Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrain

4 posters

Go down

Terrain Empty Terrain

Post  Matthew G Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:17 pm

So, when you guys play your games of Infinity, is it at your places or do you play at the den?
When you play, how much of what kind of Terrain do you use? I know infinity is VERY terrain heavy, but even when we think (or thought as its been a long time since we played) we had more than enough, there are blatant kill zones and the feel like "we didn't use enough terrain". What terrain at the den do you find is the best to use for infinity...?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Terrain Empty Re: Terrain

Post  Paz Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:45 pm

When we play at Ian's, we use lots of books, and piles of doors from the space hulk set as Los blockers. 40k vehicles make good terrain as well.

The den is awesome for multi-level terrain. I build infinity tables like one would a mordheim table. Lots of skywalks between buildings, ladders, etc.

We also used space hulk tiles on top of books to illustrate the interriors of buildings, with doors (phs and wip checks makes it easy to create your own mini-rules for things like locked doors etc)

Try and create Los blocking areas so there isn't straight fire lanes all the way down the table, create back lanes and 3d environments (also makes it so much more fun)
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:57 pm

A good rule of thumb we've been using is to put your highest terrain pieces on the center line with enough space for a staggered fire lane or two. You should also give one table side better terrain and that actually give incentives for people to choose table half over turn order.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Paz wrote:When we play at Ian's, we use lots of books, and piles of doors from the space hulk set as Los blockers. 40k vehicles make good terrain as well.

The den is awesome for multi-level terrain. I build infinity tables like one would a mordheim table. Lots of skywalks between buildings, ladders, etc.

We also used space hulk tiles on top of books to illustrate the interriors of buildings, with doors (phs and wip checks makes it easy to create your own mini-rules for things like locked doors etc)

Try and create Los blocking areas so there isn't straight fire lanes all the way down the table, create back lanes and 3d environments (also makes it so much more fun)

You know. I never even gave any thought into using 40k vehicles as terrain for infinity. Nice.

Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Matthew G wrote:
Paz wrote:When we play at Ian's, we use lots of books, and piles of doors from the space hulk set as Los blockers. 40k vehicles make good terrain as well.

You know. I never even gave any thought into using 40k vehicles as terrain for infinity. Nice.

The vehicles actually kinda make sense at that scale, too.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Paz wrote:Lots of skywalks between buildings, ladders, etc.

This it totally my next project with that bucket of terrain. how did i never think of skywalks...
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down