Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campaign sign up

+5
Paz
sewerstalker
System Commander
Veyure
Terran
9 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Campaign sign up - Page 4 Empty Re: Campaign sign up

Post  HiveMindRuik Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Terran wrote:1pm on Sunday sounds fine Randy. What point level are we looking at? 2000 again?

sure
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:02 pm

for our game saturday at 2, it will be a 2000 point gam right

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:18 pm

bensutherland333 wrote:for our game saturday at 2, it will be a 2000 point gam right

yes i guess we are playing at 2 then Razz so are we sticking to campaign rules then?
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:57 pm

HiveMindRuik wrote:
bensutherland333 wrote:for our game saturday at 2, it will be a 2000 point gam right

yes i guess we are playing at 2 then Razz so are we sticking to campaign rules then?

yep yep

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:19 am

Discovered on a derelict vessel by the eldar was a note, oddly addressed to Autarch Fir'une.

"You know little of which you speak. We are not the dark ones of whom you can draw ancient ties and hatreds. We are a new brand of foe. A blade forged from the depths of a world of torture and chaos. We have shed the skin of our foolish kin, squabling, infighting, stealing like the petty beings they are. On this unfortunate world we shall become known. But be wary, for you are already known to us. Your relentless prejedices are no concern of ours, but be warned. Should a move be made against our newfound allies by those who cannot see but the past, they shall not experience the future."

-The Council of Sar'vock

On that note, me and canadin were looking to have a 2v2 match on wednesday, are there any takers?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:40 am

In case anybody wants to read the council's take on events of wednesday past, here you go.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:56 am

Car'lomek spoke our sorcerers tell us that a large force of eldar are present at this planet if we reap there soul stones slennesh will reward us greatly, it is time we move in, ay said the the nose marine sergeant Cormalak, but with so all of alantsars craft world and that dark eldar raiding force our forces alone will not be able to deafeat them, however some daemons recently materialized there and were decimated they also want to take the planet, but will not be able to with there small numbers, we will reach out a deal with them, Car'lomek said.

in other words joe(littlehurc) would you like to ally with me Question

demonic scum! our foolish sources that told us daemons were to ally with us, forgot to mention that they were khorne daemons, that fool suffered greatly in the meantime our armies are ready for war against the daemons.

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:13 pm

Battle Summary between Reagan(Eldar) and Randy(Tyranid)

Autarch Fir'une studied the visions that swam before his eyes; images and scenes of war and death being fed to him from dozens of different battlezones across the face of this doomed little world. Dire Avengers scything down the remains of what was assuredly a fearsome brood of Genestealers. A squad of Fire Dragons gunning down a massive snake-like beast, only to be consumed by another. Visions of death and destruction. Fir'une shifted his focus to the darkest of these emotions. Visions of precise rocket fire scything down scores of alien mosnters. Feelings of dark triumph when the monstrous core of the alien army was rendered into its component atoms. 'Oh! Curious....I did not expect him.'

Fir'une shifted the entirety of his focus onto one single fraction of the battlezone. A figure stood there, dominating the battlefield. A grim spectre of war, hefting a massive weapon that echoed the mon'keigh Reapers scythe. "Maugan Ra. Well, I suspect your allegiance is not as solid as some would expect. These Phoenix Lords, so uncertain, even to those who tread the myriad paths of what may come to pass. I suspect that the war for the heart of our Craftworld is not yet lost..." Fir'une released the image, once again turning his thoughts to directing the war on its numerous fronts. He suspected that he would be taking the field quite soon. The call to war was beginning to sing in his blood, and it could only be denied for so long...

The Eldar managed to pull off a victory against the Tyranid. Despite the large numbers of crispy gribbly bodies on the field, the Tyranid almost managed a win based on bonus kill points from objectives (damn Warriors in cover). But the Eldar proved victorious in the end. Over-all, a very close, well-played game.
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:19 pm

If its not too late I'd like to join this campaign if I can, with my orks of course.
Freezingoon
Freezingoon
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Its fine, I'll add you to the roster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:26 am

Private log:: Farseer Mael Dannan

The battle for this world goes well. The tyranid splinter fleets have almost all been dealt with. Two of their three main hive clusters have been reduced to ashes, while the third remains wounded. It seems that not only us Eldar, but the forces of both the Inquisition as well as the Emperor's Children have been striking blows against the hive presence. However, the tyranids are not our main concern.

A Legion of daemons is gathering. No doubt thanks to the Chaos Space Marines' presence. And the mysterious appearance of Orks does not bode well. With my psychic foresight however, we were able to ambush a column of Orks today, along with a unit of tyranids. We struck swiftly alongside our dark sisters; and dealt a killing blow to the tyranids. With the death of their synaptic overlords, the swarm seemed to simply scurry off and die.

The Orks however proved themselves a very dangerous opponent. We pushed hard into them, slicing air with shuriken and lance weaponry. But the air is all we seemed able to slice... The Ork Mek somehow managed to protect his contraptions from everything we threw at them. If not for the fact that we ambushed the Orks, and managed to maneuver circles around them, it is very likely that they may have defeated us today.

I asked Maugen Ra after the battle if he felt that we could overcome the Mek's force field, but he did not answer... He simply turned to his dark reaper followers, mounted a wave serpent with them, and flew over to the nest of the tyranids we slew; he then proceeded with its demolition. Maugen Ra may have saved our craftworld from the warp, but I fear that he may have lost every bit of the soul that once lived inside that armour of his.

Regardless, the battle was won. Craftworld Altansar is consolidating good ground on this planet along with her allies. The Empire of Man is also taking back most of what they lost to the tyranids in the initial conflict. But the forces of Chaos are also gaining power, and the appearance of Orks is never a good thing. I must ponder today's events further....

---End Log---

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:02 am

Status report; Inquisitor Lord Whin Zacharius Roe.

The Emperor has surely smiled upon his children this day! This world has been under assault by heretics and Xenos for far too long, and now we make our stand. Eviscerating the Tyranid incursion upon our cities was only the first step of the imperial march to glory and our ultimate, indisputible victory.

The bugs sent their waves of gaunts and inumerable monsters, but the uncanny resolve of our guardsmen and unshakable faith of the Sisters of Battle were more than a match for the xeno scum as our tanks obliterated even the mightiest Tyranid beasts. The sector was purged quickly and with minimal losses. The guard reinforce what we have taken as my Inquisitorial forces move to gain more ground. We have spotted both Eldar and Chaos forces in the nearby regions, and Recent reports of Orkish arrivals must be looked into, but I am confindant that soon this planet will belong once again, and forevermore to the Imperium.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:27 am

Oh, the fluff, the goggles do nothing! Razz

Cool write-ups guys, even if the fluff is being abused a touch, good job with adding some narrative to your campaign. Smile
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:38 pm

I'm not a fan of the book series, so all the fluff I know comes from whats in my codeces and what I hear people talking about. My 'army fluff' is just whatever I think is cool and fun while being as close as I know to what it should be.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:15 pm

"the foolish daemons reject our offer of cooperation, we will banish them to the fieriest pits of the warp" at, ease commander we will deal with the daemons in due time, our scouts report a large force of tyranids have been defeated by something called the butch brigade. they are retreating and in havoc i suggest we attack them while they are in such disarray, and wipe the tyranids from the face of this planet, very good then send our forces in to destroy the tyranid menace.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:44 pm

Hey jim, I was referring to Adam's (Canadin's) fluff, not yours. yours seems airtight. Its not a big deal, and not anything I would EVER tell someone off for, after all, its just a game, story is only part of the equation. Just something to note, is all. Again, AWESOME STORYTELLING! I hope to see lots of this when the league starts up, love the perspective of the player as to how they imagine the events in the background. Very Happy
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:08 pm

good to know, Paz.
Hey, while I got ya here, any ideas on how I can justify Inquisition working with Orks for our big 2v2 game comin up? *L*
Closest I got is that our mutual enemy is Eldar, and there's nothing the witch hunters hate more than a witch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:07 pm

The orks could be an experiment by a radical ordo xenos inquisitor. Implanting mind control devices mabye? As long as its someway plausible, and not "the inq. decided orks aren't that bad, and da orks decided dem hummies were just not that squishy after all, you should be good.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:44 am

Status report; Inquisitor Lord Whin Zacharius Roe

Our Psykers and tech priests have been working on a strategem that will, if successful, save this planet from the enroaching forces that threaten to overwhelm us. I have in the past been accused of radical behavior, and once word of my actions here get out, I have no doubt the opposition I receive from others in my order will increase.

Yet I have no choice. The Eldar forces are far greater than original reports had led me to believe. They outnumber us several times over, but I will not let this planet fall.

I will commit the Psi-controller to use in battle, and pray to the Emperor that it works.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:52 am

The story continues.
Spoiler:

Letter delivered to Autarch Fir'une.
"My fellow Eldar. I have returned. My soul has resurfaced from its long war with chaos, and I now reach out to you. This planet will be the source of many important events to come. Let me help you pacify it. I look forward to meeting you, and rejoining with my brethren. for the first time in many years"
-Eldrad Ulthran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:10 am

update cadian i lost to little hurcs deamons and beat bensutherlands chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:32 am

let it be known my nids are backing out of this campaign Razz
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Status report; Inquisitor Lord Whin Zacharius Roe

The battle goes well! The Eldar have been driven back, their lines crumbling. Though the psy-controller failed, I was able to use the Orks as a distraction for the Eldar whilst my forces drove into them from the flank. The ork losses were great, but they still remain a threat. Plans to deal with them have allready been put into motion.
The battle took a heavy toll on the Sisters, but those that remain are more than eager to avenge their fallen comrades in the name of the Emperor, and strike down our foes.

