Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new dark eldar stuff

3 posters

Go down

new dark eldar stuff Empty new dark eldar stuff

Post  dusktiger Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:49 am

just got pics of these in todays newsletter

khymera
new dark eldar stuff M1670017a_99060112063_Khymera1_445x319

razorwing flock
new dark eldar stuff M1670037a_99060112068_DERazorwingFlock_445x319

clawed fiend
new dark eldar stuff M1670032a_99060112067_DEClawedFiend_445x319

beastmaster
new dark eldar stuff M1670012a_99060112062_DEBeastmaster_445x319

succubus
new dark eldar stuff M1670027a_99060112066_DESuccubus_445x319
"This blister pack contains one Dark Eldar Succubus in five components and a 25mm Round Slotted Base. (This miniature is fully compatible with plastic Dark Eldar kits, enabling you to convert your Succubus with any spare weapons from your Dark Eldar collection.)" that's a cool idea to do with blister packs. i wouldnt mind some marine characters done that way. like captains and chaplains and librarians.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

new dark eldar stuff Empty Re: new dark eldar stuff

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:57 pm

I like the beast-pack models.
Crow swarms are cool,
The Ape-fiends are cool,

...and Skinless dogs look creepy...

The succubus looks good too.

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:37 pm

There's also an alternate picture of the 4-legged fiends with insect like arms instead of the tentacles.

The kymera models are great.. spooky, creppy and very alien... I relaly like those. The rest are well done, but those stand out for me.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:50 pm

the khymara thing looks to demonic to me not alien the clawed fiend looks like an awesome space gorilla! haha

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:24 am

ben- thats what khymera are, warp nightmares given form.

I love the khymera and the fiend. The birds and masters are "meh". not worth it to me.
Man gw is getting good sculptors, that fiend is... too good.

The article on "whats new" is REALLY good, im surprised. Gave me a really good idea of how the unit works stats wise, and made me rethink the khymera. At first i thought they were so-so, now from a tabletop look= awesome!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:54 pm

[quote="Paz"]ben- thats what khymera are, warp nightmares given form.

how would the dark eldar tame daemons? wouldn't they be afraid they will manifest into she who thirsts?

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:48 pm

"The Warp-beasts called Khymerae are living proof of a Beastmasters' skills as a spirit-hunter. Each Khymera is a denizen of the chaotic dimension known as the Empyrean, born from the stuff of a Daemonworld. Khymerae set loose on the battlefields of realspace can wreak utter havoc before fading away like mist."

that's what they describe them as on the site. They're not demons, so much as wild animals that were made in the warp 'on' demon worlds, thus the reason for the demon-like appearances. given they come from a realm with no sun, the need for them to have skin covering their bodies is moot. here's a quick dive into biology for ya, kids; the reason living things on earth have skin, is it's your body's defense mechanism against radiation bombardment from the sun. this is also why people that come from bloodlines situated where there's a higher exposure to sunlight/gamma radiation from our star have darker skin, as the pigment in their skin has a higher concentration to compensate accordingly. end of biology lesson.

overall, i hope to see our dark eldar players field some of these models, as i think they look good. i've also been on the recieving end of them at the last 1000pt tournament, so i know how effective they can be.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down