Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sci Fi movie discussion

+2
Paz
System Commander
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sci Fi movie discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Sci Fi movie discussion

Post  gluvzer Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Alright, I'm going to just say it. I love CYBORG starring VanDammage. I know it's awfull but I just can't help it. I do own it and will admit the dvd has seen alot of action while I'm painting or modeling. The acting, story, sound fx, and music are all terrible and if you watch it closely you can see where they use a few scenes twice (lazy bastards). But when I was a kid, it was the schizznit. So it will always be a fav, and secretly like jean. You try and take on Fender and his pirates single handedly, I bet you couldn't.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:54 pm

Yea the childhood movie that i will always remember, and will probably always be at the top of my list is aliens... not the first one, but the second. Unlike cyborg it was actually a good movie though Razz
I can just watch it over and over, it has everything.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:06 pm

gluvzer wrote:Alright, I'm going to just say it. I love CYBORG starring VanDammage. I know it's awfull but I just can't help it. I do own it and will admit the dvd has seen alot of action while I'm painting or modeling. The acting, story, sound fx, and music are all terrible and if you watch it closely you can see where they use a few scenes twice (lazy bastards). But when I was a kid, it was the schizznit. So it will always be a fav, and secretly like jean. You try and take on Fender and his pirates single handedly, I bet you couldn't.

Hey, I give mad props to any fictional character who when faced with crucifixion doesn't just stand there and take it, but kicks the cross down and then goes and karate's the hell out of the bad guys! That's the kind of guy I want to pray to!

......And since I didn't get struck by lightning I will go on to say that one of my childhood fav's was Space Hunter:Adventures through the forbidden zone. I have nothing good to say about this except that it made sense when I was 7. There was a time there when they made sci-fi apocalypse movies like they did westerns back in the day. Very Quick, very bad. Metalstorm: The destruction of Jared Syn was another. Stryker. Oh man, those were the days. Sadly with the move to DvD and now Blu-Ray I don't think it likely we will see many of these again. Though they could cram about a dozen VHS quality movies onto a blu-ray I think. Surely there must be a market for that....
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:04 pm

There is nothing at all to be embarassed about. I think I hinted at my like of the movie when I mentioned I was hoping Babylon AD was like a new version of Cyborg. I like Van Damme, and I'm not ashamed of it. BCyborg is great becasue it looks like it was filmed by Borden or something. No special effects, nothing fancy.. just some weird looking weapons and a robot chick.. oh, ok, let's throw some boobies in for fun.

I have no idea if I ever saw Space Hunter, but remember the movie box. I definitely saw Metalstorm and have never heard of Stryker. There are alot of these old ones I'd love to see again though. I do have a copy of Abraxas floating around and hiding somewhere is Slipstream.. starring Mark Hammill and Bill Paxton. That was a goofy ass movie.. but it had Hammill and Paxton.. how can you go wrong with that combo. Hammill also had long hair and a big goatee...
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:14 pm

I went and IMDB's Space Hunter, and while I distincly remember the movie cover, I jsut can't remember if I ever saw it. I want to think I did, but just can't remember. Stryker sounded awesome.

As I was reading the review of Sryker, they mentioned Exterminators of the year 3000, which was a so so movie but reminded of the better Exterminators. The classic cyborg dude who had tank treads for a lower torso and a machine gun arm.. fighting along side Sho Kosugi who was playing.. guess what..? You got it .. a Ninja. I wonder if Sho Kosigu still lives.. I should find out but in the meantime, I saw Exterminators quite a few times and sure liked it. Although, I dont know if I liked the plot, or was damn pleased about the tank tread cyborg fighting with the ninja. Man, if I could ever make a movie it would be damn close to that.. hehe.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:44 pm

System Commander wrote:I went and IMDB's Space Hunter, and while I distincly remember the movie cover, I jsut can't remember if I ever saw it. I want to think I did, but just can't remember. Stryker sounded awesome.

As I was reading the review of Sryker, they mentioned Exterminators of the year 3000, which was a so so movie but reminded of the better Exterminators. The classic cyborg dude who had tank treads for a lower torso and a machine gun arm.. fighting along side Sho Kosugi who was playing.. guess what..? You got it .. a Ninja. I wonder if Sho Kosigu still lives.. I should find out but in the meantime, I saw Exterminators quite a few times and sure liked it. Although, I dont know if I liked the plot, or was damn pleased about the tank tread cyborg fighting with the ninja. Man, if I could ever make a movie it would be damn close to that.. hehe.

A few things...

You did make a movie jag-off! And you got paid for it!

Of course Sho Kosugi lives! He lives in every one of us! I hated the movie speed racer except for one sensational line from John Goodman (of course) "It's a damn shame what passes for a ninja these days.".

That movie exterminators, here's some awesome trivia for you! The guy who played the tank tread cyborg guy was the dude who was the "prize" for that reality show "who wants to marry a millionaire" when that chick Darva Conger won and then wanted nothing to do with the guy. Also that guy was apparently NOT a millionaire (which is a shame given his performance in exterminators) and then that Darva chicked sued the producers, appeared in penthouse (She has a bitchin' rack!) and now SHE is a millionaire. Go figure...

I also think that if any of us makes a movie we should go back to the square root of cheap science fiction. To have a real good movie you need to start with a catching title that must follow the formula....

TITLE: AWESOMER OTHER TITLE

Think of all the good ones, Yor: warrior from the future etc.

Now to end this message properly I should be using a smoke bomb out of respect for Sho Kosugi, but the lazy bastard who put this site together didn't include any smoke bomb emoticons. Prick. And yes, it is a slow day at work, thanks for asking!

---POOF---
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:18 pm

Scott, Robyn, how does Sat. Oct. 18 sound for an evening of SCI-FI ACTION. Scott figures each one of us should choose a movie, obtain a copy of it, and force the others to watch. What you guys think.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:42 pm

I'll be in Calgary, and so should you two! Octocon baby! I'll be drunk as Boozy McStagger on that weekend. Cool thing is I convinced Carson to take a big rig down there so weèll be haulin ass and gettin paid!

How about thanksgiving weekend, and at which house. I can probably swing it at my place if need be, though that means no VHS movies cause I am not VCR capable.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:47 pm

Sadley, I will not be going to Octocon. (I have to pick my battles) Saturday night Thanksgiving weekend should work for me as well. As well, my place wouldn't be a problem and I have a VCR as well, although I haven't ever tried to hook it up to the flat panel.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:41 pm

'll check with the wife and see what are plans are for the weekend. There's always a chance we might be going to the in-laws for the weekend. I'll find out tonight and you dudes know.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:19 am

I hope you guys watched, Last night the 1983 classic SPACEHUNTER: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone, another 2 title bought of awsomeness was on the Action channel. That movie wasn't nearly as cool as I remember it when I was but a child, but a good watch none the less, Molly Ringwald was very annoying. But the "Overdogg" had 2 power claws (good ol' Ironsides).
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:51 am

I'll have to check it out now.. Overdogg and 2 powerclaws sparks a familiarity that I'm assuming I hsouldn't have unless I've sene it before.

As a side note, I forgot to mention it but I'm out of town for this weekend for the moeive off. We'll keep it on the back burner though and figure out a time soon. I don;'t believe I have any plans for weekend for the next two months so things should be pretty free after this.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2