Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightscythe... Planning...

5 posters

Go down

Nightscythe... Planning... Empty Nightscythe... Planning...

Post  Planes Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:54 am

I recently stumbled across the trailer for the second Ghost Rider movie, and I noticed that simply ANYTHING he piloted/drove became molten and burst into flames. And this is while I have an unassembled Night Scythe sitting next to me, and an abundance of Green Stuff downstairs. So now I am contemplating modelling it out similar to this sketch, with green/gold smoke and flame billowing off of it as points. I was also looking at the screaming skull head from my Cairn Wraith in place of the pilot's supplied head, and doing some Green Stuff flames as well.

Nightscythe... Planning... Burning_up_the_night_scythe_by_planes-d53rgty

I also now find myself with the desire to build custom Tomb Blades as a squad of Ghost Riders...
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Nightscythe... Planning... Empty Re: Nightscythe... Planning...

Post  dusktiger Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:43 pm

dude. do it. thats one of my top 3 marvel heroes. look into some of the warmachine Cryx models at the den. there's some sweet stuff in there you could use for conversion bits too
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Yeah, I've been eyeing up that faction for a while now. I could see how the "heads" of some of their smaller engines could make good cowling for the front wheel on bikes and such.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Is this what you had in mind?

Nightscythe... Planning... Wraith_riders_by_planes-d53ug2h
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:02 pm

The ghost rider movie should never be used as inspiration for anything.. save maybe a reason to blind yourself. Ghost rider 2 is only good for watching if your contemplatimg suicide
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:27 pm

I never said I watched the first movie for the plot. I plan on watching the second movie entirely for "holycrapitsamanwithaflamingskullforaheadandanythinghetouchesorridesisinstantlysetablazeandbecomesmoltenanddecayedandFIRE!" type reasons. That, and apparently the directors on number two style themselves as a sort of "stunt camera men", so if nothing else some of the cinematography should be interesting. I'm not expecting anything mind blowing or deep, just an hour and a half or so of explosions, cheap one liners, car chases, and the crane fight scene. The whole $1 I will have to pay to rent that movie will likely be worth it just to watch that one fight scene.

Me making these "Wraith Riders", however, is entirely dependent on me being able to acquire A) some Defilers and/or Ripjaws to maim and use for bits, and B) being able to find bikes of an appropriate scale to put Necrons on. The Hot Wheels ones down at Bargain Shop have bodies just a wee bit too big to put Necron heads on. Though, it occurs to me that Ork skulls would fit those bodies just fine...

It also baffles me as to why a Hot Wheels motorcycle costs over twice as much as a car of the same brand.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:10 am

First time i ever went to the kiosk and asked for my money back after watching a movie.

Remember the days of con-air and faceoff? back when Nic cage was The Man. those days are over Sad never again does he get my coin.... nevah!

edit: defiler bits are expensive, and word is that they might actually be "good" come October. If your looking to get some cheap, best do it now.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:41 am

I suppose I should clarify that I was talking about the Defilers from the Cryx faction of Warmachine. I found someone over on the local WM forums who's apparently trying to sell off his Cryx army whole sale, and I'm trying to see if I can snap up the small Bonejacks I'd use for bits.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:22 am

Mike B: Nic Cage has NEVAH been the man. His "accent" in Con Air was atrocious. I should know. I grew up in Mobile.

Erin has MET him (along with Jon Lovitz and Dana Carvey) when they filmed "Welcome to Paradise" in NOTL. Jon and Dana were gracious and funny, and took the time to talk to them.

Nic was a COLLOSAL PRICK. Erin mutters "douchebag" everytime he appears on screen.

Tom: You are a braver man than I. I avoid Green Stuff like the poisonous, Toxic substance it is:)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:38 am

But how else are you supposed to make roiling green/gold smoke roll off of the wing of your battle damaged Night Scythe?

Also, as a note, I will probably wait to do that effect until after the tournament unless time is very kind to me..
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down