Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Everyone

3 posters

Go down

Hello Everyone Empty Hello Everyone

Post  SirWrath Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:40 pm

My name is Jason and I have been a huuuuuuuge 40K fan since I discovered the Dawn of War games when I was about 12. I'm 21 almost 22 now so thats 9 years of staring at 40K miniatures and I now finally have the means to obtain them…as long as the girlfriend lets me. When I learned about Dragons Den thanks to a coworker I was far to excited about being able to get miniatures from an actual store that isn't 6 hours like Edmonton or on the GW site. If the 2 guys who were in the store while I was there a few saturdays ago helping me through my complete indecisiveness I thank you for helping me choose Chaos, and convincing me to walk out with some chaos space marines and both the Chaos Space Marine and Daemons Codex's. I don't currently have a whole army but I will be working to get there ASAP. I am definitely going to be playing Chaos more than anything else, despite liking pretty much every army besides Orks(nothing against them besides the fact that uniformity is a must or I get a little OCD and freak out about it), and its pretty much a guarantee that it will be Khornate all the way. Any help in the matter would be much appreciated.

SirWrath
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Post  Planes Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Welcome to the forum! I also play Chaos, mostly with the Space Marines more so than the Daemons, but that may change if I ever sit down to build and paint the daemon half. I also play Necrons for all the undead space robot zombie goodness they bring to the table. I'm also a big fan of converting, so if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  SirWrath Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:41 pm

Thank you! I'm not sure which I would play more as but I do love both of them and just can't get over how awesome the Khorne daemons look. I love seeing conversions and am already making plans to do some converting myself once I get a little more into the hobby. If I have questions I will definitely take you up on that offer.

SirWrath
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:08 pm

It is worth noting with the existence of the ally system you can run both pretty easily (so CSM with Daemon allies, or Daemons with CSM allies, for example), and the unbound army type (new to 7th Ed) lets you run just about anything you happen to have in your collection, provided you have enough points. Be mindful, though, that unbound lists looses some rules like Objective Secured if you do such.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:42 pm

If you're interested in khorne, check out my sale on barter town, got a whole shwack of converted khorne daemons, unpainted for sale!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  SirWrath Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Yeah…somehow in my excitement I completely forgot about a rulebook, guess I'll be getting one of those at the end of the month as well.

SirWrath
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:15 pm

I would highly recommend getting the Dark Vengance box for the small soft cover book, and you even get more Chaos with it!
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum