Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bran redmaw!

+3
dusktiger
Paz
the bushels
7 posters

Go down

Bran redmaw! Empty Bran redmaw!

Post  the bushels Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:09 pm

So this is going to be making an appearance in my army as soon as I can model him up. Get ready for some werewolf beatdowns!

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/01/40k-new-space-wolves-bran-redmaw-rules.html

the bushels
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Bran redmaw! Empty Re: Bran redmaw!

Post  Paz Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:25 pm

Not bad for a werewolf!

What model are ya gunna use for his redmaw form?
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  the bushels Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:31 pm

That's what's giving me trouble. I am debating on whether I should try my hand at extensive green stuff application to some spare wolf bits or bite the bullet and get one of the warmahordes werewolf dudes.

the bushels
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:10 pm

ugh, warmahordes werewolves? So cartoony and terrible. I would suggest perhaps the skinwolves from FW fantasy, or sticking a wolf head on the dark eldar big furry spined thing.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  the bushels Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:23 pm

Ooooo! I like that idea bud. I will have to do some more shopping around and see what I can come up with.

the bushels
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:41 am

using one of those werewolf things from infinity from the ariadna faction might be good too.  you can even add the odd bit of space wolf bits to it to make him look like he changed and ripped apart his armour in the process.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:05 am

dusktiger wrote:using one of those werewolf things from infinity from the ariadna faction might be good too.  you can even add the odd bit of space wolf bits to it to make him look like he changed and ripped apart his armour in the process.

Aren't the infinity guy's tru-scale? Like properly sized hands and heads, as compared to 40k dubers?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:38 am

his rules are actually.. fairly Beastly Smile

ws7 st6 t6 I6 FNP, A5 Eternal warrior, Fleet, furious charge, counter attack 2+/5++ rending? drops his sword but keeps his relic armour.

hes basically a monstrous creature with grenades.

Just dont get picked off by a lascannon before you change and get EW. haha

PS: does counter attack trigger furious charge?

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:55 am

Lore Weaver wrote:
dusktiger wrote:using one of those werewolf things from infinity from the ariadna faction might be good too.  you can even add the odd bit of space wolf bits to it to make him look like he changed and ripped apart his armour in the process.

Aren't the infinity guy's tru-scale?  Like properly sized hands and heads, as compared to 40k dubers?

They are more heroic 28mm since they switched to computer sculpting sometime in 2015. It is actually one of my complaints lately. The original range had some really cool models that were true scale. Now the models are much more hit and miss since they are "heroic" scale and some of them look goofy. Also posing is a bit of a problem (tactical rocks and fists everywhere!).
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:11 am

Aegwymourn wrote:
Lore Weaver wrote:

Aren't the infinity guy's tru-scale?  Like properly sized hands and heads, as compared to 40k dubers?

They are more heroic 28mm since they switched to computer sculpting sometime in 2015. It is actually one of my complaints lately. The original range had some really cool models that were true scale. Now the models are much more hit and miss since they are "heroic" scale and some of them look goofy. Also posing is a bit of a problem (tactical rocks and fists everywhere!).

How dare you. There hasn't been a single bad model since they switched the scale and started digital sculpting. No slandering of the Corvus Belli. NONE.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:38 am

for an idea on scale, that dude in the middle that looks like he's dual wielding hand flamers is about the size and bulk of a guardsman model. overall the same size, but more true-scale.  the big wolf man behind him is a Devil dog.  He's a good baseline for a Redmaw i think.  but since The Redmaw doesn't have a BS, might have to pick an alternate devil dog model or carefully clip the gun away and remodel him grasping something else.

Bran redmaw! 280007-0540_3

like maybe one of these Antipodes:
Bran redmaw! 280168-0481_1_800Bran redmaw! 280168-0481_3 

i'm kinda partial to the one on the left with the scars over his eyes.  But ideally, i'd say the BIG one in the ASAriadna army box set would probably be ideal for a baseline model to convert; he seems bigger than these antipodes as well (he's got one standing beside him in that picture i think), and these are actually a pretty good size in person.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:41 am

GingerBalls wrote:How dare you. There hasn't been a single bad model since they switched the scale and started digital sculpting. No slandering of the Corvus Belli. NONE.

Technically this is libel. To be fair the new stuff is still amazing. I just think they have to get back in the swing of things a bit. I certainly liked some of their older stuff.

For example I really like the old Achilles model. The new one not so much. The old one had so much more flavor. Now he's generic sci-fi dude holding a head from one of the planet of the apes monkeys.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:37 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:
GingerBalls wrote:How dare you. There hasn't been a single bad model since they switched the scale and started digital sculpting. No slandering of the Corvus Belli. NONE.

For example I really like the old Achilles model. The new one not so much. The old one had so much more flavor. Now he's generic sci-fi dude holding a head from one of the planet of the apes monkeys.

Truth. I'll still be using the old Achilles model more often than not.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:03 am

Counter Attack does not trigger Furious Charge.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum