Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1850 CSM/Ork

3 posters

Go down

1850 CSM/Ork Empty 1850 CSM/Ork

Post  UglyDuckling Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:15 am

This is a list I will be running against my buddies IG/SM army this weekend.

Chaos Lord
-Termy
-Power Axe
-Nurgle

Sorcerer
-Mastery 3
-Spell Familiar
-5++

Ork Boss
-Power Klaw
-TL Shoota
-Boss Pole

CSMx10
Lascannon
VotLW

CSMx10
2 Flamer 2 Plasma
VotLW
Rhino

Plague Marinesx75
P.Wep
Plasma

Ork Boysx30
1 Nob
30 sluggas

Helldrake
-Bale Flamer

Deffkoptasx5
-5 Rokkits

Havocsx5
-4 Autocannons

Landraider
-Dirge Caster

Pretty straight forward. Sorc. will take 3 biomancy spells and buff/debuff what he can. Koptas will get in there quick and start popping what they can and generally create confusions. The lascannon CSM will sit back hold the home objective and pop the big stuff. CSM with plasmas will advance up behind the blob of boys. The blob of boys will be a meat shield and generally an intimidating presence.

Helldrake does his thing. The Lord hops in the LR with the plague marines and they get into combat as soon as possible.

I know shoota boyz are a better choice for the blob but in the interest of WYSIWYG I have gone with the sluggas.

Thoughts?

Last edited by UglyDuckling on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total
UglyDuckling
UglyDuckling
Servitor

Back to top Go down

1850 CSM/Ork Empty Re: 1850 CSM/Ork

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:06 am

Looks pretty good.

If you dropped a plague marine and VotLW on the 2xPlasma unit, could you get them a Rhino?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  UglyDuckling Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:19 am

Lore Weaver wrote:Looks pretty good.

If you dropped a plague marine and VotLW on the 2xPlasma unit, could you get them a Rhino?

As a matter of fact I could. However the 2xplasma is a typo. It should say 2xFlamer.
UglyDuckling
UglyDuckling
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  UglyDuckling Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:37 am

There.

Tweaked to include the plasmas and a Rhino. Outflank them....Bob's your uncle.
UglyDuckling
UglyDuckling
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:38 am

It's playable.

If you were to drop it to 1750, what would you change?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:47 am

How are they outflanking? I might be missing something but I couldnt find it.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  UglyDuckling Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:50 am

System Commander wrote:How are they outflanking? I might be missing something but I couldnt find it.

Come in from reserve normally but if the Chaos Gods favor me and I roll a 3 on my warlord traits they will be able to outflank and/or infiltrate.
UglyDuckling
UglyDuckling
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Ahh.. Gotcha. Well, in about ten games ive only rolled it once.. But i dont have to tell you the chances.

Ive given up on the chaos warlord traits for now... Unless im playing against marines then i dont mind the roll. They are better when you compare chart to chart against the main book.. But.if your using the roll a d6 then choose the chart.. The rulebook is better ive been finding.

List looks solid enough though. I highly reccomend taking a dozer blade on your raider.. 5 points for a difficult terrain reroll is awesome. My raiders always have to go jnto terrain at some point to launch a tricky assault or just hide.for somencover. I ve been taking dirgecasters on my raiders.. But have yet to use it. Im sure a great situation will come up where itll be more beneficial to move instead of shoot to get in dirge range.. Juat hanst jappened yet
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  UglyDuckling Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:28 pm

I played this list against my friends IG yesterday.

This is from memory so it will be rough retelling of the battle.

His list was

Company Command Squad in chimera

3 Vet Squads 2 Chimeras various meltas, plasmas, shotguns, demo charges

Roughriders
Vendetta w/ lasguns (one vet squad was in here)

2 Basilisks
2 Russes (one with big bad plasma cannon on it)
1Russ with Pask and the big bad armor pen cannon on it (can't remember the name)
*his tanks had various las/metals/bolters

My list was as above.

