Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I love the new eldar

3 posters

Go down

Why I love the new eldar Empty Why I love the new eldar

Post  Paz Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:44 am

I recently started up eldar, with the new codex release. I played eldar in 4th-early 5th, and they were great, one of my fav armies to play back then. With the intro of running in 5th, eldar lost some of that speedy unique flavour, IMO.
And now they have it back! And so much more.
Aspects (no pun intended) I love:
-wraithblades: great tarpit unit (I use axes/shields) and with guide, can choppy chop some good stuff.
-Farseer: buff-o-matic! I love using guide, and when enemies get close, psychic shriek.
-assassatarch: I know the nets are saying use this guy on a jet bike, but I much prefer a jump pack. Deep strik him in, and counter assault anything the wraithblades are in combat with. Character/monster killer extraordinaire!
In my first game he killed 2 squads of dire avengers, second he chopped up a beefy tzeentch daemon prince.
Dat shard of anaris!!
- DE allies: An archon and venoms with 5 man warrior squads inside. Mmm mmm good!
Guide on a venom blasting away on a greater daemon? Yes please.
- wave serpents: it's been said, but I'll say it again, serpent shield shot is crazy good. Ignores cover and pinning? Ugh.

Still a bit of a glass cannon, but the elves are really feeling like they did for me in 4th- the fastest dewds out there, packing crazy good weaponry.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Why I love the new eldar Empty Re: Why I love the new eldar

Post  miv305 Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:10 am

Guide only works for shooting attacks so it doesn't help Wraithblades much, altough Prescience works just fine.  If you like speedy stuff you've got to grab some Warp Spiders, they're crazy fast and crazy good!
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:27 am

Ya, I'm looking at running 3 units of 5 spiders, no exarchs (keep it cheap!)

I might run an exarch in one unit with a Spinnerette rifle, I'm trying to build one using a reaper launcher I somehow had a bit for (probably from one of the 3 other times I played eldar).

S7 AP1 vs vehicles, 3 shots with Fast Shot, guided, might get some tasty shots off on fliers. On the drop though, not so twin-linked :-P

Although, 5 spiders can reliably deep strike behind a Heldrake and get rear arc (due to battle focus) and likely get a S7 hit or two on it's av 10 rectal orifice, causing it some hemorrhoids.

===

3 MSU units of Spiders just seems so good. They can potentially survive an assault (3+ armour) and the ones that live can hit-and-run away, that's assuming they ever get assaulted. (As they should always be shooting from 12" away, then get a 2D6" move away after that)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down