Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

small game format

5 posters

Go down

small game format Empty small game format

Post  Roland Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:39 am

I don't know about anyone else but I've found myself gravataing to smaller quicker games lately. Xwing and Battle Tech Alpha Strike can be finished in an hour or less, and have a considerably smaller footprint. (4x4 max).
I REALLY enjoyed the first half of the league, where it was kill team and very combat patrol is.
So if we were to have a combat patrol or kill team subleague who's in?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

small game format Empty Re: small game format

Post  System Commander Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:33 pm

Its been a struggle lately to get ramped for a game. If youre playing a 1750 ish list.. you know your in for a 3 hour fame in terms of packing, unpacking, pregame, etc. I thought our game last weekend moved pretty fast between me and Ian.. and it still went over 3 hours after getting the random turns added on. 

Ive been heavily leaning towards those fast, quick.. ready to.roll type of games. Guild ball looks apealling for that reason as well. You get a bit of hobbying painting up 5-6 dudes.. quick games and the rules are supposed to be solid.

And hey.. if someone would like to run the league next time as a smaller point or something.. Id love to hand over the reigns for a bit!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:08 pm

The game nights I was hosting during the 750 pt value were a blast. 3 games in 3 hours. It's just a matter of finding the proper format for combat patrol (I think what we were running was fine for it)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:13 pm

Roland wrote:The game nights I was hosting during the 750 pt value were a blast. 3 games in 3 hours. It's just a matter of finding the proper format for combat patrol (I think what we were running was fine for it)

I love the 750-1250 point games these days. Makes everything you do just that much more important. Given an open league there's nothing from preventing a person from playing exclusively in that limit but I also wouldn't be opposed to maximum points limits league rules that carry into playoffs.

Also, can confirm, guild ball is awesome. You can play for free (downloadable rules, cards, and paper dolls) so I recommend giving it a skim.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Infinity is also great for short games!!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:32 pm

I have one of those armies as well !
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Clockwork2k2 Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:22 pm

I'm in for the small game format! I liked the 1250 level but 750 and 1000 were great too!

Sam
Clockwork2k2
Clockwork2k2
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down