Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~The hounds of Huron, 1500 points Astral Claws list~

+2
Terran
Paz
6 posters

Go down

~The hounds of Huron, 1500 points Astral Claws list~ Empty ~The hounds of Huron, 1500 points Astral Claws list~

Post  Paz Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:54 pm

So I love the astral claws. There, I admitted it, are you happy? For serious though, Before they got all renegade-y, the astral claws were the bomb. And seeing as the Badab war happened in M41, I'm surprised at the lack of an astral claws army out there. So I will make one! My iron wolves are dangerously heretical already, so this force will work in tandem with my heavily armored ad-mech wolves. The scouts will have elysian drop droop helms, and the marines will be True-scale.

I wrote this list more for fluff, I don't know how good it could be, so I abase myself to the community, whaddayathink?

Lord Hiawatha (Pedro Kantor)

Scout squad A
5 scouts
cc weapons
power weapon

W/ Land Speeder Storm
multi-melta

Scout squad B--90
5 scouts
cc weapons
power weapon

W/Land Speeder Storm
multi-melta

Sniper squad A--75
5 snipers

Sniper squad B
5 snipers

Sternguard Squad A--320
10 marines
powerfist
Drop Pod
locator beacon

Sternguard Squad B--310
10 marines
powerfist
drop pod
locator beacon

Vanguard Squad--235
5 marines
Jump packs
lightning claws (sargeant)
thunder hammer (one marine)
Storm shield (one marine)

Almost every single unit, except for the vanguard, are scoring (thanks to Kantor). The scouts are quick, good in cc, and are backed up against vehicles with the storm's MM's. The pods hit hard, and massed fire, plus a fist in each, should ensure some death. The vanguard are a kinda afterthought, fluff, each will be a character, with lightning to kill infantry, the hammer to kill beasts and such, and a storm shield on one, to soak up some power or MC hits. Plus, with a locator beacon on each pod, you're looking at getting that heroic intervention to actually hit!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

~The hounds of Huron, 1500 points Astral Claws list~ Empty Re: ~The hounds of Huron, 1500 points Astral Claws list~

Post  Guest Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:24 pm

i like the idea of doing an astral claws army it will be hard to pull off but if anyone can do it it is you pascal .

Back to top Go down

~The hounds of Huron, 1500 points Astral Claws list~ Empty Re: ~The hounds of Huron, 1500 points Astral Claws list~

Post  Guest Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:24 pm

sorry double post

Last edited by bensutherland333 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:26 pm

No wonder you wanted to win those scouts so bad at the tournament.

Otherwise, looks like a neat list. Seeing as how I don't play Space Marines, there is not exactly a ton of nit-picking I can do. As someone who plays against Space Marines, I like the lack of Land Raider and hate the dual Land Speeder's. But that is just me. Damn Speeders always roast my damn Space Elves...

With regards to the true-scaling and what-not, I can't wait to see what I expect will be unbelievably good results.
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Looks like alot of fun... and definitely a unique list.

To contribute to your process, Id love to give you that extra pack of Elysian heads I got when our order doubled..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:44 pm

Ben= thanks brah, I will attempt to do you proud!

Reagan= Word. Yeah, I do love the scouts.

Robyn= and I would be glad to accept them! Smile

So far I have the 2 ccw scout squads built, next, ill be picking up some LS storms!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:18 am

I'm excited for you paz. I really hope this grand idea comes to fruition much sooner than the few others you've suggested... Wink

Let me know if i can help. My talents at negative motivation are at your disposal.

I'm bad for not finishing my ideas too. like that dinosaur list i proposed last year. one day... scratch
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:28 am

Lol, agreed Greg. But I have my computer all fixed now, so I can finally upload pics, so you guys can jeer me on. Also, i have the 2 main squads of Scouts built and base coated, with one wash. Dana has inspired me that bright colored marines are sweet, so I have a simple, yet effective color scheme all ready to go!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:03 am

I like it but i might make a couple suggestions.
First, as mr Gluvzer pointed out to me recently, the storm only has BS3, so a heavy flamer is amuch better choice on them. But what about anti tank you say? Well i think i saw Mike V use the scout melta rush first. What you do is you take the 5 man scout squad but leave it naked, except for a melta bomb on the vet searg. Ryan has also used this to good effect. If you get first turn you can get that squad almost anywhere on the table. You hop out, assault, and because your opponent has not moved get an auto hit on whatever vehicle you choose. You could also add a combi-melta to the searg if you wanted.

I also saw Ryan take a scout squad in the storm with a power fist, and then flank with them. Good for taking out those long fangs, reapers, etc... well in theory at least Smile

Even as is though it looks really cool.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:09 pm

You could make the 4 scout squads into 2 and combat squad them...saves you 20 points or something I think...are you going to do anything with bikes. Theres a Hounds of Huron datasheet for apoc that uses a bunch of bikes, or is the title of your post just coincidence
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:53 pm

Cam= lotsa ppl have suggested the fist in scouts, but its just too crazy for me. I've seen what 4 power weapon attacks can do for half the cost of a marine, too cool to pass up. The heavy flamer sounds good, but For assualty units I don't usually like to run them on the transport (denied that all important assault too many times). BS 3 may sound bad, but I've hit innumerable times with my soul grinder's tongue, the low BS-fu is with me Very Happy

Matt= Yeah I know about the apoc unit. But I just don't like SM bikes that much, never described to my satisfaction in fluff before. Scout bikes make sense, but I've heard they just aren't worth it. Suspect
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down