Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi-option kits

5 posters

Go down

Multi-option kits Empty Multi-option kits

Post  Aegwymourn Mon May 19, 2014 5:37 pm

So I bought some more grey knights in power armor so I am not reliant to run Draigo-wing in the future. As I sit here putting the kit together (along with some other GK stuff I had lying about) I am disconcerted by how much is left on the sprue without use.

There are two heavy weapons, 5 interceptor backpacks, half a chest piece, and bunches of close combat weapons/storm bolters. Those are just the actual bits that could make models. Then there is bunch of just random accouterments.

Does it bother anyone else that for all the wasted space that you could more models? Albeit with fewer options and less chance for conversion, but still.

I know the multi-kits are nice for conversions/magnets, but, with $$$ being a serious barrier to entry for GW games (or even to keep playing them), I would prefer them cut down on them. All the little extra bits are neat and I don't mind them since I doubt they would be able to use all the space all the time.

What do you guys think?
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Multi-option kits Empty Re: Multi-option kits

Post  judchic Mon May 19, 2014 6:14 pm

Same boat. I like the option but some of it is crazy. grey knights are the best example of too much for 5 guys. there is what, 15 melee weapons alone?
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon May 19, 2014 6:19 pm

It would make more sense if they sold a base kit (say rhino, tact marines, etc) and the single sprues for the mods. Would also make it easier to make multi option kits. (Like a rhino/razorback/whirlwind).

That said, very few kits are as bad as the GK kit. Tons left over.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon May 19, 2014 6:38 pm

I find supplementing the GK box with the DA Vet Upgrade bag (which rings in for half the price) generally lets you use the bulk of the extras from the GK kit, and gets you an awesome robed squad as well.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue May 20, 2014 12:59 am

thing is they are selling you a squad, which is 5 playable dudes. we all know that we aren't buying plastic by the ounce.

I'm fairly happy when i have leftover bits cuz i generally have a ton of bog standard marines from one box set or another that can be upgraded.

To your point though, take a look at the Loota/Burna box set. its almost a sin not to use dem extra bitz.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue May 20, 2014 8:13 am

Buy a boys box. Dem blitz will get used.

I distinctly remember buying 20 space marine backs and legs from BW bitz and several points and building whole sqds from spare bitz.

Best thing ya can do is trade up ans try to get rid of 1/2 and build something cool out of the other half.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down