Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daemon Rumours starting to hit

+6
ScottRadom
superdeuxlol
System Commander
Rhaevyn
judchic
Lore Weaver
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Daemon Rumours starting to hit - Page 3 Empty Re: Daemon Rumours starting to hit

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:50 am

so many random tables.... soooo many.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Daemon Rumours starting to hit - Page 3 Empty Re: Daemon Rumours starting to hit

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:09 am

24" Beam is not to be underestimated :-P 18" Doombolt beam has done some pretty amazing things for me in games. (That I still lose, because I'm a bad player).

I am, however, fantasising about 180 point 20-man Pink Horror units. I saw something somewhere today about Blue Horrors too. For every pink horror slain, put a blue horror token down, strikes at Initiative 1, S2, AP- | Not game breaking, but nifty.

I wonder how it'll work as a side force, if I'd roll on the warpstorm tables if I ally in Daemons. Would I potentially be bringing in 2D6+3 dudes?

Anyway... come on book! I'm totally buying one on Saturday.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:38 am

There was a tidbit that said you only roll on warpstorm if your the primary force.

I live the idea of some benefits for.running mono god armies.

But yeah.. Lots of tables. Gonna havemto have a pen handy every game. .
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:23 am

I still contend that if a unit of Horror's can roll on Divination, they will be ridiculous...

Especially if they get 3 rolls.... my god. Chances to get Precognition are high. (Re-roll hit, wound, and failed saves)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:31 am

one would assume they have to take at least one TZ power. which is ok. because the Div powers are only really good if there are other shooty units around.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:41 am

Rhaevyn wrote:one would assume they have to take at least one TZ power. which is ok. because the Div powers are only really good if there are other shooty units around.

Really, the only sucky thing is Scryer's Gaze.

--

Burning Chariot... 100pts 10/10/10 5++ save S5 AP3 Torrent Flamer *AND* 18" Assault D3 S9 AP2 at BS4

I like my glass cannons cheap. Depending on how fast it is, might be worth while sticking it in reserve and driving it on.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:49 am

Or...it soumds like youll still have the option to deepstrike.. Wouldnt be bad for those chariots. Id.love.to.see some rules for blood throne chariot..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:57 am

Skull Cannon is 12/12/10 Chariot apparently.

-- Also Copy-Pasta from Warseer --

Instability reminds me of that classic Simpsons frogurt bit.

"It has all the benefits of Fearless, and you can go to ground!"

"That's good!"

"But it's 5th edition fearless, where you can take casualties if you lose combat."

"That's bad."

"But now you can avoid the casualties with a morale check!"

"That's good!"

"But if you fail the check you could take more casualties then before."

"That's bad."

"But if you roll snake eyes you get the whole unit back!"

"That's good!"

"If it's boxcars you lose it."

"That's bad."

Basically for demons, the free frogurt is also cursed .
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Go here.

http://fundaemons.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/more-rules.html

Screamers, buffed, same cost (buffed in that they get to re-roll failed saves of "1")
Flamers, nerfed, (S4 AP4) warp flame (toughness test or take D3 wounds no cover/armour, if passed, you gain FnP 6+, or FnP +1 if you already had FnP)
Horrors only roll on Tzeentch, but can get either 4D6 or 5D6 heavy bolter shots per turn. They're LD7 but add 3 to their LD for Psychic tests. Herald can roll on Divination.

The Chariot is a Fast, Open-topped Skimmer (much like a Necron Surfboard Lord).

The Slaneesh chariots are 1-3 per Heavy slot at 40pts a pop (eeeee gads that's cheap). I kinda hope the Tzeentchy ones are 1-3 too (I might buy a pair then).

For buffing my CSM, 20 pink horrors, a chariot, and a herald seem like a good buy. We'll have to wait and see.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:39 pm

150 point soul grinders sound good. regardless of what god- with a 5(3/w skyfire) shot autocannon(maybe hades) loadout.

Masque looks like a beating. especially off deepstrike.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Daemon Rumours starting to hit - Page 3 Empty re demons

Post  Commander James of the Ul Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Wow interesting. And the pricing for most products is some what affordable (no hundred dollar storm raven). Not bad. Hope they at least make an attempt to keep Eldar affordable when they get a new codex...

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:28 pm

affordable until you factor in 8 point plague bearers that dissolve into the warp on failed leadership tests, $80 soul-grinder figs(skyfire), and a whole range of chariots... i imagine they are going to make some dollahs.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:33 pm

Initial rumours are showing at least most units seem useful to a degree...

... Not like the csm book.. *grumble, grumble*

Still waiting on word re: indepndent characters. I thought i had read.something.like ind characters.can only join units that also have the daemon instability rule. Anyone else see that?

Hopefully ind characters w/o daemon instability can join units with it. Id like the jugger.lord hanging with some.buddies
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:39 pm

i'm hoping that your wrong and none of that shenanigans goes on Robyn.

If i can snag a couple heralds as allies and stick them in cultist or CSM/Chosen squads and provide fearless, it would shore up a lot of my complaints about the current dex.

dont see any point in battle brothers that cant take advantage of any of the rules =x.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:43 pm

looks like a lot of the Daemons might not be MC's. dont see the point in having so many ways to get an ap2 aetherblade when you would theoretically have smash on all of the DP's and GD's.

Could just be a fallback for the heralds etc. but it seems odd.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:54 pm

+1 Str on my Doombolt? Sounds nice. +1D6 Strength on some Warp Talons or Mutilators? That's okay I hear.

There could be some interesting combo's to be had. Herald in a Thousand Son's unit... with Divination. mmmm ignores cover....
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:37 pm

4 heralds per HQ slot.... max 4 per Primary attachment.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:22 am

I do like the sounds of that.

Im also assuming 4 heralds.. Doesnt matter the god... So 2 nurgle and 2 khorne potentially?

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:08 am

The Blue Scribes don't have "Independent Character"

I have some pictures, feel free to ask questions.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:18 pm

4 wording might mess up allies though. It says 4 allies per primary detachment.
Which is going to make daemonic allies very expensive if you need to pony up for a greater daemon so you can field a soul grinder =x
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum