Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyranid customization project: Pandora

4 posters

Go down

Tyranid customization project: Pandora Empty Tyranid customization project: Pandora

Post  kanedotca Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi there, just got into the game. I have not played yet and I don't actually know if i ever will be able to at the rate my army is coming together. I really enjoy sculpting and my wife like painting. We picked up a bunch of tyranid mini pieces with the intent to customize the whole army to be the animals and plants from Pandora on the movie avatar. here are some pics of the first small batch of Termagaunt sculpts as well as the first layer of paint after base coat. we are new to painting and any advise from your experience would welcome
Tyranid customization project: Pandora Warhammer055
Tyranid customization project: Pandora Warhammer054Tyranid customization project: Pandora Warhammer053

kanedotca
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Tyranid customization project: Pandora Empty Tree Climber

Post  kanedotca Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Tyranid customization project: Pandora Warhammer058
Tyranid customization project: Pandora Warhammer057
Tyranid customization project: Pandora Warhammer056

kanedotca
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Tyranid customization project: Pandora Empty Another runner

Post  kanedotca Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Tyranid customization project: Pandora Warhammer062
Tyranid customization project: Pandora Warhammer063
Tyranid customization project: Pandora Warhammer064

kanedotca
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Tyranid customization project: Pandora Empty first layer of paint

Post  kanedotca Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Tyranid customization project: Pandora Warhammer059
Tyranid customization project: Pandora Warhammer060
Tyranid customization project: Pandora Warhammer061

kanedotca
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Tyranid customization project: Pandora Empty stripped down mini before building with green stuff

Post  kanedotca Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Tyranid customization project: Pandora Warhammer065
Tyranid customization project: Pandora Warhammer066

kanedotca
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Tyranid customization project: Pandora Empty Re: Tyranid customization project: Pandora

Post  kanedotca Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:09 pm

I was informed by the Games Workshop store in Winnipeg (where we began this hobby before i got a job in saskatoon) that i needed to represent all the biomorphs and equipment somehow on the mini to b able to play it at any of their scheduled events. plus the minis need to be at least 50% GW product. I dont know if I am going to stick with that. the whole flower cannon thing on their backs are fun to sculpt but i am not sure if i like the end colour product

thoughts?

kanedotca
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Tyranid customization project: Pandora Empty Re: Tyranid customization project: Pandora

Post  Roland Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:26 pm

If playing at a gw is that important, follow their guideline. Otherwise, ignore. My hats off and. My jaw is on the floor
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:05 pm

big thing to remember, at a GW store they might have a problem but as long as the models equipment is recognizable then i don't think you will have any problems playing in any events based at the den. I like the sculpting too.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  kanedotca Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:11 pm

see that was the issue, it was hard for me to represent any type of gun on a dog thing

kanedotca
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Flower "cannons" and back mounted "spore launchers" might be a solution for gunning it up. I have to say, this is quite an ambitious project the two of you have taken on. I would love to see how this army looks finished.

Also, with the additional limbs you are putting on these guys, you are warding against "glass ankle syndrome", something that has afflicted a great many Tyranid in the past. It will go quite a ways to lengthening the life span of your minis.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  kanedotca Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:30 am

nids come standard with 6 legs, however now that you mention it these ones have been pretty wobbly. I think i will take what you said and build up stronger foot attachments for the models in the future. thank you very much for the compliments you guys

kanedotca
Familiar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down