Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kirby 7th Q&A

+8
dusktiger
Aegwymourn
Spamus Eatus
Paz
System Commander
Matthew G
GingerBalls
Lore Weaver
12 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Kirby 7th Q&A - Page 4 Empty Re: Kirby 7th Q&A

Post  Matthew G Fri May 23, 2014 2:27 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:i'm just a little worried about every psychic pilot generating warp charge to be used by whoever wants to use it on your side.

GW has to have considered this... Maybe they generate a charge, but that charge can only be used for a power they would cast....? That would basically limit them to WC1 powers, AND not have to worry about over inflating the GK warp charge pool per turn....

guess we find out tomorrow.... eh
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri May 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Matthew G wrote:
Rhaevyn wrote:i'm just a little worried about every psychic pilot generating warp charge to be used by whoever wants to use it on your side.

GW has to have considered this... Maybe they generate a charge, but that charge can only be used for a power they would cast....? That would basically limit them to WC1 powers, AND not have to worry about over inflating the GK warp charge pool per turn....

The big thing will be what powers they have access to. If GK only get access to Santic for most guys it won't be a big deal. If they get access to anything with a lot of offensive powers... that will be amazing. Psyback spam will be a thing again.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Fri May 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:
Matthew G wrote:

The big thing will be what powers they have access to. If GK only get access to Santic for most guys it won't be a big deal. If they get access to anything with a lot of offensive powers... that will be amazing. Psyback spam will be a thing again.

Ugh... Rhino rush then having said rhino's cast something like Smite... go go AP2 shooting powers.... FROM THE TRANSPORTS....
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri May 23, 2014 2:44 pm

I doubt the transports themselves will have shooting powers but if I can generate all those dice for say librarians or squads who have lots of shooting powers....

Although psychic defense has increased substantially. I'm super excited to see how the FE talisman works now. Bet that sucker is going to be even more of an auto-include.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Fri May 23, 2014 2:48 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:I doubt the transports themselves will have shooting powers but if I can generate all those dice for say librarians or squads who have lots of shooting powers....

Although psychic defense has increased substantially. I'm super excited to see how the FE talisman works now. Bet that sucker is going to be even more of an auto-include.

What other armies have an over abundance of psyker-type-things? GKs only? Because if all these squads and vehicles are over inflating the GK warp charge pool every turn.... I'm sorry, but I think that's kinda OP to the point of un-necessary. Atm without knowing the rule and how it will be played out, I just hope that GW actually factored this in and somehow prevents this...
or, like in fantasy, place a cap on the WC pool like there is a 12pt cap on the winds of magic pool.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Fri May 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Matthew G wrote:
Aegwymourn wrote:I doubt the transports themselves will have shooting powers but if I can generate all those dice for say librarians or squads who have lots of shooting powers....

What other armies have an over abundance of psyker-type-things? GKs only? Because if all these squads and vehicles are over inflating the GK warp charge pool every turn.... I'm sorry, but I think that's kinda OP to the point of un-necessary. Atm without knowing the rule and how it will be played out, I just hope that GW actually factored this in and somehow prevents this...
or, like in fantasy, place a cap on the WC pool like there is a 12pt cap on the winds of magic pool.

It's too early to jump out of our skins just yet but it will be interesting to say the least.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Fri May 23, 2014 3:37 pm

GingerBalls wrote:
Matthew G wrote:

It's too early to jump out of our skins just yet but it will be interesting to say the least.

I agree. But I wouldn't be me if I didn't "jump the gun" lol
Stupid GK Psykers Razz
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri May 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Matthew G wrote:
GingerBalls wrote:
Matthew G wrote:
Aegwymourn wrote:Blah blah blah

Stupid GK Psykers Razz

True, but I would actually be really excited to run an actual army of psykers  Very Happy hurling powers about and being awesome.

At least until Mike B.'s Helturkeys fly over and reduce my 20+ point marines to ash  Sad 
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Fri May 23, 2014 4:53 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:
Matthew G wrote:
GingerBalls wrote:
Matthew G wrote:
Aegwymourn wrote:Blah blah blah

Stupid GK Psykers Razz

True, but I would actually be really excited to run an actual army of psykers  Very Happy hurling powers about and being awesome.

At least until Mike B.'s Helturkeys fly over and reduce my 20+ point marines to ash  Sad 

That's what terminators are for. Silly goose.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri May 23, 2014 4:58 pm

GingerBalls wrote:
That's what Paladins and Draigo are for. Silly goose.

Fixed  Razz 
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri May 23, 2014 8:35 pm

i'll just fly back and forth over top of them vector striking at ap 2 bishes!
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sat May 24, 2014 2:57 am

AP 2, but only single strikes against anything earth bound. And if you're doing paladins, odds are there is some FNP in there, too.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat May 24, 2014 7:44 am

so stat modifiers have been cleared up this edition.  they've gone so far as to explain you have to use the B.E.D.M.A.S. method of modifying.  for those that slept through math since grade 5, that's brackets, exponents, divide, multiply, add, subtract.

so your model is gonna get +1 strength and double strength on his str 4 stat? you double, then add. no str 10 for you; its str 9.
you have +1 str plus a rule that sets your str to 8? you ignore the modifiers and only look at the set value. your str 8.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat May 24, 2014 7:58 am

Matthew G wrote:
GingerBalls wrote:
Matthew G wrote:

words
Stupid GK Psykers Razz

"in some army list entries, a psyker will have one or more specific psychic powers listed - where this is the case, it will be clearly stated.  These psykers always start the game with those psychic powers. otherwise, a psyker generates random psychic powers from amongst the psychic disciplines known to him."
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat May 24, 2014 8:04 am

generating warp charge; at the beginning of the psychic phase, the player whose turn it is rolls a single D6. the result is the number of warp charges both players have in their warp pool that psychic phase.  then each player adds up their MLs and adds it to their own warp charge pool.

so if i roll a 5, we both get 5 WCs, plus our MLs.  i have Loth at ML3, and a generic at ML2, and say...beau takes a termy libby at ML2.  so i get 5+3+2=10WCs, and beau gets 5+2 = 7WCs.   then in Beau's turn, he rolls 1 (shock!)  then he gets 1+2 = 3 WCs, and i'll get 1+3+2 = 6 WCs.

note; you only add ul the MLs of models CURRENTLY ON THE BOARD.  you do not add the ML of stuff in reserves or dead.

once the controlling player of that phase hits 0 WCs, or decides not to cast anymore powers, their psychic phase is over.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat May 24, 2014 10:48 am

The new psychic rules mean a lot less is going to go off.

You're generating 3.5 more WC each turn, but each warp charge is goijg of 50% of the time, rather than only failing 1/12 of the time. Plus DTW.

Before I'd have 4 WC total, now it'd be 5-10, 7.5 on average. I'd fail a Psychic power maybe once every 3 turns.

Now I'll have 5-10, but only 2.5-5 will be successful, and 1/6 will be denied. About 2-4 WC successfully going off a turn. After 3 turns, I've had about 9 WC successfully go off, vs 11 before. And I'll be trying more, since I'll have Prescience, plus 2 other Div powers.
In my case, I am wondering if it'd be easier to go to level 1 and spend the 70 points on something else.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat May 24, 2014 11:09 am

Skyfire/Interceptor is no longer a thing. I haz a sad.

Ruins are 4+ area terrain. They are effectively the only area terrain. Aegis lines are still 4+. Hill, trees, etc are 5+ and must cover 25%, craters are 6+.

I'm not seeing anything to do with focus fire.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Sat May 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Roland wrote:Skyfire/Interceptor is no longer a thing. I haz a sad.

Ruins are 4+ area terrain. They are effectively the only area terrain. Aegis lines are still 4+. Hill, trees, etc are 5+ and must cover 25%, craters are 6+.

I'm not seeing anything to do with focus fire.

There is no more focus fire i heard
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Sat May 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Huh?
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sat May 24, 2014 1:08 pm

judchic wrote:

Huh?

Infiltrator doesn't prevent skyfire from snap-firing at ground units. Luckily, most things that have Skyfire have a provision to choose to use it.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat May 24, 2014 11:22 pm

except quadguns, icarus lascannons and most of the anti-air units in the game like hydras....
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:54 pm

so... what do people think of double helldrake in this edition? still douchy? ... its just that i have the models painted Razz ... really...
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:58 pm

I think they won't be as bad without that 20" radius of "get wrekt" they had in 6th Ed. They're still good, but not as silly any more. I'd be down to play against it.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:04 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:so... what do people think of double helldrake in this edition? still douchy? ... its just that i have the models painted Razz... really...

I wouldn't have an issue with it. In Mark and mine's game it killed what, 6 marines? and did a hull point to a razorback. Turn before it came in dudes jumped in their transport, next turn ran away from it. not a big deal if you think ahead and don't act like a dummy.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:10 pm

I dont mind seeing doubles in any lists.. its the triples that get tough to swallow Smile

I think you're a-ok. Man.. i relied on mine for vectoring striking and flaming the same unit all the time. Sad
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum