Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1750 Orks

3 posters

Go down

1750 Orks Empty 1750 Orks

Post  Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:13 pm

I'm presently waiting for a few kommandos and another ten boyz to come in stock at the Den, but they have been included in the list anyway. I think my math is correct, I've gone over it a few times and it seems sound at last. Questions, comments and concerns are welcome. This is my first attempt at making a decently well rounded army, and so far I think I've achieved that. Here it is:

HQ:
Warboss
-power klaw
-twin-linked shoota
-cybork body
-attack squig
120 pts

Big Mek
-shokk attack gun
-cybork body
105 pts

Troops:
Gretchin x20
+runtherd x2
-grot prod x1
85 pts

Shoota Boyz x20
-rokkit launcha x1
130 pts

Slugga Boyz x20
-big shoota x1
125 pts

Slugga Boyz x20
-big shoota x1
125 pts

Elites:
Nobz x8
-power klaw x2
+painboy
-grot orderly
265 pts

Lootas x8
+mek x2
-rokkit launcha x1
155 pts

Kommandos x10
-burna x3
-big shoota x2
+Boss Snikrot
240 pts

Dedicated Transport Vehicles:
Trukk
-wreckin' ball
-boarding plank
-reinforced ram
55 pts

Fast Attack:
Warbikers x3
-nob
85 pts

Deffkoptas x3
-twink-linked rokkit launcha x3
135 pts

Heavy Support:
Looted Wagon
-boomgun
-'ard case
-big shoota x2
125 pts

Total: 1750

Back to top Go down

1750 Orks Empty Re: 1750 Orks

Post  System Commander Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:30 pm

I think its a great list. The reason, you've got a great spread of different units and I think you'll always have fun playing it.

The highly competitve, really strong Ork lists out there usually have a focus of some sort.. lots of Nob Bikers, all boyz on foot or all War Wagons for example. I think by splitting it up like this, you keep it strong and competitive, but get to have a bit of afun oat the same time.. which is the best thing about the Orks!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Anderson Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:00 pm

Yeah, I totally agree with Rob. First thing I thought of when I saw this was 'wow, that's a lot of orks', the second is 'wow, that looks really fun to play against'.

A good mix of everything, very nice.
Mr Anderson
Mr Anderson
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:40 am

I like the list also, but you really need a kustom forcefield on your big mek. It's too good not to take. Also, your boyz mobs can each take a second heavy weapon which you should really consider. They are relatively cheap, and orcs rely on volume shooting to produce results.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:39 am

I was intrigued by the kustom force field, but I found the allure of the shokk attack gun to be too great for me to handle. I have yet to use it in a battle, but I'm hoping it's as fun as I think it will be. As for the second big gun for the boyz squads, I can only think of one instance where I could safely free up 5 points, which would buy me a single big shoota. I may end up doing it simply because more dakka is, well, more dakka. Other than that and a few other possibilities (which would require some doctoring at this point), I think there are just not enough points to go around to fully equip da boyz to their fullest.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down