mission. Round one will be "Damnunition". Round two will be "Err Supply". Round three will be "Brooding Menace". Link to missions.I will also be posting these at the den if anyone wants to try them out ahead of time. Also note I tried to pick missions that don't radically change the game, but "Brooding Menace" will play very differently than a standard 40k game (it has a night fight effect in for the whole game that cannot be ignored due to night vision/searchlights). I think this will give the best taste of what Astronomi-con "feels" like.

Scoring will be handled as follows

Each mission is worth a total of 15 points for a total of 45 battle points
Each game will have a sportsmanship score of 10 points for a total of 30 points
Appearance will be scored directly off of the Astro guidelines for a total of 40 points Linky
Composition will be worth 20 points (if you do not submit a list a week early you will score a 0/20)
Theme will be worth 10 points
Your physical army list is worth 10 points - This will be judged the day of so don't worry as much when submitting your list early.

This a grand total of 155 points.

Main Prizes will be: Best Overall (most points); Best General (most battle AND composition points); Best Sportsman (best sportsmanship score); Best Appearance (best appearance score)
Secondary prizes if we have enough people: Best Compostion (composition score); Best Army list (if somebody brings a cool army list the day of)

I will be bringing a buy list in case we have an odd number of people. Also I will be providing as many genestealers as possible for the "Brooding Menace" scenario although some tables might have to make do with horma/termigants.

Last edited by Aegwymourn on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

1500 Astro-light Tournament - March 8th Empty Re: 1500 Astro-light Tournament - March 8th

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:40 am

Are we going to "Pick our Warlord Trait" like in Astro too? mmmm Funzies!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

1500 Astro-light Tournament - March 8th Empty Re: 1500 Astro-light Tournament - March 8th

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:49 am

Yessir.

I will finish getting the guidelines up this week. Ran out of time yesterday.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:30 am

I might have to gk for the event. Ive tried hard to build a chaos list i like.. and its not working out.

I can get a 20 pretty easy with an inqusitor, troops and a dread.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:49 am

I got a 20/20 CSM list! *kachow*
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:25 am

Can someone post the limits again?
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:45 am

Posted a link to the composition portion of the Astro website. I'll be putting more details up, just dealing with a minor flooding issue at the house this week  Mad .
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:21 pm

I am busy trying to figure out the lowest I can push my score alreasy. Life is hard.
I kind of wish orks were going to be out by then.  Sad 
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:19 pm

Bump - edited first post.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Edit - apparently general for Astro combines battle points and comp so I adjusted that
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:06 am

Warlord trait - Champion of humanity. if one takes Kor'sarro Khan do you have to choose a different one as it messes with VP's?

doesn't look like the astro boys have updated since the SM codex dropped.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:30 am

You would be correct. Any warlord traits that increases/decreases VP is out. You have to select either another from an available table.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:36 am

Aegwymourn wrote:You would be correct. Any warlord traits that increases/decreases VP is out. You have to select either another from an available table.

Makes it tempting to play Thies's Dark Angels and play with Ezekial.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:44 am

Lore Weaver wrote:
Aegwymourn wrote:You would be correct. Any warlord traits that increases/decreases VP is out. You have to select either another from an available table.

? Locked to the Hunt?
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:46 am

Aegwymourn wrote:
Lore Weaver wrote:

? Locked to the Hunt?

Ya, then he can re-pick to FnP near an objective or something.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Small bump. As long as I'm not dumb tomorrow I should have two printouts of each mission along with a signup/information sheet left at the den.

For those of you that want to sign up and pay. Remember you save $5!  Wink 
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:10 am

Bump - Sign up sheet and missions are now at the Den. Please register early for your spot!
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:Bump - Sign up sheet and missions are now at the Den. Please register early for your spot!

I was there and everything! Maybe I'll drive the kids down tomorrow (and get a box of Posessed! *ROAR* In Damnunition, they're scoring)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Excellent. Tom and I played a rest game before Ian and I had the playoff match. Stupid crons kicked my teeth in.

Part might have been how rusty I am (and forgetting my aegis line durr). But his list is really solid.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:Excellent. Tom and I played a rest game before Ian and I had the playoff match. Stupid crons kicked my teeth in.

Part might have been how rusty I am (and forgetting my aegis line durr). But his list is really solid.

I made a couple mistakes. I can't complain about the dice though, as we both had goofy rolls.

His Destroyer lord stood up 3 times! On the third he charged some plasma guys, I got two hits and zero wounds. Comical! Earned some pretty hilarious boons. Forgefiend performed, again!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:44 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:Forgefiend performed, again!

The forgefiend isn't bad, its just he suffers from BS3 luckitus. If your dice are average, or even better above average, he does awesome since he puts out so many str8 shots. If your dice turn on you, like mine tend to on a regular basis, then it will appear that he sucks.

I still was worried the time Dan almost killed a riptide with 2 dakkafiends. Put something like 10-12 wounds and failed 3-4 saves. Ouchies!
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Two minor things.

One the minor prize and points for army list is for an actual list you bring the day of. Astro likes to encourage cool lists to go with armies. A guy last time did a scroll of his list in binary for his counts as mechanicus. Obviously if you do something like that you still need to being legible lists for me/you/your opponent.

Second only Mark is signed up so far. Get.in there and get signed up and paid ya hobos! Razz
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:47 pm

Check your forms again! I signed up days ago!
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Just a reminder that we are only two weeks out.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:58 am

Is there still lots of space for this event?
Like always I am on the ropes for it, but Good Ol' Mark is pretty convincing and we are having a game Saturday for us to try out some Astronomnom lists.
If I like the play of the missions, and the set up of my army (Blood angels cost too many points - and my lists all look pretty close to the same) I may sign up Saturday and submit you the list I'm using also on Saturday (that's a week early right? so I don't lose points?)

Also, you are enforcing the "display board" for up to 3 points? I've never made one before, and doubt I'll start, so trying to gauge my deficit.

Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next