Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Boxset in September || Orks v Blood Angels

+8
Planes
Gulsnick
Termagant
Roland
superdeuxlol
System Commander
Rhaevyn
Lore Weaver
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Boxset in September || Orks v Blood Angels Empty New Boxset in September || Orks v Blood Angels

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:45 am

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/01/breaking-40k-starter-boxed-set-details.html

Also, on Natfka, some potential (salt required) changes to Orks. 7pt Boyz (ick) that get bonus attacks if they outnumber their foes in close combat (D3 for each 10 boyz above your opponent, that's D3 total, not per boy).

Deffdreads drop to 50 pts, but lose 1AV Front and Side. (Sucks! Unless you can take 3 in a mob, then WOOO, I'm in!)

Deff Dreads and Kanz get bonus attacks on the charge, but roll on a suitably orky table if they don't make their charge distance. (1-2 very bad, 3-4 kinda bad, 5-6 everything's okay)

Stormboyz moving to Troops???? (that'd be a thing)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

New Boxset in September || Orks v Blood Angels Empty Re: New Boxset in September || Orks v Blood Angels

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:51 am

Yeah that outnumber rule seems wonky to me, if you got 10 extra boys than your enemy thats already 30 extra attacks before you take it into account, ... unless GW has a new Dice line coming out at the same time?
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

New Boxset in September || Orks v Blood Angels Empty Re: New Boxset in September || Orks v Blood Angels

Post  System Commander Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:03 pm

That seems pretty.. lame.

I dont have any orks.. but i pray they are not 7 points.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Extra strength is wild. With furious charge you can glance out av11 pretty easily with a large squad. Also were they always init 2. I recall that nobs are init 3... But can't seem to imagine the boy stat line.
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Boyz are init 2, Nobz are 3, Warbosses are 4
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:21 pm

1) Posting a link to BoLS and then talking about a post on Natfka is confrusterating.

2) Playtest rules for Orks are awful. The boyz stuff isnt HORRIBAD.... but I think they should givem the +1 str fo free.
Kan and Dredd rules are awful.... the AV drop make them weaker, and with the rules you aren't gonna attempt a charge unless you are reasonably sure its gonna go off. Raise the AV one each on all sides or F/S and keep points.

3) New starter set..... what the..... That makes NO sense. The injection molds are not cheap, especially how they set them up. Replacing all the sprues with a brand new sprue after 2 years is silly. Replace the rulebook with the 6.5 version. add a sheet with the rules for the aegis line or whatever you are giving the Chaos army (cuz they are hooped as is) and you're good to go.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:30 pm

the problem is that neither of the armies in dark vengeance is worth buying Beau. unless they revamp both DA and CSM its just going to sit on shelves. the only models anyone wants out of that box are cultists.

Whereas the last orc/marine book sold like gangbusters. i Can definitely see them dropping DV for something that will sell better. especially if Orks and BA are due out around that time.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:43 am

I can see that, but thats kinda like rushing production on crappy movie 3 because crappy movie 2 didn't get good reviews.

I'd almost rather they took the minis out. Small rulebook, templates, and a dice cube. Maybe some terrain peices. $50. Make "starter" bundles. Hq and 2 troops, 20% off. Roughly 500 pts of minis per starter kit?

Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:30 am

I heard about a base 6+ feel no pain for all orks. That would justify 7 points.

d3 extra attacks is totally moot for Orks. They already roll 34897345276834528 dice when a huge mob assaults.

What would be cool is if shootas got some sort of effect to combine their shots, maybe hit with less shots and more strength or less shots and better BS.

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:44 am

Termagant wrote:I heard about a base 6+ feel no pain for all orks.  That would justify 7 points.

Agreed!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:39 pm

I just hope they don't screw it up . The current ork codex was one of the best written codexes ever IMHO.
almost every unit was used and effective
the was multiple builds that where competitive and not OP.
it lasted through some of 4 th , all of 5 th and alot of 6 th , and still is ok.

honestly i would like to see some minor tweeks and some Klanz flavor in it , and it would be great IMO.

Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:53 pm

I'd love to see things in there for paint jobs other than red. I know the ork fluff has stuff for all the other colours.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:12 pm

I read some rumours of the klanz, that they want to incorporate them more into the FoC swaps.

Wishlisting
bad moonz: Dredds as troops (yellow)
deathskullz: Lootas as troops (blue)
goff: Nobz as troops (black)
snakebites: bring back boar boyz? <3'd boar boyz. (brown)
evil sunz: bikes as troops (red)
who's left?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Blood Axes - The militaristic guys
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Speed freaks/kult of speed.
Lootas as troops would be insane.
The current codex is quite a lot of fun but it is really showing its age when played against the majority of 6th edition codexes.
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:36 pm

superdeuxlol wrote:The current codex is quite a lot of fun but it is really showing its age when played against the majority of 6th edition codexes.

CSM, Dark Angels, Tyranids | Hey, this Ork book is pretty good!
Tau, Eldar, Daemons | This Ork book sucks!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:52 pm

I would put csm as being more competitive but it is just less interesting to play (imo). And Tyranids could be better. So its more like csm, daemons, tau, eldar, Space marines (which you forgot) and possibly Tyranids being more competitive, but at least orks beat dark angels.
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Oddly enough, the treatment that the 'Nids codex got would be almost perfect for Orks. Small points adjustments. Odd tweek here or there. No grand changes just make some stuff that was bad decent and bring everything into line.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:I read some rumours of the klanz, that they want to incorporate them more into the FoC swaps.

Wishlisting
bad moonz: Dredds as troops (yellow)
deathskullz: Lootas as troops (blue)
goff: Nobz as troops (black)
snakebites: bring back boar boyz?  <3'd boar boyz. (brown)
evil sunz: bikes as troops (red)
who's left?

there was a WD rules for klanz in 4 th ed.

bad moonz was flash gitz
goffs was skar boyz
blood axe was komandoes

i alsp remeber blood axes being able to take a comand chimera, and deff skulls being able to take luck blue paint for a 5 plus invul

Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:Oddly enough, the treatment that the 'Nids codex got would be almost perfect for Orks. Small points adjustments. Odd tweek here or there. No grand changes just make some stuff that was bad decent and bring everything into line.

Toss in the Squiggoth as a multi-build new unit and you have yourself a new codex....
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:Oddly enough, the treatment that the 'Nids codex got would be almost perfect for Orks. Small points adjustments. Odd tweek here or there. No grand changes just make some stuff that was bad decent and bring everything into line.

yeah but they didn't loose a court battle about the orks i think , so none of the special chars will be droped , or the crappy trucks  Razz 

i would say a kff adjustment to , to give shrouded or a invul
Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Moar random tables! And I think klans will be done in supplements.
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:20 pm

superdeuxlol wrote:Moar random tables! And I think klans will be done in supplements.

Dataslates, way more profitable. No print version. 10-15 bucks each. Bam!
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:32 pm

No more codexes. Release all units as dataslates, 5-20$ ea.

Don't put it with model. Because then a termie unit will be $70 for units and rules!

Profit!
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:36 pm

I would book a trip across the pond to personally punch someone in the balls if that happened.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next