Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Astro's New Detachments

4 posters

Go down

Astro's New Detachments Empty Astro's New Detachments

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:39 am

Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Astro's New Detachments Empty Re: Astro's New Detachments

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:47 am

Interesting. Good to keep things stable and less abusive. The only thing I don't particularly like is that it gives Imperial armies more options because of how allies work out (which is already skewed in that direction just with the base allies matrix).

Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:23 pm

They also cleaned up composition a bit. The big one is making elites the same as FA and HS (before it was -1 for 2 elites).
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:16 pm

And they took away the -'s for duplicate and triplicate choices. My AV13 list just got a big buff! (Although would still be heavily - due to the number of dedicated transports)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Yea Mike M. had a good post about it I just read.

Going to have to play test extensively for next Winnipeg astro!  Razz 
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:13 pm

http://astronomi-con.com/

astro wrote:As part of the changes brought by the new edition of the game, we have seen fit to revise the tournament format as follows:

Scenarios will once again feature a Primary and Secondary Objective format. With a Win-Draw-Loss component based on the Primary Objective, awarding 9-5-1 Victory Points respectively. Secondary Objectives will be unique for each scenario and award up to 6 VP for each scenario. So, players can score between 1-15 Battle Points for each scenario they play.

MR_Astro_Logo_50pct

We have updated the way Warlord Traits are handled, lifting previously banned Warlord Traits.

Warlord Traits that provide a Victory Points bonus will be allowed, and any Victory Points gained by these Warlord Traits will be combined with other Secondary Objectives. In these situations players can only ever score up to the scenario’s maximum allowance for Secondary Objectives.

So a win a is a mutherfucking win again.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Yea I had seen that earlier today. Will be interesting to see if/how they modify the missions. Although I'm not sure about the whole "you can take things that score VPs". You take a CC monster like abby/draigo and just got to town murdering characters means you always score that 6 secondary VP.

Although I already plan on going to the next one in Winnipeg so w/e  Razz 
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Abby has his own warlord trait, so he couldn't load up. Draigo could until you get a new Dex i guess. but then you lose Strategic genius or one of the other awesome traits. honestly it probably balances a few guys out who got to choose their traits instead of taking the + VPs one. i'de rather try to get VP's by taking table quarters or whatever the other Secondaries are than try to hunt down seargeants and make them duel me Smile
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:24 pm

So who would work there? Belial has the hunt, but from experience he's not an ideal character hunter (although I did just realize his sword/SB combo is significantly better than I thought.)

Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Khan has it. but hes not an especially good character killer, unless you specifically target non-hq characters. Unit champions etc.

If i were to do it, i would probably just DIY a character hunter. chap master with TH/Shield Eternal/artificer armour on a bike. Necron Surfboard Lords would be prime users i imagine. Dude has to be mobile and a beat stick to really take advantage of it. Maybe a nurgle Daemon prince /w wings?

Seems like it would cost a lot of points for a 1500 point format.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:06 am

Yea I suppose you are right. It would depend a lot for me with how the hard/easy scoring those secondaries are. If they are fairly easy then yea it isn't worth the investment and you'd want your trait to be a force multiplier.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down