Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 pt SM

4 posters

Go down

1500 pt SM Empty 1500 pt SM

Post  gluvzer Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:16 am

Been playing a lot of 1500 point games lately. This list is what I've kind of evolved too:

HQ:
Captain -
bike, artifacer armour, thunder hammer

TROOPS:
10 Tactical Marines -
powerfist, combi-melta, multi-melta, flamer
Rhino

10 Tactical Marines -
powerfist, combi-melta, multi-melta, flamer
Rhino

5 SM Bikes -
power lance, melta-bombs, plasma gun(x2)

ELITES:
Dreadnought
twin-linked autocannon(x2)

Dreadnought
twin-linked autocannon(x2)

FAST ATTACK:
3 Attack Bikes
multi-melta(x3)

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Vindicator
siege shield

Vindicator
siege shield

I was using a storm talon for a bit but have found it too fragile and really never did enough (maybe you need 2?). Switched it out for the attack bikes that can no longer be instant killed by str 8/9. I think they'll be more effective and be able to support the troop bikes that always seemed to die before too.

The captain has been a beatdown machine besides me never being able to make a save (I think I'm 0 for 10 on iron halo), but being multi-wound toughness 5 is awsome.

I ditched terminators to get the scoring bikes. At any higher point levels I think I'd just add them back.

Both the vindicators and riflemans have been very effective.

Thoughts?
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

1500 pt SM Empty Re: 1500 pt SM

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:20 am

Tight list Ryan.

What've you been doing with the Tactical Marines?

Edit: If you gimp'ed your Searges, could you afford a unit of scouts with Camo Cloaks & Sniper Rifles?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:43 am

Having two vindicators in the list is always scary.. I always seem to have something that is highly vulnerable to ap2 and the vindicators always have me on the ropes from the get go.

Its definitely a strong balanced list though. I ve been wanting to try out a chaos lord on a bike for the same tgh 5 reason.. But chaos lords are just so dumpy.. The new book should fix em up.

I think you right with the bike over stormtalon though. On its own its a bit fragile.. it seems like a unit that needs 2 or none. The attack bikes will probably at least always get a few shots in before going away.

Ill be playing Ryan with my tooncon list tonight. We'l see if not having any melta guns is a good decision.. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:54 am

@Mark
The tacticals always combat squad (unless Purge). Depending on opponent or mission the 5 guys with the MM will either camp an objective or join the sarg in the rhino to drive forward to a better midfield position.

The sarg's have 35 points of gear each. Not enough for scouts. Besides I need the 1 shot melta's at midfield and fists can always help for busting normal troopers, vehicles, and walkers.

@Robyn
It's sad that chaos lords have been bad for so long. I have a feeling they are going to be pretty kick ass.

I'm sure you'll have many other guns to shoot though. Please bring lots of termitators (Grey Knight or Chaos) and clump them up nicely 24' - 30' away. Smile
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:06 pm

lot of killy in that list. seems very versatile. only strong counter i see is a long range gunline army. but otherwise, your going to dominate the midfield with that much melta/pieplate. Good job on maximizing specials.

I'm on the fence on tactical makeup as well, Personally I'de probably leave sarge naked and go melta/multimelta with no flamer. rapid fire bolters seem to do just fine for horde armies now, and sarge isn' doing anything useful with his fist in any real game situation i can see. personal taste though. just glad i'm not force fed sergeants with the CSM.

re: CSM lord. @ 160 points. an undivided lord on a bike with a daemon weapon is now st5 t5 ap2 I5 and 4+d6 attacks on the charge. Which is fairly beefy. hes no where near as survivable as the captain here. but its not bad. good sources of non-I1 Ap2 are rare in 6th =x

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Yeah.. Its just the 5+ invul and chance to roll a 1 that gets me.

However.. New daemon weapons you wont be stunned! So the rumours say. Im excited to have a good lord back.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Re: Sergeants
I always have this feeling that I may need those powerfists. They do help turn the tide sometimes. I will try some games without them and take melta-bombs instead. But I'm definitely not giving up the combi-melta's!
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Combi-Melta / Melta Bomb is 15pts right?

What do you do with the extra 40pts? Termy armour for your Librarian? Edit: Just noticed you don't have a libby....
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Attack bike with heavy bolter for the bike squad FTW!
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:06 am

Isn't a multi-melta attack bike 50 pts? Shave off those melta bombs for some permanent melta. You've got Krak grenades for most vehicles and can hit-and-run v Ironclads or other AV 13 walkers.

Heavy bolter in the bike unit is cool though.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down