Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 point Deathwing

4 posters

Go down

2000 point Deathwing Empty 2000 point Deathwing

Post  Roland Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:58 pm

This is likely the list I'd start with

Belial (TH/SS)-190
Librarian (Termie Armour, Mastery level 2)- 130

Venerable Dread (2x T/L AutoC)-145
Venerable Dread (2x T/L AutoC)-145

DW Squad (TH/SS, LC, Cyclone)-250
DW Squad (TH/SS, LC, AssC)-245
DW Squad (TH/SS, LC, Heavy Flamer)-235 -Belial goes here

Nephilim Jetfighter (LasC)- 180

Pred (AutoC, Las Sponsons)- 115

I don't think there is near as much redundancy as in the Greenwing list. I still have a lot of shooting (up to 13 different target/turn, 7 at Str7 or higher). I have to get better at DSing. I had a run where risky deep strikes where paying off and I've gotten into a bad habit with it. It's bitten me in the ass the last 3 games. Belail and his squad won't scatter, but if I don't make sure they get some support, they're just gonna die.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

2000 point Deathwing Empty Re: 2000 point Deathwing

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:07 pm

... Seems solid. Venerable upgrade for the Rifleman seems like points spent for little benefit. It's not like the extra BS or WS is helping you. Not sure what you'd drop 50 points on though.

The Dark Vengence 3-man bike unit is 100pts even (with Melta on the searg), and gives you a teleport homer for the rest of your deathwing. (and you get a 12" scout move before the game starts, just make sure, if you're not going first at least, to hide them).
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:29 pm

Here is a list I whipped up for 2k points:
(not hijacking thread, just figure may as well keep things condensed)

HQ
Belial 190

DW Command Squad 265
Apothecary
Plasma Cannon
3X Stormbolters

ELITES
Venerable Dread 145
Plasma Cannon
Powerfist + Heavy Flamer

Venerable Dread 135
Plasma Cannon
Powerfist + Stormbolter

Venerable Dread 160
TL Lascannon
Missile Launcher

TROOPS
Deathwing Squad Alpha 240
TLC Sergeant
Assault Cannon
3X Stormbolters

Deathwing Squad Beta240
TLC Sergeant
Assault Cannon
3X Stormbolters

Deathwing Squad Delta245
Powersword Sergeant
Cyclone
3X Stormbolters

Deathwing Squad Epsilon245
Powersword Sergeant
Cyclone
3X Stormbolters

HEAVY
Vindicator 135
Siege Shield

2000 pts on the nose. I may find some points somewhere to upgrade the command squad to have a champion, and the Vindicator can be swapped out for a Predator Executioner (FW)

Overall battleplan is to advance hard and blast everything, DWAing if needed. The nice thing is I can decide that on a game by game basis.

I have made no concession to dealing with flyers. I find DW don't care too much about them, as most of the flyer weapons can't get through their armor. I feel that if you are planning to shoot down flyers you need to bring a substantial amount of AA or not even bother. A couple tacs with flakk missiles won't do a whole lot in the long run and eat up valuable points that could go towards more terminators. Most of the time I get by on rolling 6's or just not worrying about a flyer too much. They are incapable of holding or contesting objectives and that is what I am concerned with. I also realize that I don't NEED to make my TLLC/ML dread venerable, but I'm keeping a theme here Smile

Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:03 am

Fair enough on the fliers. Only the Vendetta and Doom Scythe are worries. Split fire the assault cannon and hope for the best.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 am

Damnit Ben, stop copying me! /irony off

You managed to fit in 5, nicely done. My issues have been getting squads in. I'm always feeling about a squad short.

One thing I noticed real quick, is that strictly by points, pure deathwing took a hit. Belail, command squads, deathwing squads, and vindis went up.

You're right about the skyline. Mark and I played @ 1750. What I took was pretty much the above, with 2 Dw squads traded for 5 man Tacts with flack ml in lasbacks. My deathwing kinda withered on the vine.

Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:24 am

Just a suggestion, but perhaps slip a drop pod or three into lists like these? Drop pod assaulting in a Dread works pretty well with deathwing assault. Nothing worse than a Venerable dread in someones backfield while they are also worrying about Deathwing in their faces. i would be tempted to drop the lone vindi to make up the points for three drop pods.

Blitzkrieg!
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:49 am

I'd considered that for the 2 in mine, I need 20 points tho. (It works if I give up the ghost and trade the Neph fighter for 2 Typhoons.)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:50 am

Rhaevyn wrote:Just a suggestion, but perhaps slip a drop pod or three into lists like these? Drop pod assaulting in a Dread works pretty well with deathwing assault. Nothing worse than a Venerable dread in someones backfield while they are also worrying about Deathwing in their faces. i would be tempted to drop the lone vindi to make up the points for three drop pods.

Blitzkrieg!

Especially one with a Heavy Flamer and Power Fist. Some care would need to be taken, as it's only AV12 and not 13 like an Ironclad, which is really built for this kind of assault. After Beau and I played I had mentioned, "A lot of your first turn issues would've been solved with a heavy flamer." So having that on the board and being able to drop it next to a volume of Orks is very beneficial. (mmm... wall of death overwatch too)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am

A heavy flamer on the DW squad and a MM/Hvy flamer/PF dread, (btw anyone notice you can take a T/L heavy flamer as the weapon arm?). Thatd do some damage. Tempted to make him venerable for the rerolls and WS5....

Edit: MM/HF/PF Dread in a DP is 145, same as a Venerable Rifleman.... so Turn one, 4 DW squads and a Dread.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:29 am

Roland wrote:A heavy flamer on the DW squad and a MM/Hvy flamer/PF dread, (btw anyone notice you can take a T/L heavy flamer as the weapon arm?). Thatd do some damage. Tempted to make him venerable for the rerolls and WS5....

Edit: MM/HF/PF Dread in a DP is 145, same as a Venerable Rifleman.... so Turn one, 4 DW squads and a Dread.

Have some ravenwing on the board for a teleport homer, and the deepstrikes are predictable and somewhat targetted.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:05 pm

Belial (TH/SS)-190
Librarian (Termie Armour, Mastery level 2)- 130

Venerable Dread (MM, PF w/HF, Drop Pod)-170
Dread (2x T/L AutoC)-120

DW Squad (TH/SS, LC, AssC)-245
DW Squad (TH/SS, LC, Heavy Flamer)-235 -Belial goes here

Nephilim Jetfighter (LasC)- 180

minorish change
The Neph and DP Dread have to go in reserve, leaving 9 units, so I can reserve 5 of those.... that means either the Libby or a DW squad gets deployed (likely a Cyclone squad).....

Actually, as nice as Belials "no scatter" rule is.... I can deploy him and a squad, and have the others drop on HIM thanks to the teleport homer.... I'd be limited in how far I could do that from my deployment zone.

Played with getting some RW in there for the homers..... I could trade the Neph for a 5-man squad, 2 meltas or a flamer and plasma, and a PF on the Sarge. Honestly I think Azrael and going 3 DW/1RW is more the way to go if thats what you like.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:09 am

Played with getting some RW in there for the homers..... I could trade the Neph for a 5-man squad, 2 meltas or a flamer and plasma, and a PF on the Sarge. Honestly I think Azrael and going 3 DW/1RW is more the way to go if thats what you like.

i think thats the whole point of the codex, really. =)

deploy close with RW, make scout move. first or second turn, drop your deathwing off those beacons and blast away brother.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:12 am

Rhaevyn wrote:

i think thats the whole point of the codex, really. =)

deploy close with RW, make scout move. first or second turn, drop your deathwing off those beacons and blast away brother.

That's how Thiessen kills me.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down