Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAQ's!

+5
miv305
Rhaevyn
Lore Weaver
Planes
Spamus Eatus
9 posters

Go down

FAQ's!  Empty FAQ's!

Post  Spamus Eatus Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:55 am

Well whoever is in charge of doing FAQ's and such now deserves a hand. Here is the comprehensive FAQ list for everyone's army. I haven't had any time to get a book or look at any new rules, but figured I would put this up to save everyone some time.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=1&aId=3400019&multiPageMode=true&start=2
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

FAQ's!  Empty Re: FAQ's!

Post  Planes Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:10 am

Oh god, Night Scythes don't have to slow down to drop their payload. At most you'd only want to slow to 24" to prevent Snap Fire.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:15 am

Holy Crap! Mark! The Warscythe!

It.
Got.
BETTER.

Range: --
Strength: +2
AP: 1
Type: Melee, Armourbane, Two-Handed
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:49 am

Ya, AP1, that's fair right?

Combined with the fact that most our vehicles are skimmers and get a 5+ Jink save... (Monolith, Ghost Ark, Anni Barge, Surfboard (4+ if it turbo's))

And Surfboards are Chariots (Can assault while embarked)... ALSO, it can use the symbiotic repair ability to negate the loss of a hull-point (save it for the last one, IMO) It might be worthwhile putting Trazyn on a Chariot now, as assaulting that unit of Ork Boyz would be a tasty treat.

You have no idea how awesome it is that we can drop our dudes out of our Nightscythes if it moves 36".... that's redikerous. I'll have to lookup if we can charge too. I might have to get two boxes of Lychguard with Warscythes... that 10 man unit just got hella scary.

No "Fear" buff for flayed ones, that's too bad. Although with a flank march manouver, the big unit can come in the table edge and attempt an assault. Could be good. (would need some co-operation from the dice though)

C'Tans Gaze of Death got buffed. (Both happen at initiative).

Tomb Spyders with the Fabricator Claw thingy can fix hullpoints too, that's kind nice.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:55 am

Mark, have a Spyder follow your barge.

As for charging off of a Night Scythe, I am guessing you're only going to want to move 24", as 25-36 forces Snap Firing for anyone disembarking. Snap firing Tesla is still rather scary, though.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:58 am

Nah, I put Lychguard in mine. They have no guns. 36" every single time.

If you can assault out of them though, I might try and figure out how you can get Praetorians or Wraiths in there. (might be too many logistical hurdles, I need to read on if the unit that bought the flyer comes in from reserve too)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:25 pm

So. The chaos FAQ says Ahriman "Generates Three new powers". But he has 5. does he give up 2, or does he just choose to replace three of the ones he knows?

Like say, give up bolt of change, doombolt and gift of change... but retain warptime and wind of chaos. And, if he uses warptime or wind of chaos, doe they use any warp charge?
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  miv305 Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:35 pm

It's like Eldrad I think. He either retains all his current powers, or trades them all and generates 3 from the rulebook.

Keep in mind warp charges are generated based on your mastery level, not how many powers you know.
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:59 am

mwahahahah. FW just released a FAQ for some of their psykers. now i must buy a Sevrin Loth; he just got more badass:

Magister Sevrin Loth, Chief Librarian of the Red Scorpions (IA9: The Badab War – Part One, p165)
Magister Sevrin Loth gains the following special rule, which replaces the Master Psyker rule: Psyker (Mastery level 3).
The rules for The Armour of Selket are changed as follows:
The Armour of Selket: This is a suit of Artificer armour that incorporates a Psychic Hood. In addition, the wearer can use their own psychic energies to empower the suit’s defences further. At the beginning of his turn, by expending a Warp Charge, Loth’s 2 Armour save becomes a 2 Invulnerable save which lasts until the beginning of Sevrin Loth’s next turn.
The Psyker rule is replaced with the following:
Loth may either use Smite, Force Dome, Machine Curse, The Avenger, Quickening, Null Zone and Vortex of Doom (see page 57 of the Space Marine Codex ),
or,
generate six powers from any one of the following Psychic Disciplines: Biomancy, Pyromancy or Telekinesis.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:20 am

And the Trandimentional Beamer just got better, too.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:52 am

6.. What the hell are those guys smoking.

His armour is already bad enough.. Dont know why theyd give.him 6 powers. .. Thats a whole discipline. Odd.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:35 am

all hope of FW going mainstream ends when they do stupid things like this.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:41 am

Sounds super fun Rolling Eyes
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:46 am

Yes wonderful, Loth up front attached to a Tactical Squad w/ FNP..... 2++ w/ Look out sir and FNP.

I'm ignoring for the moment that dude is a better psyker than all the other SM Libbys, GK's, Ahriman (sp?) and probably Eldrad.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:10 pm

It would be nice to see a complete "rescaling" of the psychic powers thng since it changed so much.

Eldrad should still be king on the psychic field.. Ahriman not far behind. But having chapter librarians , and nw ones at that going wonky like this is a bit bizarre.

His core powers arent going to be as good... But being to generate 6 new ones .. I just find it weird.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:22 pm

It's FW. I like their models.....
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down