Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airbrush tips.

3 posters

Go down

Airbrush tips. Empty Airbrush tips.

Post  ice Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:45 am

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone in the group had experience with airbrushes. I'd love to use one on some tanks and it would be so much faster!
ice
ice
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Airbrush tips. Empty Re: Airbrush tips.

Post  System Commander Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:50 am

I have an airbrush and experience with it. What do you ned to know about it?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:08 am

Airbrush is great on tanks!
Keep in mind this will give your tanks a different look to the rest of your army since you essentialy use a different painting style.

Tip #1 keep the surface as clean as possible. Use a light layer of primer, but have every spot of the model completly covered in primer. Also avoild any brushed on paint, excess glue etc since the texture will come through your airbrush paint job.

tip #2 Use colours which will blend together nicely. You will basically be layering colours on top of the other. I havent had any success with inking or drybrushing and using an airbrush.

tip#3 Feel free to experiment a little. Since you dont put nearly as much paint on the model feel free to try some things out. I find the bottom of the tanks are great for this.

tip#4 make sure your paint is completely dissolved, or else you will get chuncks spraying out. You can paint with a very dilute mixture, but you will spend alot of time waiting for it to dry (so it doesnt start to run).

tip#5 Use a pure diluter such as deionized water, or rubbing alcohol or else you will get hard water marks on your model.

tip#6 Be sure to use a sealer on your model after you are done since the paint layer will be very thin and can rub off easily.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ice Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:12 am

More then likely Robyn just some general tips. consistency of paint, type of undercoat, that sort of fun stuff. I was thinking of picking up the forgeworld masterclass book. It has some really good tips on painting with an airbrush. I just wanted to get some firsthand know how before dropping $80 on a book.
ice
ice
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down