Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lord of the Warp II

+4
littlehurc
gluvzer
Administratum
System Commander
8 posters

Go down

Lord of the Warp II Empty Lord of the Warp II

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:12 pm

I've been thinking about hosting another small point friday night tournie, more or less the same as the fantasy guys run their Lord of the Night event. Points values will probably be about 750-1000 points and we'll try to shoot for 3 games in a time frame of around 5 hours. I'm trying to decide if we should play it straight by the 40k in a Flash rules (no saves better then 3+, no 3 wound characters, no vehicles with armor on the front, side and rear totalling 33 or higher) orrrrrrr, if we should throw comp completely out of the window except for the 1 Hq, 2 troops rules and allow you to bring whatever army you want for 750 or 1000 points.

What does the group think? I'll probably shoot for a date around April 25th, Friday Night.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Warp II Empty Re: Lord of the Warp II

Post  Administratum Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:26 pm

Sounds like fun. I dont care if it is 40k in a flash or not.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Sounds good, I definately be in for that. I think flash rules would be cool, it adds a bit a spin to the game making you rely more on the lowly foot-slogger and not at all on uber characters and big tanks. But that is just my opinion.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  littlehurc Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:08 am

Sounds good to me, I'll be there.
littlehurc
littlehurc
Crusader

http://www.metaldesignz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:23 pm

I would be interested, but would have to re-arrange some standing Friday plans......Flash or Normal rules would be fine with me.

If someone is feelin' creative, I am sure they (we) could come up with our own verison of Flash rules that everyone would be cool with. It would be best if we could come up with a theme for the tourney that everyone could follow, and they would make logical scenerios that everyone could play. Something like a "Story"....

I know it would be harder to organize, but something like a major Imperial (SM and Guard) raid into a Xenos Stronghold has spawned a series of skirmishes as both sides jockey for position. Other races have seen the potential to either help or hinder either side to further their own causes.

Scenerios could run along the lines of...
A modified Take and Hold where a supply line has been broken/raided and both side move into reclaim/steal the supplies.
A Recon Scenerio where two scouting groups happen upon each other while moving to spy on the enemy.
A scenerio where one side must defend its stronghold against an assault. Depending on how things worked out, this last battle could even be a 2v2 battle....

Just ideas....we have lots of time to flesh em out if we want to.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Warp II Empty ULord of the Warp II guidelines

Post  System Commander Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:02 pm

So, just to answer a couple questions. With most of the tournies we run, a theme or story is always present. This is even more so in the smaller games. I usually always theme the scenarios to sort of "lead-up" to the finale of things.

We're going to stick with the standard, by the book 40K in a Flash rules for the lord of the Warp II event. I have to decide on a date still, and will more than likely be about Apr 25th'ish, a few weeks after the Apoc battle.

I'll post the rules for the event as a sticky note in the next little bit, however if you want to know the rough guidelines to get ready...

800 points
No 3 wound characters
No saves better then 3+
Vehicles must have armor of less then 33 on front, side, rear combined.
No Ordnance weapons
1 Troop mandatory (you dont have to buy an Hq, but if you dont you must nominate one model to be your Hq. If that model dies, each unit in your army must make a leadership or begin falling back. They can regroup normally afterwards. If your fearless your fine.)

There are some more, but that will give a general guideline to plan your list. I'll post the rest of rules later. If you want, the rules are all in the files section in the old yahoo group.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:55 pm

excellent, i should have my genestealer cults ready, which should reduce the # of eldar players at this thing! Laughing
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Warp II Empty count me in for the 25TH

Post  Gulsnick Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:34 am

i could do either set of rules ,
should be fun
Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:22 pm

this should be fun. i might bring a tau or ork list ive been devising, or maybe just my marines who knows. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Buhler Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:37 pm

Yeah I'd be up for it. Question regarding the HQ thing, let's say someone (I couldn't imagine who) fielded a Tau Ethereal. Since when the HQ dies every unit has to take a morale check or fall back, does that mean if the Ethereal dies the Tau have to make two morale checks or just the one?

Justin
Justin Buhler
Justin Buhler
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:15 am

I was talking to Rob about this the other day and he had mentioned that we will likely run it in the next league.....

As well, he was thinking that the next league would be an Escalation style.

Ryan
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Warp II Empty Yup

Post  System Commander Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:08 pm

Yes, the currently the "plan". When the next league starts, we'll probably with a run with an escalation type of league, although I'll run it past the league members first. We'll start at 500 points and go up 250 points the next week, and then proceed at a rate of +250 points every second week until the end of the league. We'll probably end on the last week being 2000 points.

You'll be able to play a maximum of 2 games per week at the escalation point limit, in which you'll receieve some extra points for doing so. Or, you can choose just to play regular games, any points limits for the normal amount of points.

I'll post the official rules closer to the start-up, but on the the third week at 750 points, we'll probably have the Lord of the Warp tournie on that Friday.

That's the working theory, but I haven't officially planned anything yet.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:53 pm

Now that Cam has posted about the Tourney in Regina, is the Lord of the Night II still on? I ask as there is no way I am getting to Regina for that so I am all for the Friday night tourney.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue May 13, 2008 11:27 am

You will probably notice I posted someposters at the Den for the Lord of Warp 2 tourney to run on May 30th. Alas, I forgot that the PA tourney was that Sunday and then Calgary is the weekend after that.

So, the question is would you rather see it the week before PA, May 23rd or after Calgary, June 13th?

Id rather do it sooner than later.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down