Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm pretty sure I don't really like 6th edition.

+9
Lore Weaver
Rhaevyn
Roland
Paz
Termagant
Planes
ScottRadom
gluvzer
Timbo
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I'm pretty sure I don't really like 6th edition. - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm pretty sure I don't really like 6th edition.

Post  gluvzer Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 pm

miv305 wrote:
I think GW got a little caught up in a group think attitude of ignoring tourneys and forgot that most people, regardless of competiveness level, want a balanced rule set.

Mike

I whole heartedly agree with these 2 parts of your post. Wanting a balanced rule set and your name....

I played a lot of games last league, and played all of those games against people I enjoy gaming with, talking with, and hanging out with. I did have a good time with the people, but it honestly was a rare occasion if I left the game thinking the actual game was a good time. I left either feeling frustrated or ashamed....
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

I'm pretty sure I don't really like 6th edition. - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm pretty sure I don't really like 6th edition.

Post  Timbo Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:50 pm

I've had fun times playing 6th edition games versus Mark, Beau, Ryan and Robyn. But I would have had fun with those guys regardless, shooting the shit or w/e. Did I enjoy the game itself? Not really, not as much as I enjoyed games of 5th edition. Would I have had more fun playing a game of Flames of War with those same players? Absolutely.

I agree with most of the points you made in your post Mike V. Except I obviously have a much lesser tolerance for all of the stuff you simply see as minor annoyances. Unbalanced codexes and scenarios, excessive randomness, fliers, games lasting well over 3 hours, (let's not forget the ridiculous cost) these are deal breakers for me while you see them as part of the game that have to be accepted.

As for not having played enough games to judge: If I haven't enjoyed a game yet, then how many more games should I play without having any enjoyment before passing judgement? 5 more? 10 more? Why waste my time? I'll play a game I know I'll like instead.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  miv305 Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:55 pm

@Tim:
When stating that I think we need to play more games all I meant was to play more games before creating a pile of house rules, not that you're suddenly going to wake up tomorrow loving a game you already admit you don't like because you crossed some sort of theoretical threshold and played game #18.

@Mark:
Yes it was that hard, I could count the times we've agreed in the past 10 years on 1 hand Smile

@Everyone:
I don't think 6th is perfect but it's what we got and like previous editions I think it'll get better, your mileage may vary...

Mike
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Dropzone Commander is gold.

Link to the rulebook pdf:
http://www.4shared.com/office/jxZOFxMj/DZC.html

Just sayin...

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:15 pm

I was stuck between dropzone and infinity (having zero interest in ww2 re-enactment games), and sticking in a sci-fi atmosphere.
Truthfully I chose infinity, because its been around for many years, I hesitate to get behind such a new game as dropzone, and infinity has a really strong tournament scene.

I think it's really cool that we now have so many more gaming options based around amazing figs (dropzone and infinity are just the nicest), but still play some 40k (it's not like I'm gonna quit 40k, I've sunk to much money and time Into it).

I can play a quick game of infinity, and after getting out my tactics based skirmish stuff, I can play some beer and pretzels 40k for a good larf with the boyz.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2