Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoLS Article

4 posters

Go down

BoLS Article Empty BoLS Article

Post  Roland Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:18 am

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/07/editorial-why-it-pays-to-be-collector.html

.. that isn't a spam list, or a chessy combo, or only 1/2 a paragraph.

"Collectors: This is the guy/gal who owns 6 Fire Prisms even though you can only have 3. They have an entire Ultramarines 1st, 3, 5, and 10th company with attendant armor and have seriously considered expanding to include the ENTIRE chapter. In apoc games they play as the opponent against 4 other players whole collections. You are both highly impressed and a little scared of this person because, simply, there seems to be no method to the madness except 'collecting more!'"

(Bold mine) I can't imagine anyone having that much Rolling Eyes

On a more serious note, he makes a good point. My Ultras have SEVERAL subpar units, (at least half the whole army has been modeled according to, the rule of cool; and I've made an effort to have one of everything.) but I can field damn near any list. Getting them fifth ready required at a few units, and 6th will probably require the same, but I basically have a army ready to go.

Army Builders: These people like to build a specific army for a specific purpose. It may be for a tournament, or it may be a specific project that they have always wanted to do (i.e. Exodites or Custodes). They generally have very highly converted and painted armies but not one point over the requisite 2000 points (or whatever point level they play regularly)

Most of my other armies are built to 2000 points, or at worst a hair over. For example, my orks, if any changes are required, I gotta buy something new. That said you gotta start somewhere. And that's how it expands, you build a 2000 point list, and you change that, and buy 500 points more, and then that, and add 500 MORE points, and then they come out with a new unit and you change the list and add 500 more... and then you have damn near 4 companies of marines.

So what kind of player are you?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

BoLS Article Empty Re: BoLS Article

Post  da bear Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 am

I feel I am little of all 3 categories, collector/army builder/and the last option. And so far I am sitting on 3 companies of space wolves supported by various armor and a thunder hawk for air support and I can willing say there is going to be more added in the futurem
da bear
da bear
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:25 am

I would have to say both. I am a collector because I just like to tinker with army lists. I like sitting around making new lists and other than someone letting me proxy a whole army I then have to collect at least enough points to try my idea. I don't know how many projects I have started and not finished because I had a light-bulb flash and then go dark.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Im that one mostly where you have enough of an army to field anything, but im also a big believer in projects as well. I just really like Eldar, what can i say? Razz
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down