Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vehicle Damage, Space Marines, Orks

2 posters

Go down

Vehicle Damage, Space Marines, Orks Empty Vehicle Damage, Space Marines, Orks

Post  smackman Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:06 am

Seems like a dumb question to me but my roomate wants some clarification. On a Glancing hit you roll for damage and then -2 and then +1 for AP1 weaponry, his argument is that if he rolls a 2 and the chart stops at 1 then 2 - 2 = 1 and +1 = 2, stunned. My belief is that the wording in the rule book is "on a 1 or less" count as shaken. so 2 - 2 + 1 = 1, which is shaken. And if he rolled a 1 then 1 -2 + 1 = 0 which is 1 or less, so shaken again...

Now for a serious rules question, can a space marine librarian teleport (blink or whatever it's called) use homing beacons? because apprently (I don't have the codex) they arrive via deepstrike, and homing beacons stop deepstrikes from scattering, so could the librarian safely teleport his squad to homing beacons?

Third question, for Orks, Ghazkull's waaaagh replaces the normal waaagh so the orks still only get one waaagh if they have ghaz? or do they get 2? (mostly wishful thinking) If it's only one then my appologies to Robyn, I've always thought they get 2 but someone recently told me they still only get 1 they just use ghaz's because it's better.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Vehicle Damage, Space Marines, Orks Empty Re: Vehicle Damage, Space Marines, Orks

Post  System Commander Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:16 pm

No worrie son the apology to me, it's would pf been a minor thing in our game. I'd need to check out the wording, but I'm assuming it would say something like "When using the Waaagh, Ghazkull does this" or "Ghazkull gives you an extra waggh"... if it doesn't have any exceptions, then you do only get the one per game, but with the extrea bonus fro Ghazkull. I'm pretty sure you only get the one though.. I seem to remember the only way to get extra Waggh would be wierdboyz.

For the shaken/stunned question.. you should add all the bonuses first, then apply it to the result. So, -2 for glancing then +1 for ap 1 means take -1 off the dice to get 1. Your just adding numbers so the whole can't go lower then 1 doesn't apply here at all.

If the psychic power says to use the deep strike rules or works just like deep strike, I cant see why you wouldnt be allowed to use homing beacons. Unless there's something specifically making a note you can't, I dont see a problem with it.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down