Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pets - Does anyone else have these problems

+2
System Commander
gluvzer
6 posters

Go down

Pets - Does anyone else have these problems Empty Pets - Does anyone else have these problems

Post  gluvzer Fri May 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Some of you have met Peanut, one of my wife's two cats. She's very friendly, and on any game or paint night I have at my place, she's there to bug you for attention. And some of you know she used to steal Fire warriors from my painting table or shelf and hide them around the house. Which was AWSOME! When we moved approx. 8 mos ago I found five painted Fire warriors during clean up after everything had been moved.

New problem: Some of you have also met Indiana my over excited 2 year old golden retriever (Named after Indiana Jones - before Crystal Skull came out). Since the Guard codex has come out I've been pretty excited about doing up a new army, I have my old Tallarn one still...but hey. Most nights after the twins go to bed I bring out a TV tray with my paints and assembling stuff and start painting and modeling. Last night I go to the kitchen to get a drink and as I'm pouring it I hear coming from the living room "CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH" and I immediately know whats going on. Indiana has stolen something from my painting tray. I run into the room - Indiana sees me and makes a break for it - Diving, I catch her around her back hips - then, knowing she's in trouble, she spits out a freshly painted grenadier veteran guardsman painstakingly converted out of space marine scout and cadian pieces. This fig is now in three pieces (head, torso, legs) and COVERED in slobber. Paint has been scraped off by teeth and the legs are breaking off at the point where they meet the boots. I spend the rest of the evening repairing the fig and fixing his paint job (after cleaning the slobber off). All that for a fig thats worth 11 pts? game wise. Thanks Dog!

Do any of you guys have to put up with this sort of =I=censor=I= as well?

Last edited by gluvzer on Fri May 29, 2009 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Pets - Does anyone else have these problems Empty Re: Pets - Does anyone else have these problems

Post  System Commander Fri May 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Hehe... thats awesome. I've been prett ylucky with the new cat. I was putting everything away after I was done with it, but have slowly been leaving stuff out. Right now, I've got about 150 mini's out on the table in the basement, and she hasn't touch anyt of them.. however.. she loves paint brushes. She likes picking them up, slapping them around, and carrying them around the house., It hasn't me anything .. yet, not even close to a fully painted and converted model.. so I definitely sympathize with you.

The only real damage anything has taken was I think Susan stepped on a Berserker once that was on the ground..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Pets - Does anyone else have these problems Empty Re: Pets - Does anyone else have these problems

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Fri May 29, 2009 3:18 pm

I always put mystuff in the paint box and closed it Wink
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Fri May 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Robyn, you may have to get Susan fixed.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Fri May 29, 2009 6:12 pm

Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Fri May 29, 2009 7:32 pm

All animals are horrible. Animals are meant to be eaten and not adored in any fashion. I have enough work keeping all the humans in my life from shitting in my shoes, stealing my figs and money let alone bringing some dumb ass animal home.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Sat May 30, 2009 11:37 am

Cant say i have this issue either. My cat doesn't go anywhere near my figs, brushes, paints etc.
In fact, its a rare day when I see the cat up on top of any counter top or table. Cats will be cats, I know, and I know she goes up there when I'm not around or if I happen to leave unguarded food, but for the most part she is good.

When I was younger I had a little dog that kept stealing my toys to chew on them, she would snag one and run off and hide under the couch and all you would hear is "munch munch" lol... My parents said it was because she was still teething or something and needed to chew. Right now, short of actually disciplining the animal, all I can suggest is not to leave anything out for it to get a hold of... And while its out, even if you are just going to change your paint water, keep an eye on the mini's etc to make sure the animal doesn't grab them.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum