Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lord of the Warp 2 - redux

+4
Guardian Angel
Paz
Administratum
System Commander
8 posters

Go down

Lord of the Warp 2 - redux Empty Lord of the Warp 2 - redux

Post  System Commander Thu May 15, 2008 5:11 pm

There has been a change of plans and the Lord of the Warp 750 point tourey will be running on May 23rd. We will be starting at around 6pm, 6:30 at the latest and will play 3-4 games until Midnight. I'll give out some prizes and that will be that.

Any questions on rules, etc. ask away.

If your planning on attending, just reply to this thread. The cost for the event will be $10, just so we can give some decent prizes. I'm hoping we can get at least 10 people out to play.

System Commander

40K in a Flash rules

Army limitations
Each player’s army must conform to the rules below:
• Armies are no more than 500 points (750)
• You must have one troop choice (750 – 2 troops)
• You may have one HQ choice but no more than one. You do not have to take an HQ choice.
• You may spend any remaining points on anything from your codex list from the Standard Troop Organization chart.
• No model can have more than 2 wounds (750 – 3 wounds)
• No special characters allowed
• No 2+ saves or better are allowed
• No vehicles with a total armor equal to or higher than 33 for front, side and rear armor total allowed. (750 – 34 total)
• All models must be WYSIWYG

Commanders
As noted above you do not have to take an HQ choice in your force, but a commander must still be nominated. This model is the senior ranking figure – the model with the highest leadership. In the case of models being equal rank, only one can be the force commander, and this model must be specified before the game begins.

Any unit within 8” of the ranking model can use the commander’s leadership. However, if your army commander is killed every unit in your army must take a leadership test or fall back (this does not include models in close combat or units that are fearless)

Scenarios
The rulebook scenarios are suitable for use in 40k in a flash

Last edited by System Commander on Fri May 23, 2008 4:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Warp 2 - redux Empty Re: Lord of the Warp 2 - redux

Post  Administratum Thu May 15, 2008 5:45 pm

I will be there! I assume that you will be using the 40k in a flash rules?

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 15, 2008 11:17 pm

i am definitly going to be there

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri May 16, 2008 9:22 am

40K in a Flash will be in effect. They are floating around the board here somewhere, I posted them in anticipation for the escalation league. Ill make sure they are though.. Smile

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Warp 2 - redux Empty Might as well

Post  Guest Fri May 16, 2008 10:39 am

I will attend the flashy tourney.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri May 16, 2008 11:38 am

I as well will be there, with bells on! time to try out my new daemons!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Sat May 17, 2008 9:44 pm

I am in....just one question.

Is it at Dragon's Den?
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Buhler Sun May 18, 2008 5:35 pm

Hey does anyone happen to have five Plague Marines they'd be willing to borrow for the tournament? I should have my Thousand Sons painted up and ready by that point but I still haven't had a chance to buy the Plague Marines. Also, is it alright if I sub in some Dark Angels vehicles (basically just Rhinos) since I'll be converting them to Chaos vehicles anyways? It's just like I said I haven't had time to yet. So yeah, if anyone has Plague Marines they're not using if I could that would be awesome, let me know. Thanks.

Justin
Justin Buhler
Justin Buhler
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 19, 2008 12:10 am

As it turns out on friday i cant make it to the tourney. so good luck to everyone playing.

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon May 19, 2008 1:01 am

Guardian Angel wrote:I am in....just one question.

Is it at Dragon's Den?

Yup.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Cjihad Tue May 20, 2008 10:19 am

I will be there.
One quick question for 40k in a flash rules it says no 2+ saves. If i were to play Black Templars i would have to take the Emperor's Champion, because every Black Templars army of at least 750 points must include an Emperors Champion. How would this work?
Cjihad
Cjihad
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue May 20, 2008 12:17 pm

Cjihad wrote:I will be there.
One quick question for 40k in a flash rules it says no 2+ saves. If i were to play Black Templars i would have to take the Emperor's Champion, because every Black Templars army of at least 750 points must include an Emperors Champion. How would this work?

Does the champ have a 2 plus save? He must come equipped with artificer armor.. aha.

You are exempt from bringing the Emp's Champion in this case. Since your army represents a patrol portion of a larger force, he must be with the other guys.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue May 20, 2008 12:18 pm

Justin Buhler wrote:Hey does anyone happen to have five Plague Marines they'd be willing to borrow for the tournament? I should have my Thousand Sons painted up and ready by that point but I still haven't had a chance to buy the Plague Marines. Also, is it alright if I sub in some Dark Angels vehicles (basically just Rhinos) since I'll be converting them to Chaos vehicles anyways? It's just like I said I haven't had time to yet. So yeah, if anyone has Plague Marines they're not using if I could that would be awesome, let me know. Thanks.