I also have reports that the Tyranid splinter fleets have been driven back. One less force to deal with. Victory is within my grasp. FOR THE EMPEROR!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:07 pm

Far seer's log

I knew something was wrong when I heard Eldrad Ulthran had made it planet side along with Yriel.... they had no reason to be here, and the real Eldrad would never arrive without at least a legion of Black Guardians.

But who was I to question Eldrad reborn as he was asking for aid on my doorstep?

However, betrayal is all I found in this impostor! He rushed headlong into a wall of Guardsmen, Inquisitors, Sisters of Battle, and Orcs. This could not have been The Eldrad Ulthran of Ulthwe. The slow and manipulative lord of craftworld Ulthwe. I do not know whose trickery this was, but it has cost me many Biker Warlocks, and Far Seer Angsar. Although we did manage to kill another Ork Warboss and of of the sister's commanders; the inquisitor and the Ork's Mek still live.

We have lost much this day, and I fear this planets inhabitants may be too far ahead. They very well may retake their planet.
But Orks and Imperials are not our concerns; the Tyranids are gone, and now we must defeat the chaos.
If all goes well, we shall defeat the agents of Slanesh and leave this planet to be fought over by Orks and Humans

End Log

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:45 pm

The Ork camp was literally buzzing with activity. The recent victory over the eldar forces had left much to keep the curious and greedy orks busy for much longer than their attention span would allow. Big Mek Gutwrench stood atop his favored creation, the battlewagon aptly named "da Avalanche" and surveyed the camp. His soot stained goggles zoomed in on the nobs playing darts with the strange eldar munitions that still dotted their thick green hides, the dread they used as a target, continued on oblivious, until a surprisingly well placed throw hit it's vision slit and the true game began.

Outside the camp a group of young orks could be seen picking their way through the battlefield, looting any left over eldar weapons and teeth, at almost predictable intervals a large beam of blue light would flash, followed by mad cackling and agonized screams; Gutwrench smiled to himself, he would look forward to turning the eldar weapons into true masterpieces for the young loota's.

The Big Mek jumped down from his metal behemoth and turned to go back to his tent and makeshift shop, he still had one deff dread to replace and before he could start his own experimenting; suddenly a loud bang resounded in his skull , that he immediately identified as one of his hand made slugga pistols, and it's owner the Blood Axe warboss Sneek Rippa. The large slug had fallen short of the Meks skull, stopped by the forcefield he carried with him at all times.
"Oi, mek git, me 'ead feels all strange like, you didn't poke round in der didja?"
The Mek cursed his luck, between the eldar and the humans he'd hoped the psychic meddling would have made that moronic bosses' head explode, unfortunately a long friendship with the famed kommando Snikrot had seen the idiot sneakily escaped from the field.

" Ain't me bozz, prolly dem pain gitz, 'eard dem laffin bout usin dat stink squig 'ead ache cure agin." Gutwrench claimed; as much as he hated that thick skull warboss, orks that got on his bad side had a habit of coming down with nasty cases Snikrot-stabsyoudead-itis.
"Dat so? I'z gonna 'ave a nice chat wif dem den. Youz get back and count me teef again, does humies seemed dumber den....somfing really dumb, prolly can't count good." Sneek Rippa grunted and walked off in the direction of the bleedin' tent.

Gutwrench stomped back into his own tent, scowling. Leave it to that great idiot to not even know how to count, it was his fault that during the negotiations he only asked for as many teeth as he had fingers and toes. Gutwrench flew into a green rage, kicking over the crude table holding the pitiful collection of teeth he'd been asked to count seventeen times. In his fury he turned to the hateful pair of eldar bikes he had managed to find intact lifting one of the sleek vehicles above his head, he bellowed a might Waagh and hurled it at it's partner. Still venting his anger he turned to reach for his favorite hammer, intent on crushing the unfathomable machines. He swung around yelling " Stupid gitz all of ya'z, can't even make a workin' bike or count your own teef bloody da..." he stopped mid curse and a smile ripped across his ugly face. The pair of bikes stood hovering spasmodically in the air, a sickly green light pulsing from the engines.

I've decided to add a unit of bikers to my army, and I'm going to theme them around this campaign and any armies that I get the chance to loot during it, having a victory over two eldar marks the start of my bikers, two eldar jet bikes, appropriately enhanced of course.
Freezingoon
Freezingoon
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next