Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those interested

+5
Spamus Eatus
judchic
Planes
Roland
Matthew G
9 posters

Go down

For those interested Empty For those interested

Post  Matthew G Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:19 pm

Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

For those interested Empty Re: For those interested

Post  Roland Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:47 pm

New dark angels pics leaked.

http://www.3plusplus.net/2012/12/darkangelsnewmodels/

Ben..... Just look away. You'll just be sad.

Wtf did I just see??? The fighter (dark talon) looks slightly better than the talon... Past that it looks like someone puked da bitz all over some spess muhreens.

I haz a sad.....
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:18 pm

I want a closer look at all of those metal boxes, I think that there is some potential there. Also, sub-divisions of Deathwing? Cool Beans.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:09 pm

um, anyone notice the twin linked plasma on bikes? nasty...
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Ummmmmm..............

Yeah..............

Kinda wishing I hadn't clicked that link....

Fortunately, nothing my conversion abilities can't handle! Although that land-speeder-barge-thing will need alot of work, or an entirely new model....

Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:29 am

on the plus side, it comes with a big TL plasma cannon turret SoB style that might make a fun razorback conversion.

i like the TL plasma bikers; looks like they're gonna tie in something about the DA managed to save some of the old bike layouts from the crusade era; (HH books have bike squads called Outriders, and instead of TL bolters, they can have TL Plasma, Melta or Flamer bikes.)
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:27 am

One by one

Command Squad/knights: command squad isn't anything you couldn't do before, other than the apoth bitz. Look closely at the knights, who can assault off deep strike. I see no guns and no fists/th. Willing to bet PW/SS only.

Black knights: if they cost what Rw do now... Yeah! If they cost way more... Boourns.

LS Vengeance: wtf

Dark Talon: looks better than a raven or talon. Not a fan of the nose gun, but this likely the only kit so far I like enough to buy.

Belail: is it just me, or does the 3w, eternal warrior, 2++ save, relic blade wielding captain look like he has to pee? Look at his toes.

Where are the Mortis dreads? Unless they don't want FW to lose half their business.

I'm just hoping deathwing troops are close in cost to before, a master in TDA is about the same as a termie cap, and the talon is similar in price to a stormtalon.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:41 am

Speeder looks like they are fleeing from a hit and run. passenger side airbag went off.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:23 am

from what i read, the dark talon's nose gun is supposed to be something similar to the FW strike avenger's gun, which was...a 15 shot gun but it had a low str, like 3 or 4. but i see 2 variants of barrels there. and on the curved page beside it, you can just make out a replacement; a TL lascannon for the nose.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:59 pm

via the Faeit 212 comment sections: from Lars Emil
Just in reference to the title of this post: No, it’s not actually a leak, the WD is just out in Denmark…for some odd reason. I picked up my own copy yesterady at a local kiosk.

Tid bits of note in the WD:
Dark Talon: Rift cannnon (no rules sited), hurricane bolters and stasis bomb (one use only, dropped on an enemy for – 3 WS and – 3 I)

Niphilim fighter: heavy bolters, blacksword missiles (no rules sited, but the battle report later in the issue mentions that the fighter is supposed to be good at taking on enemy flyers, so I guess the missiles are for that), avenger mega bolter/lascannon.

Deathwing Command: multiple options incl. apothecary and standard bearer. A “Champion” wielding the “massive halberd of Caliban” is mentioned and there’s a picture (no rules sited).

Deathwing Knights: Terminators with WS5, Storm Shields, power mauls and special rules, incl. Hammer of
Wrath and “Smite” which makes them strike at S10 AP2 for one round. BTW both DW terminators and the knights can be fielded in units of 10 now! Oh and the DW can take plasma cannon and they have USR “split fire”!!!!

Land Speeder Vengeance: AC/HB, plasma storm battery (mentioned in the battle report to be able to fire either 3 small blasts or 1 large blast, I’m guessing plasma stats).

Darkshroud: HB/AC, Shrouded USR and conferes Stealth to allies within 12″, and it has a rule that gives units +1 to charge distance (as far as I can read – the picture is quite small and hard to read, so perhaps it’s plus 1 to something else).

RW Black Knights: plasma talons (instead of bolters, no rules sited, and not being called twin-linked plasma gun/pistols leads me to believe the rules could be a bit different), corvus hammer (no rules sited, but I guess they are power mauls), they also have the option of a RW grenade launcher.

Sammael: pretty much the same as before, as far as I can tell, though with a 4+ inv.save (which is confered to the land speeder if he chooses that instead) – can’t remember if that’s new.

Dreadnaught: has option for dual twin-autocannons, venerable dreadnaught has “DW vehicle” rule
Rules mentioned:

DW knights and black knights have a rule called “Inner Circle” and in the battlereport it is mentioned as giving them some form of re-roll in close combat.

New rule calles DW Vehicle

DW assault rule is mentioned in the battle report as ensuring a DS in turns 1 or 2 with no dice roll needed, decided by the DA player before the game begins.

There are more special rules mentioned but no rules sited.
DW, DW command and knights are in the same box.
RW command and RW black knights are in the same box.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:23 pm

The Darkshroud granting stealth? Evil if black knights near it
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemonkin Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:12 am

The fighter looks like a bad kit bash of the storm chicken and aquila fighter. scratch
Daemonkin
Daemonkin
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:34 am

And still manages to look better than the storm chicken.....
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Funny.

I'm sure i'm not the only CSM player who suddenly thinks that their army may just work better as Fallen Angels....
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:Funny.

I'm sure i'm not the only CSM player who suddenly thinks that their army may just work better as Fallen Angels....

I wonder if cypher will ever return... Loved him
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:Funny.

I saw a rumour that showed Dark Angels getting Flakk Missiles for 5pts. Seems fair.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down