Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Also looking for twin-linked heavy bolters...

5 posters

Go down

Also looking for twin-linked heavy bolters... Empty Also looking for twin-linked heavy bolters...

Post  Timbo Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Like the ones off the razorbacks that nobody uses. 5 or so would be great.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Also looking for twin-linked heavy bolters... Empty Re: Also looking for twin-linked heavy bolters...

Post  gluvzer Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:37 pm

I've got a couple I'll give you. What are you up to?
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Also looking for twin-linked heavy bolters... Empty Re: Also looking for twin-linked heavy bolters...

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Maybe he is making on of the superheavies out of land raiders?
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Tim, the VDRs are Dead and Gone.... Besides, I thought you always wanted to build the 100 bolter bus.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:52 pm

It's definitely land raider related.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:53 pm

No, that was never my baby. The 100 bolter tank was someone else's concept. I pooh-poohed it because I thought nobody would actually ever build it.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Hmmmm.... Hundred bolter bus you say.... sounds like a great way for space marines to get to school!
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:37 pm

IIRC the 100 bolter vehicle was trotted out as an example of why the VDR rules were broken. I argued that the stipulation for all vehicles to be WYSIWYG would preclude this sort of nonsense. Nobody ever did build one to prove me wrong, sadly.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Timbo wrote:IIRC the 100 bolter vehicle was trotted out as an example of why the VDR rules were broken. I argued that the stipulation for all vehicles to be WYSIWYG would preclude this sort of nonsense. Nobody ever did build one to prove me wrong, sadly.

What you say is true.... But we did TALK about making it!! I think someone may have even started collecting bolters....
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:52 pm

I have a pair of heavy bolters from a Razorback kit :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:00 pm

I was scared you were collectng them for some grey knight razorbacks..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:27 pm

@ Robyn. LOL. You know me better than that. The old, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em? I'm more of a if you can't beat 'em, complain about it and be overly negative.

I tend to gravitate towards the average-to-poor codexes. On that note I might be trying to throw together a pure Chaos list that doesn't suck just to see if it can be done. I'm skeptical, but if anyone can do it, I can! Wink
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:25 am

Timbo wrote:I tend to gravitate towards the average-to-poor codexes. On that note I might be trying to throw together a pure Chaos list that doesn't suck just to see if it can be done. I'm skeptical, but if anyone can do it, I can! Wink

Typhus, Plague Marines, Cultist Zombies, Havocs with Mark of Nurgle | Epidemius and 2 units of Plague Bearers. || It's still pure Chaos, as "Daemons" has "Chaos" in the title too, they're battle brothers!

Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:01 am

Yeah, the Epidemius list has been done to death by BoLS and Frontline. I want to do a "pure" CSM army.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:40 am

So....

60 pt sorcerer
3 units of 3 terminators
spam marines
bikes/spawn
3 vindicators or 3 units of Nurgle Marked Oblits?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm on the fence regarding vindicators. Most games they don't get a shot on turn 1, and then it's dicey after that. They also can give up that first blood VP pretty easy. If I was doing a vehicle-heavy list I'd consider them. Nurgle oblits are fine. Havocs are fine.

I'm on the fence regarding sorcerors. They're very easy to kill, so they give up that slay the warlord VP pretty easy. I don't really like any of the Chaos HQs.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:42 pm

Especially if you have the bad habit of rolling perils.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Or the bad habit of issuing and accepting challenges. Oh, wait...
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:32 pm

bum bum ba bummmm, awwww.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down