Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoLS article on the Khorne Catapult

4 posters

Go down

BoLS article on the Khorne Catapult Empty BoLS article on the Khorne Catapult

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Clever.

Basically, a Quad Gun is an "Enemy Unit", they argue, so Kharn can assault it. Deploy it outside of your deployment zone, then have Kharn and Co assault it on turn 1 for some free movement.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2013/02/40k-rules-conundrum-about-that-quad-gun.html
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

BoLS article on the Khorne Catapult Empty Re: BoLS article on the Khorne Catapult

Post  judchic Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Same logic as typhus charging it and destroyer hiving 20 cultists to super charge epidemus. It's bs in my eyes. You bought the gun so you shouldn't be able to charge it.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

BoLS article on the Khorne Catapult Empty Re: BoLS article on the Khorne Catapult

Post  System Commander Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:30 pm

Yeah.. a bizarre circumstance indeed.

I would argue that you wouldnt be able to assault or shoot a fortification you purchased unless the enemy gains control of it.

I can see the argument for being to shoot/assault your own emplacement but wouldnt be to hard to abuse as indicated.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:27 pm

The nice thing about this tactic is that you're opponent gets to go sit and have a cappuccino after gathering his army and leaving 5 minutes into a game.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:47 pm

As a similar case, in warmachine you can charge your own models for an extra distance.

However, I would argue for 40k that you cannot charge a bastion/fortification/gun emplacement unless it is being manned by an enemy as an extension of charging that enemy.

Gun emplacements say that "the gun emplacement can be shot at and attacked in close combat. It is hit automatically in close combat and has the following profile:..."

Page 20 BRB says "To resolve a charge, use the following procedure:

*First, pick one of your units, and delare which enemy unit it wishes to charge."

Although what an enemy is is not defined in the BRB to my knowledge, I would assume it only includes models controlled by your opponent. I cannot charge barrels or ruins to move faster, so I would say that you cannot charge gun emplacements that are not enemy ones.

Cute article though, I like signs and flags =)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:The nice thing about this tactic is that you're opponent gets to go sit and have a cappuccino after gathering his army and leaving 5 minutes into a game.

This! :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down