Mission: Relic
Deployment: Hammer and Anvil
Nightfighting: Turn 1

Warlord Traits: Redeployment move for me. Reroll 1's for shots against anyone near the objective for him.

Psychic Powers for me: Warp Speed, Smite, Life Leech

I deploy first Demon Turkey and Plasma Rhino squad in reserve. He deploys second Vendetta in reserve.. I move my koptas up with scout in line of site of a chimera

He steals initiative.

Enemy turn 1:
He does what I hope he will and targets my mob of orks that I have put out as bait. He lights them up with spotlights from a chimera and throws 3 chimeras and 3 Russes worth of artillery at them. 17 are removed as casualties.
He lights up my Havocs with a spotlight and blasts them with his basilisks. 2 autocannons die
I fail my leadership with autocannons and they run back a few inches. They regroup on my turn but don’t get to shoot properly until turn 3

UglyDuckling Turn 1:
I advance the Orks, koptas, Land Raider. I pop a chimera with my koptas (first blood). I take off 2 hull points on the other troop chimera and a hull point on one of the Russes.

Enemy Turn 2:
He fails reserves on his vendetta (which he is happy about). He blasts away at the Orks 6 more die including the Nob. He kills 1 Kopta. Whiffs on the Landraider.
UglyDuckling Turn 2:
Demon Turkey and Plasma Rhino squad come in.
Orks advance. Landraider moves 6 drops off the Lord and his entourage of 5 plagues. Koptas move up.
Turkey can’t vector strike because of deployment but fries one squad of vets and blows up the last chimera.
Lord and entourage assault a tank but whiff.

Enemy Turn 2:
Vendetta comes up on the tail of my Turkey
Vendetta scores 2 glances and 1 pen. The 2 glances are saved and the pen stuns me.
He blasts away on my turkey but I make good saves and end with a stun and 2 hull points.
He kills the remainder of my Ork Boyz.
His roughriders charge my plagues and lord. My Plague champ takes the challenge. Which ends in a tie. I lose one plague and destroy 1 rider to overwatch and the other 4 in combat.

UglyDuckling Turn 3:
I go into hover mode with my turkey because an 18” move will land me on a tank and destroy me.
Turbo boost the koptas up to his table edge and line up the basilisks.
Plasma squad hops out of their Rhino. His vendetta is zooming but is right beside both of my CSM squads. I fire everything in the 2 squads including the sorcerer’s powers into the vendetta and 2 glances and 1 pen later he goes down. Only 2 vets survive the crash.
Plague champ takes down rider champ and he rolls additional boons on the table. He gets crusader, hammer of wrath and +1 to armor save.

Enemy Turn 4:
His company command squad immobilizes trying to move through a crater.
Hi takes out a couple of deffkoptas. Nothing phases the Land raider. He removes 2 wounds from Chaos Lord.
He throws a few shots into my turkey and it dies (hover…no snap fire Razz)

UglyDuckling Turn 4:
Plagues break off and grab the relic. Plasma squad moves up to support them.
Chaos Lord moves up to assault a vet squad.
A few glances on various tanks.
Koptas blow up a basilisk
Chaos Lord shoots and kills the character in the squad he is to assault. He turns into a DEMON PRINCE!
But he fails his assault distance through a crater and takes a wound from a plasma overwatch.

Enemy Turn 5:
He kills my DP. He takes off 1 more plague. He takes off one more Kopta

UglyDuckling Turn 5:
I move the plagues closer into the rhino. Ork boss kills a Russ.

Enemy Turn 6:
He kills Ork boss
He blows up Rhino.

UglyDuckling Turn 6:
Game over
Final score 6-1

Summary:
The orks were huge in this game. Eating up 3 rounds of fire from the tanks and allowing everything else to move up and around. It may not have been the best priority for him but having 30 orks in his face could have proved difficult for him as well.
The turkey didn’t get to do anything but that had a lot to do with the type of deployment.
Deffkoptas got back their share of points and cause havoc.
If the sorcerer rolled better for powers it could have been ever more one sided.
UglyDuckling
UglyDuckling
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down