Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons and Flagons and or Games room

5 posters

Go down

Dungeons and Flagons and or Games room Empty Dungeons and Flagons and or Games room

Post  Matthew G Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:48 am

So.... Does anyone know anything about this place and it's plans besides its limited webpage?

Would this place be able to accodate a bunch of people going there to play Warhammer (ie 6x4 tables)?
I can't help but be interested in this place, though I am not a drinker - so I won't be one of the people to fund them from an abundance of alcoholic beverages....

Reason I ask, is basically a continuance from the Upcomming Events forum posts about League Night set days... Since Dragons Den only has so much room, and we have a vast number of secretive 40k players, 4-6 tables of games could get crowded there (as it once was years ago) if/when things finally pick up.

On another subject...
Do you think Saskatoon has a large enough population to be able to sustain a dedicated "games room" type place similar esque to Warhammer World... Well... I dont know much about Warhammer world, but My thought was have a place that could have 15-30 tables with modular terrian that could maybe charge players a small fee to come in and play games on those tables... be it Magic, Pokemon, 40k, fantasy (Age of Sorry, erm, Sigmar), Warmachine, Flames of War, <the list goes on>.... Obviously, the catch with this is that the place would need to make money to stay open, and wouldn't want to hugely step on Darrens Toes, But the question of not enough space is getting raised more and more it seems lately.

What do you guys think? Lets talk!

Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Flagons and or Games room Empty Re: Dungeons and Flagons and or Games room

Post  System Commander Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Dungeons and Flagons is having some PR issues lately.. trying to sever ties with a dude whos carrying a bad repuation for business ventures, and got into an pretty nasty online discussion regarding a female vendor at the Blitzcon.

Its starting out rough for them.. they had to cancel their crowdfunding thing.. dont have a location yet.. lots of funny things like that.

Hey.. i hope they pull it off.. i love beer .. i love games.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Flagons and or Games room Empty Re: Dungeons and Flagons and or Games room

Post  Deadlytoaster Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:26 pm

Well the issue of space is going to be a real one if things do get going with a regular games night. If only there was a place within walking distance from the Den that we could rent once a week for the evening or something. That way we could still all meet at the Den then migrate people over to the other location once space at the Den runs out.... hmmm like i wonder if one of the local schools would let us rent their gym or something XD
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:10 pm

Or an empty old Blockbuster...
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:57 am

Planes wrote:Or an empty old Blockbuster...

Damn theres an idea hey?
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:11 am

its a pity that manestreet and not that chinese market next to the den was the one to move out; otherwise they could have bought that space and knocked out the wall the increase the store space.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down