Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planetstrike

+2
Paz
System Commander
6 posters

Go down

Planetstrike Empty Planetstrike

Post  System Commander Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:24 am

I played my first game of Planetstrike this past weekend and it was awesome.

I had a longer message typed up, but the stupid site logged me out and I lost it.

If I get a chance later today, I'll type it up again. If anyone wants to try a game out sometime, just let me know. You have to plan to play a game ahead of time though, as the force organizations are a bit different from the norm. I got to play with 16 terminators, which was alot of fun.

So if you have the book but haven't tried it out, give er a go! There is lots of terrain at the den that can be used for bastions, so you dont even need to pick any of the extra terrain up.

If you want to know more about it, just reply here and I'll fill in some of the rules.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Planetstrike Empty Re: Planetstrike

Post  Paz Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:37 am

I'd be interested it trying it some time robin. I noticed that daemons have no special mission rule thing, and some people (rules lawyers) on the net are saying RAW daemons do not benefit from the deepstrike and assault rule because it it an army special rule, not an individual squad ds rule, which the book apparantly states you need to access it. Pah I say!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:37 am

That seems pretty dumb to me. Daemonhunters can be contrued the same. All Grey Knights can deep strike if they want, so you could conceivably have a full Deep Striking Grey Knight army..

I would definitely agree that Daemons should benefit as if they all had deep strike, it only makes sense. If they get it.. then the game proceeds as normal.. big deal. Only difference being that all units in the army get it. If they dont get it, then nothing has deep strike and you end up with a big disadvantage.. big! It really doesnt make any sense to not grant it to them..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:23 am

if it were anyone else besides pascal i would agree, but sense its pascal asking i would incline to say no and you have to deploy on the table edge. Very Happy

just jokes, that would make no sense if the army that specializes in deep striking would some how just suck at it if they tried to attack a base/planet.

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:10 pm

Hmm, good point John. Until the point that someone else start playing Daemons, then No, Daemons can't utilize the "Scramble" rules allowing units with Deep strike to assault the turn they deep strike in.

When someone else other than Pascal starts using Daemons, we'll abolish this rule.

Unfortunately, I think Paz switched over to Space marines already for the league.. but maybe he'll bring them back in the future!

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:32 pm

I definetly would like to try some planet strike games, in particular some apocalyptic planet strike games Twisted Evil
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  littlehurc Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:39 pm

next league I'll be bringing back the daemons now that I have some other units to back up my nurgles.
littlehurc
littlehurc
Crusader

http://www.metaldesignz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:11 pm

Who here has purchased the Planetstrike book? Secondly, has anyone picked up some Planetstrike terrain? I ordered the Imperial Strongpointfrom GW since Darren got shorted 4.. this is the two bastion, 3 defence box set for $105.

I'm just trying to guage who I can hassle to play some more Planetstrike games. As I mentioned before, I found the games alot of fun.. and even through I lost the game the game as the attacker.. I'd love to try it out as the defender.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:14 pm

I have a planetstrike book.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:24 am

Well, it appears GW wanted me to look like a fool. After my claim yesterday my shipment was derailed, it was all waiting for me when I got home.

Alrighty, now to construct some nice Khorne laced Bastions.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:39 am

I have the planet strike book and I'll be picking up some bastions and other terrain soon.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum