Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Mash, with Pricing Tyranid Player Feedback

4 posters

Go down

Monster Mash, with Pricing  Tyranid Player Feedback Empty Monster Mash, with Pricing Tyranid Player Feedback

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:14 pm

Time to start saving mah monies.

The Theme (to which I want to adhere) is big things only. That said, veteran 'nid players, is this workable? Is there something I'm missing? I'm slightly worried about the Tyranid Warriors in the troop section. Is there something to making them be better?

Hive Tyrant takes book powers, flys around, shoots flyers, Vector strikes, eventually gets to CC with something.

Swarmlord swaps his powers for 4 rolls on Biomancy, hoping to get Ironarm, Warp Speed, and/or Endurance (guaranteed to get one!), if he gets Iron Arm, Majority Toughness for the Tyrant Guard is pretty cool.

---

1500 Monster Mash

HQ---

1. Hive Tyrant 170
Heavy Venom Cannon 25, Toxin Sacs 10
Wings 60
= 265 $64.50

2. Swarmlord 280
Tyrant Guard Brood, 1 Tyrant Guard 60 $30
= 340 $64.50

HQ Total = 605

Elites---

1. 2 x Hive Guard 100 $60

Elites Total = 100

Troops---

1. 3xTyranid Warriors 90 $56.50
Barbed Strangler 10
= 100

2. 3xTyranid Warriors 90 $56.50
Barbed Strangler 10
= 100

3. 3xTyranid Warriors 90 $56.50
Spinefists
= 90

4. 3xTyranid Warriors 90 $56.50
Extra Scything Talons
= 90

Troops = 380

Fast Attack---

1. 5xRaveners = 150 $113

Fast Attack = 150

Heavy Support---

1. Tyrannofex 250 $70
Rupture Cannon 15

Heavy = 265

----

To 1750

Add Trygon with Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, and Regen (245) $70

Total Cost = $698 + ~ $30 in paint? (Pink, Red Wash, White, More White, Some Black, Some off-white, Blue for eye-balls)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Monster Mash, with Pricing  Tyranid Player Feedback Empty Re: Monster Mash, with Pricing Tyranid Player Feedback

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Current internet wisdom is for the Flyrant to take double brainleech devourers. Also why a Terranofex for HS? Might have issues since your only fast units are the Flyrant and the Raveners. Neither of which is terribly durable. Will depend a lot on terrain and whatnot.

p.s. I have Tyrands I am trying to sell Razz
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Monster Mash, with Pricing  Tyranid Player Feedback Empty Re: Monster Mash, with Pricing Tyranid Player Feedback

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Is that 1 twin-linked devourerer or two? I kinda like S9 shooty, but lots of S6 shooty is good too.

Edit: Oh, I see. you replace all the talons with devourerers for 30pts. 5 pts more. That's 12 S6 AP4 shots, twin-linked. Not bad. -1ld if you have to take a test, only 18" range, but that's no problem if your swooping.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:16 pm

Well the idea is to swoop behind vehicles and get that delicious rear armour and glace it to death. You can also vector strike the same/different one on the way in.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:56 pm

I left out Lictor's one of my favorite Tyranid things. A brood of 3 is 195 points, pop 'em up behind a vehicle and shoot that rear armour with 6 S6 shots. Then try not to die, then assault something!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:02 pm

big monsters are my favorite. looks like a fun list to collect and build. will look good on a shelf too.

Been eyeing an ogre kingdoms army since i started playing again. a whole army of big guys with clubs to paint? Smile
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:33 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:big monsters are my favorite. looks like a fun list to collect and build. will look good on a shelf too.

Been eyeing an ogre kingdoms army since i started playing again. a whole army of big guys with clubs to paint? Smile

I'd eyed that up too... but I'm not getting into Fantasy until there's an all Chaos Dwarf option (and not the Forgeworld Resin army either, although they look sweeeet).
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Ah Chaos Dwarfs. All the shooty of dwarfs, add some magic, with orcs and goblin sprinkles to taste. Had a friend who used to play them. Basically ended everything he had to do with GW when they didn't transition them past ravening hordes.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Skip toxin and get old adversary on tyrant. Prefered enemy means your shooting can reroll 1s to wound and since poison would normally give a reroll on only on 1st to wound where prefered lets you reroll 1's to hit and wound. it's a10pts more than toxin (plus effects all allies within 6" get it!) and is a steal.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down