Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

System Commander's View

+2
Veyure
System Commander
6 posters

Go down

System Commander's View Empty System Commander's View

Post  System Commander Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Alrighty, I just wanted to put out my view on how I'm looking at things, to see if everyone is on the same page. The main point for the entire Hunters community is the following:

ALL games should be fun and sportsmanly, this is a given, always a given, and should never be questioned. This means not taking advantage of rulings, solving any questions nicely, or by asking the moderators, etc. Keep er civil, happy, friendly, etc.

Now, how I'm viewing the two divisions is simply as follows.

Fluff Division
- Playing some easy, relaxed games, nothing to instense, good place to learn more about the game
- Painting and other aspects of the hobby are highly encouraged

Tuff Division
- Bring. The. Pain.
- The place to try the hard units, the strong builds, all the the other stuff people frown about and you've read about on the net.
- Got a crazy, over the top idea.. bring it to the tuff league

Now, all this discussion about the Tuff not being fun or sportsmanly or scared of arguing rules has got to be thrown out the window and forgotten. It has to all be fun, or there's no reason to play. If your not making it fun for someone else, we'll get you moving along.. but this is not a Tuff only attribute, its a whole LEAGUE idea.

So, I think some people are thinking that the Tuff division is being described as the cheese/jerk factory. Not it.. I wont stand for being a jerk in any part.. I jsut want a place where people can play whatever lists they want, and not get hassled. This includes me guys.. I have some lists Id love to try out, but always strayed away because I personally didn't think it would make a very interesting game. However, If I know my opponent is going to be looking for the toughest thing they can bring, I'm going to do the same and not feel guilty.. but happy.

When I get a chance, I'll be whipping out the 5 monstrous creature daemon list to bring to a Tuff game..

So, to reiterate, if I was describe the divisions in one sentence:

Fluff - Painting and Modelling emphasized, relaxed and competitve lists.
Tuff - Strong army builds and units, go for the win, be the best you can be.

Now, is that so bad a description?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

System Commander's View Empty Re: System Commander's View

Post  Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:45 pm

works for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Exactly as i had thought and how i was making my arguments. If both players are trying to kick a lot of as s, it will be fun, not intimidating.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

System Commander's View Empty Aghhh some answers

Post  Commander James of the Ul Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:58 pm

Awesome Thank for straighting things out. So For the Tuff league it would be totally cool If I brought two land raiders ( one a crusader) and another Terminus Ultra Landraider and some crazy terminator for a 2 thousand point game. Always wondered how that would go.

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:17 pm

It would also be fine to bring a 6 land raider Daemonhunters list.. you betcha!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:38 pm

Commander James of the Ul wrote: Terminus Ultra Landraider

Can we avoid Apocalypse and IA units for the Tuff league? I'd prefer games that are more of a competitive edge, not filled with total bullshit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:47 pm

All IA stuff is opponents permission Alex. So if you have a problem with your opponent using one, say no when he asks you.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:00 pm

I didnt catch the terminus landraider reference, I thought I had read redeemer.

These are jsut regualr games, and Apoc units are not allowed in regular games. If yu ask your opponent and he says sure, no reason.

Alex.. .. this is the last.. and I mean it.. last warning. All the threads that are having controversy in them have you right in the middle and Im tired beyond belief with your crap.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:07 pm

Dont want to start an argument here at all, and im sorry i always harp on this, but the highest level of competitive play would be the major north american tournament circuit and the GW grand tournament. To the best of my knowledge IA units are allowed in all cases without your opponents permission. Just some food for thought, and i know that people consider competition on different levels. My fondest desire though is that at some point we can get a road crew together again and resume kicking ass across western Canada.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:11 pm

Apparently the UK GT has no composition, sportsmanship etc. the only thing judged is your battle points earned from winning battles. Now that touney (if anyone bothered to read the BoLS article i recommended) had the lash oblit lists in the top and a few other suprising entries. that would be a tough tournament.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:36 pm

Oh yes... yes! Give me my imperial armor units! Dreadnaught drop pods... goood.... good. *Twitch.*

Sorry, I've got a thing for those, but no one ever lets me use them. ^_^

Sounds pretty right to me Robyn!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:29 am

LexMechanic wrote:Dont want to start an argument here at all, and im sorry i always harp on this, but the highest level of competitive play would be the major north american tournament circuit and the GW grand tournament. To the best of my knowledge IA units are allowed in all cases without your opponents permission. Just some food for thought, and i know that people consider competition on different levels. My fondest desire though is that at some point we can get a road crew together again and resume kicking ass across western Canada.

You do know that IA includes a lot of =I=censor=I= that rly breaks the game, like dreadnaught drop pods as Caros mentioned....

I also would not enjoy my opponent using non-super heavy baneblades in a normal game.... Anyways Imma be joining the Fluff league as things seem

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:55 am

Actually, there are only a few things that are really broken, like the lucius drop pod. Most stuff is way overcosted, something forgeworld has stated in their missives. Its to stop people using them to overpower and win against someone. Plus, not all IA is Super-heavies, which do un-balance regular 40k because of how difficult it is to kill them.
But, as we have all said, if you want to use a mega-dread, a siege dreadnought or some IA unit, you need your opponent's permission before hand.
The PA tournie allowed IA but no SHs or GCs. I didn't face that much, until my final game, when a guy pulled that retarded lucius drop pod on me, without warning me before hand.
"you can't assault out of that drop-pod"
"unh I can, see, that's a lucius..."
"doesn't... doesn't look any different to me..."
"naw its IA yo yo".
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:28 pm

They arent official rules for the Fluff or Tuff division, so that shouldn't weigh in anyway to your decision.

At some point, I think someone interpreted that as being a rule for the Tuff.. it definitely is not.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:43 pm

As far as the Tuff league is concerned (At least for my part), I'm saying : IF your opponent's ok with it, go ahead, but make sure you ask! IA are not 'in by default'.

Which, I believe, is the same way Robyn's been running it.

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:54 pm

You betcha, same for all leagues. If your not sure, just run it past your opponent to make sure its cool. Most of the newer stuff is prefectly fine, but I think some of the older stuff might be getting a bit dated in terms of stats rules as it relates to 5th edition. I cant think of anyhting offhand Id say was super scary though..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:40 pm

Eldar Titans. I'll never allow an opponent to use one outside of an apocalypse game.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:00 am

Oh yeah, for sure. Anyhting like that ... damn, I dont want to even face an eldar titan in an Apoc game.. or at least that uis. Bad enough trying to kill it as it is.. without Joe rolling like 10 cover saves every turn.. Smile

In the last Apoc ganme I played againt him.. that titan basically took ot half my itself..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down