Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kill Points

4 posters

Go down

Kill Points Empty Kill Points

Post  gluvzer Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:38 am

I did a little investigating on some forums about dedicated transports and kill points (GW site had nothing). Of course this has come up pretty much everywhere. Wherever I found any info, gave that a destroyed transport does give the other player a kill point. It is obscure, but that seems to be the way other groups are doing things, and how it is supposed to work. I think its for balance cause of the objective missions.

On another note, guard give a point per squad, not platoon (including your little 5 man LT squads). Wow does it suck to be a guardsman!!
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Kill Points Empty Re: Kill Points

Post  System Commander Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:36 am

Yes, that about the guard is a rough one. Not only do they have lots of squads, but they are easy to kill. It's going to very, very hard for a guard army to win an annihilation gmae.. unless they are playing another guard army.

I guess this is there wsay to balance out armies that can take lots of 5 man troops choices... now they are jsut easier to kill if get an annihilation scenario. However, the poor guardsmen get the pointy end of the stick on this one. I dont think I like the scenario that much.. Id prefer to have victory points over the kill points... that ws pretty straight forward although a little time consuming.

System Commader
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:20 pm

I think marines are going to be really good in regards to the scenario's. The combat squads special rule will allow you to (for example) split your three ten man squads into 6 scoring units with three of them possibly in transports for objective games. And for annihilation just leave them in their 3 ten man squads, which gives them staying power and less possible kill points.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:25 pm

Yeah, thats a good point. Wow.. that's pretty awesome for the marines. I wonder if they had this in mind when they first instituted the combat squad rule. I mean, up until you mentioning this and the 5th edition scenarios, I didnt think combat squads were that effective. But damn.. the more I think about this the more I'm beginning to realize how powerful that will be.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:03 pm

Another use for Combat Squads is splitting your Devastator Squad up. Last time I played Marines, I had 1 Dev Squad with 2 Missle and 2 Hvy Bolters. I "combat squaded" them into 2 Hvy Bolter with 3 Marines plus 2 Missle with 2 Marine and Vet Serg. That way, the missles kill tanks and the Hvy Bolters fire on the Infantry.

I was even thinking of always spliting them up....even a 4 missle squad....that way you could take out 2 tanks instead of just one. If the first 2 do nothing, fire the other 2. If the first 2 kill/wound it....fire at something else.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:59 am

Yes, another good idea for the use of combat teams. Although I would ditch the vet. serg. Dev. squads are expensive enough as it is.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:10 am

Ya well.... DA's get the Vet Serg buried in their cost.....
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:17 am

Oh, In the case of devistators - ouch. It's....... ok for everything else, but I would hate not having the option. Are they at least cheaper?
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:08 pm

Well I hope that some big changes to the guard book happen for the new rules. I hope they do things like:

4pt guardsman
60pt chimera after weapons
all guardsmen are scoring units
sentinels are scoring
command squads can't be targeted through infantry squads (or something like that)
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down