Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annihilation Barge Shooting Math

2 posters

Go down

Annihilation Barge Shooting Math Empty Annihilation Barge Shooting Math

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:24 am

Some brief analysis on the number of hits with an A-Barge with Tesla Underslung. All numbers are approximate as I found it easier to run 10000 simulations rather than calculate the odds.

A-Barge 1: Snapfires Destructor, Regular Shots Underslung

1 hit: ~8%
2 hits: ~6%
3 hits: ~7%
4 hits: ~17%
5 hits: ~10%
6 hits: ~ 8%
7 hits: ~16%
8 hits: ~7%
9 hits: ~5%
10 hits: ~7%

A-Barge 2: Snapfires Underslung, Regular Destro

1 hit: ~0.3%
2 hits: ~2.5%
3 hits: ~9%
4 hits: ~14%
5 hits: ~10%
6 hits: ~22%
7 hits: ~9%
8 hits: ~14%
9 hits: ~9%
10 hits: ~3%

---

In conclusion, it's better to snapfire the underslung than the main gun, while you're more likely to get 6 hits snapfiring the main gun, you're more likely to get 8 hits snapfiring the underslung. Everything just works out in favour of snapfiring the underslung, more likely to get hits, more S7 hits (not shown here), and a more predictable distribution (less risk, risk is bad in 40K, you want predictability).
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Annihilation Barge Shooting Math Empty Re: Annihilation Barge Shooting Math

Post  Paz Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Why would you ever ever snap fire the main gun? That's like snap firing a an assault cannon in favor of a heavy bolter.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:45 pm

Some peoples on the internets were claiming that because the A-Barge is twin-linked, you'd have more opportunities for 6's, and thus it worked out best for you to be able to re-roll for more chances at 6's. I remembered doing the math way back when that showed that BS2 was the most efficient for twin-linked tesla, and BS-1 was horrible, BS-3 wasn't as good as BS4, BS4 was the 2nd best... so I figured I'd graph it out to prove it.

Snap fire the underslung, you'll average one more hit per round over the course of the game.

Nevermind the fact that the underslung is shitty S6 compared to amazing S7 (HUGE difference)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down