Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Badab War Campaign - August 2011 - Phase 3 of 5 Results

3 posters

Go down

Badab War Campaign - August 2011 - Phase 3 of 5 Results Empty Badab War Campaign - August 2011 - Phase 3 of 5 Results

Post  dusktiger Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:10 pm

Recap;
in July, Loyalists won Phase 2 27CP to 20CP, earning the right to have Fast Attack Units count as Scoring Units for the rest of the campaign, as well as the "Replacements" asset in the final Apoc game at The Palace of Thorns in October.

This month we're playing matches to give each player on the victorious side +1 Orbital Bombardment in addition to any others they may already have.

This month the points are as follows:
  • 2 Special Missions = 4 CP Each
  • Apocalypse Games of 3000pts+ Per side = 3CP
  • Battle Mission of 2000pts+ Per side = 2CP
  • Other Victories = 1 CP

Official Campaigners for each side are as follows:

• Michael/Dusktiger (Loyalists, Codex Marines, and Campaign organizer)
  • Beau/Roland (Loyalists, Codex Marines, assistant Campaign organizer)
  • Ben/Spamus Eatus (Loyalists, Dark Angels)
  • Dan/Bear (Seccessionists, Codex Marines/Space Wolves)
  • Andrew/Pod Rat (Seccessionists, Chaos Marines)
  • Robyn/System Commander (Seccessionists, Chaos Marines)

If you have questions on the campaign, pm me on the forum. if you're going to join in for a random game as a guest player, pm Roland for details on what nights we're playing that month and where.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Badab War Campaign - August 2011 - Phase 3 of 5 Results Empty Re: Badab War Campaign - August 2011 - Phase 3 of 5 Results

Post  dusktiger Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:20 pm

So far this week, we have 4 matches that have been played:
Secessionist Dan vs Loyalist Beau, 2000pt Battle Mission; Dan won 2CP.
Secessionist Andrew vs Loyalist Michael, 2000pt Battle Mission; Michael won 2CP.
Secessionist Robyn vs Loyalist Beau, 2000pt Battle Mission; Robyn won 2CP.
Secessionist Dan vs Secessionist Andrew, 2000pt Battle Mission; Since this was a match between 2 of the same side, only 1CP was awarded to count it as an "Other" Category. Dan won 1CP.

This leaves the Secessionists with 5CP, the Loyalists with 2.

An Apocalypse match in the 3000pt range will be played on Saturday between myself and Dan at the Den around 1pm.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Badab War Campaign - August 2011 - Phase 3 of 5 Results Empty Re: Badab War Campaign - August 2011 - Phase 3 of 5 Results

Post  System Commander Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:34 am

So, the wife and kidlet are away for the weekend and Im free for anything. If you guys want an extra or need some extra apoc units.. just let me know.

Or, Id be happy playing someone else in an apoc game or the special mission, doesnt matter to me.

That aside, I have two questions.

First, about the Fast Attack as scoring. I'm assuming this is all fast attack choices, but not vehicles since behicles can't count as socring. I just wanted to clarify it ahead of time in case it came up in any games.

Secondly, how are you going to handle scoring units for Apocalypse. Its a little frustrating GW never issued a faq to clear things up.. but instead just included a .. "you can plat it this way, or that way" but either way makes some strategems useless.

I'm mainly referring to what counts as scoring units. The old rules were mobile vehicles and units above half strength, but that was also in line 5th edition. When 5th came out and they released APoc Reloaded.. they sort of glazed over it... saying. oh, well, now it can just be troops or whatever you want!

I like the idea of having it in line with 5th edition rules, only troops can claim and anything can contest.. however.. its actually really hard to keep troops alive in apoc games.. and the simple fact you dont have to take any pushes the issue further. Plus, doing it that way renders some good strategems useless.

Ive tried it both ways since the new edition and I think using troops as scoring is the best way.. it does make it tough in higher point games thoiugh.. as you start scale higher in points.. is usually filled with all the cool stuff.

How are you guys going do it?

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:08 pm

so this month the results are in, and the final score is Loyalists 17, Secessionists 5.

This means the Loyalists get +1 Orbital Bombardment to any they may already have in any games during the month of September.

The loyalists also gain the Careful Planning Asset for the October Final Battle.

This leaves the Loyalists having their reserves come in on a 3+ from turn 2, Their Fast Attack infantry are scoring, and they gain +1 Orbital Bombardment.

They Also have the Strategic Redeployment, Replacements, and Careful Planning Assets for the Final Apoc Battle.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:11 am

So due to the benevolent nature of our marines errant player, there's a change to the results.
The score is now 13-5, and the special mission Roland and bear played will be redone and worth 8 points. Then there will be a 2pt mission between myself and Robyn, and a 2pt mission between ben and andrew.
That way, so long as dan manages a win, there's a potential to tie closely in points. If by weird twist of fate, there is an actual tie, we'll fall back to the original conclusion of last night's point results.

That is all.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:44 pm

I wouldn't call it benevolence, we totally played the mission wrong. Redo is the only reasonable way to play it, therefore my points for the win go.

And I wasnt saying he gets 8 for the win. if he wins, he gets the 4, provided Robyn and Andrew win, thats 8 pts total,, which would be a tie. As Robyn and Ben havent played yet, they could play a tiebreaker if needed>
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:16 am

Thats alot of wins wed have to make.. and.. a big IF on the end. hehe.. Given the campaigns track record.. I dont see us pulling this one out of the fire.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:19 am

i'm inclined to agree with you, pulling 3 consecutive wins out is a bit much, even if we say dan was "forced" into deploying wrong. although he didnt really, he just didnt take advantage of deploying those rhinos from the flank. and right now, i dont know if ill be playing next week anyways.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down