Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~

+9
ScottRadom
Administratum
master of the deathwing
Veyure
evilsuns10
Cjihad
sewerstalker
smackman
Paz
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ Empty ~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~

Post  Paz Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:37 am

So I said I would do it, and I did!

UPDATE PAGE 3

ASTRAL CLAWS
~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ Untitled-1-1

2 squads of scouts done built, base coated, and soon to have color! I whipped up a test model in about 4 hours, to see how the colors work. I will prolly do back and re-work the tiger stripes to be a tad less overpowering. Thoughts?

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ P1020315

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ P1020316

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ P1020309~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ P1020312

Last edited by Paz on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ Empty Re: ~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~

Post  smackman Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:43 am

Those models are the best looking scouts I've seen, and I love the paint job on the guy, I don't find those stripes overpowering at all, looks good. Look foreward to seeing more from this project.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ Empty Re: ~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~

Post  sewerstalker Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:59 am

the paint scheme is good a whole squad of them will look pretty cool

Last edited by sewerstalker on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cjihad Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:47 am

I think they look great...

What if you were to paint the pants with stripes as well or if thats not what you're going for, what about having the pants just yellow?
Cjihad
Cjihad
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:15 am

sewerstalker wrote:the paint scheme is sick a whole squad of them will look sick, a whole battlefield of them will look sick
This!

I will prolly do back and re-work the tiger stripes to be a tad less overpowering.
I disagree, with the amount of depth on the rest of the model, it isn't visually distracting nor does it negatively impact the model. I think it looks good.

Vehicles on the other hand, might be a bit of a problem depending on the size of the strips.

Back to top Go down

Post  evilsuns10 Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:57 am

That looks really good keep doing whatever your doing
evilsuns10
evilsuns10
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:22 pm

awsome they are the chindits of 40k

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:05 pm

Yes Paz, the white border around the tiger stripes is a bit strong. a more pale colour not quite white would be better. It just seems off with the rest of the colour of the model being duller and the stripes so fresh-off-the-line style.

Good skill on them otherwise.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  master of the deathwing Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:58 pm

sewerstalker wrote:the paint scheme is sick a whole squad of them will look sick, a whole battlefield of them will look sick

They're sick!
master of the deathwing
master of the deathwing
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  evilsuns10 Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:24 pm

Lol it was 3 times hah rhett you got pwned..
evilsuns10
evilsuns10
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  master of the deathwing Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:00 pm

haha, yeah. i told you!
master of the deathwing
master of the deathwing
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Thanks guys for all the replies.

Tom= oh stop you Embarassed

Chris= I actually painted the pants in a desert camo at first, but decided i wanted something to contrast the scout armor (as the marines will be all yellow)

Ben= What at chindits? If that's some younger show reference, I am most definitely feeling old

Greg= agreed!

Evilsun and MotDW= thanks for the support guys, but do not chat on other people's threads.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:03 pm

Ben= What at chindits? If that's some younger show reference, I am most definitely feeling old

tsk tsk tsk ah pascal you truly underestimate me http://www.chindits.info/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:53 pm

The model looks amazing, but I agree with Greg; the white border on the stripes does make it seem a bit strong. Maybe using a off-white with a slight tint of the yellow?

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:32 pm

Yea, very nice. It never ceases to amaze me how you can throw yourself into a project. Its been 3 days since foodmachine, and you have done more than what i usually get done in a month.
I like the scheme allot. I have never seen anyone do a striped or camo pattern on marines that i liked, but your definately putting it off.
I agree with Gregs eye, toning down the white might improve the result. Im not sure if i would try for smaller stripes or not. I like the way this model turned out, but you could always experiment on the next one, something tells me that smaller might be better.
As Holy mentioned, im curious to see how you approach vehicles. That should be a worthy challenge.
Oh, last think. I thing the pants look good as is. I would be a little more worried about the stripes being overwhelming on fully armored marines though.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:30 am

Well, I went back and re-did the stripes. A lot of ppl over different forums suggested less outlining of white, smaller stripes, or just lighter stripes, so I went for all, and am really pleased how this came out. I think I'm ready to start mass producing these mofo's!

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ P1020317

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ P1020319

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ P1020320

BLAM!

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ P1020321
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:56 am

Very nice! The subdued outlining on the stripes, and the fact that they're smaller makes the model look much better, even though it looked great to begin with. The stripes don't overpower the model so it's all you would see, which would have been a shame with all the other detail work and great painting on it.

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:22 am

What are you using for the bases?
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:29 am

Yep, you took a really nice paint job, and improved it.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:30 am

Cushak= thanks!

Cam= word sir! I'm glad it worked, I'm really pleased actually. The worst thing when starting a new army, is for the color scheme in your head to fail ya. Sad

Scott= Microart studios resins. Darren ordered in a hunk of them for me.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:08 am

Paz wrote:Microart studios resins. Darren ordered in a hunk of them for me.
TBH I thought it was cork, because it ends up looking about the same (and cork is loads cheaper) Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 am

Holycause= well it would be, if the top of the bases were plain. If you look closely, they are a temple base, with gothic script and pattern inlay. Very detailed, and awesome sauce, worth every penny.

This is what they look like painted by the company (medium bases, they come, and I have them, in 3 sizes)

http://www.fantasyshop.gr/gallery/bases_temple_r40_thumb.jpg

Last edited by Paz on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Ah, well, there's my problem - I didn't look closely. Now that I see, when those are painted, they are going to be very nice.

How much were the bases? I could look at online prices but I'm wondering how much the Den charges for such things.

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:00 pm

Im suprised that Darren ordered them in for you. In the past he has been a little reluctant to do special orders. Good deal.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:11 pm

LexMechanic wrote:Im suprised that Darren ordered them in for you. In the past he has been a little reluctant to do special orders. Good deal.
Really? He did some Vallejo paints for me with no questions asked.

Granted I did order Terracotta, which GW no longer makes - he said it would make a suitable replacement for the Citadel equivalent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next