Justin

I've got 5 plague marines you can use.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue May 20, 2008 4:53 pm

Hey Robyn!

Most of the table tops are still in my Garage. If you need more than what is at the Den right now please feel free to call me and we can get these to the den. By we I mean if you got a truck I will help load. And by help load I mean stand and point out all your flaws.

Home 477-1064, work 477-1959
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Buhler Tue May 20, 2008 5:05 pm

System Commander wrote:
I've got 5 plague marines you can use.

System Commander

Thanks Robyn, I checked my list again and I'll actually be needing 3 Plague Marines, 2 Plague Marines w/ Plasma Guns and 1 Plague Marine Champion with Bolt Pistol & Power Fist. Does that work for you? Let me know. Thanks again.

Justin

PS. Federated Co-Op called. Unfortunately I already have a job now so they were about a week too late.
Justin Buhler
Justin Buhler
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue May 20, 2008 11:17 pm

two questions robyn.

1. In codex daemons, you can take two heralds per HQ selection, so list wise im only taking one HQ, but two heralds, is that within the rules?

2.also, you say no special characters, what about unique characters (the masque of slaanesh for instance). she is not a special character, but has the unique rule (you cannot take doubles of named characters). also, the unit add-on for the pink horrors, the changeling, is not independant, but is unique, is he in as well? questions questions questions!

Last edited by Paz on Wed May 21, 2008 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Anderson Wed May 21, 2008 3:03 am

I be there. Sounds like a bunch of fun.
Mr Anderson
Mr Anderson
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed May 21, 2008 9:51 am

Questions indeed!

First of all, yes, you can definitely take 2 heralds as one HQ selection, that is fine.

Secondly, I'm afraid the named characters are off limits for this one. Even the poor little 5 little point changeling in this case.

In these small point games, movement, strategy, tactics, terrain, etc. are all emphasized. Some characters would end up being overpowered in a small point game. Beyond that, it's hard to believe they would sully themselves with such a minor scouting party.

I cringe to think what the skulltaker could to in 750 points.. Smile

So, no named characters for the small point battle, but for PA I know they are allowed and will be in any events other than 40K in a Flash we run. Hopefully that helps out a bit.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Wed May 21, 2008 11:17 am

Personally, I am kinda worried about what the non-unique Demons will do. Something about those Khorne Troop choices being only 14 points witha 3+/5+ save....not to mention Furios Charge....but then again, I am going from hear-say and rumor. I never actually bought a codex.

Hopefully, Paz's Demons are strong but defeatable.

I know it is a bit much to ask for with all the various codices in various revisions, but I would like to see GW make an effort to balance things out so that one army does not have a distinct advantage over another (i.e. SM going for draw against Eldar). I would like it to be all about tactics and army composition deciding the battle....at the time of the battle. It is no fun to have the game decided before you have even hit the table.

Anyhoo....I know that this is a continuing complaint of many people....and my thoughts are really just wishful thinking.

Other then that, I am looking forward to the Esc. League.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed May 21, 2008 12:00 pm

Daemons are tough but definitely defeatable. They deep strike for one thing, meaning your army will coming in piecemeal. I've had assassins that haven't shown up till turn 5 before.. and by that time is usually to late if your in trouble. It will definitely be a hit and miss army. You could have an awesome round of deep strike rolls or your units could come on whenever you dont need them anymore. You'll problaby want things like horrors and flamers on early to soften up strong shooting units, but if you get your daemonettes and bloodletters instead, you could be in serious trouble.

Secondly, they will be highly susceptable to template weapons, especially if the deep strike goes a bit awry and they're stuck out in the open. Some units like Daemonettes ONLY have a 5+ invulnerable save. With toughnness 3, things like frag missiles, mortars, frag greandes (from the launcher) will be killing them if they're grouped up in deep strike formation.

However, after that initial deep strike turn is weathered and they start moving, they will definitely be tearing stuff up in hand to hand. They will also be really weak on the shooting part. Sure they have a couple strong shooting units, but that's it, only a handful and possibly even none is you go with a pure Khorne list.

On paper it looks strong because of the low points cost and beefy stat lines, but I definitely think they can be defeated... especially with 6 psycannons in your list.. go Daemonhunters!

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed May 21, 2008 2:18 pm

sounds good robyn, Ill just run the masque as a generic herald of slaanesh. also, Ryan: bloodletters dont get a 3+, theres an upgrade for characters and elites, but not for the letters.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down