Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

malcador heavy tank

4 posters

Go down

malcador heavy tank Empty malcador heavy tank

Post  Administratum Tue May 05, 2009 9:38 pm

I saw it on forgeworld, and was wondering if anyone had the rules for it. If so what book are they in? I noticed that it was called a heavy tank, rather than a super heavy.. does that mean it will fit into a normal force organization table?

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

malcador heavy tank Empty Re: malcador heavy tank

Post  Veyure Tue May 05, 2009 11:27 pm

I think it is on par in size with the mecharius. Just uglier.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed May 06, 2009 12:13 am

LexMechanic wrote:I saw it on forgeworld, and was wondering if anyone had the rules for it. If so what book are they in? I noticed that it was called a heavy tank, rather than a super heavy.. does that mean it will fit into a normal force organization table?

Both are in IMperial armour apocalypse (The brown hard cover)

They are both super heavy tanks with 2 structure points but the malcodor only has 13 armour (Macarius has 14) The Malcador is just an over costed outdated Leman Russ. Asside from the second point of structure, a Leman russ is better armed and armoured and costs less.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed May 06, 2009 10:51 am

But it looks so cool. I guess if its in the apoc book it will not be usable in standard 40k games.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed May 06, 2009 11:30 am

LexMechanic wrote:But it looks so cool. I guess if its in the apoc book it will not be usable in standard 40k games.

I wouldnt care, I dont think anyone else would either considering it is as much as a land raider but does less than a russ. You could use it as a leman Russ Wink (it is an 'ancient' predacesor to the russ after all)
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed May 06, 2009 2:08 pm

Actually, it says in the forge world apoc book that you can take such a vehicle in regular games, as long as you inform your opponent so they can plan a way to combat it. It goes on to say that FW actually overcosts its models so ppl won't be inclined to use cheap overpowered units in game, giving FW the stigma of 'cheaty beardy models'. The Malc is perfect for traitor guard, being outdated and WW1-ish, its old tech but still works (I want one too). The malcador is listed as a 1-3 war machine detachment in an IG army.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down