Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GW kinda sorta enters the 21st century....

+3
System Commander
Rhaevyn
Roland
7 posters

Go down

GW kinda sorta enters the 21st century.... Empty GW kinda sorta enters the 21st century....

Post  Roland Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:10 pm

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/mat-ward/id525738194?mt=11

I am at once amazed they thought of this and dismayed at the utter crapfest that it is.

This woulda been useful like 5 years ago. As pdfs or ebooks. Avaliable thru Amazon or Kindle.....

Maybe this will lead to better things in the future (downloadable updates? codex CD in a BF box?)... but for now I give it a D+.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

GW kinda sorta enters the 21st century.... Empty Re: GW kinda sorta enters the 21st century....

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:26 pm

can only see it happening through Itunes.

I'm sure the bigwigs at GW believe that they are losing Millions of dollars! to .pdf piracy and teh interwebs. so apple gives them a "somewhat" more DRM safe way to go digital. Just like Metallica Smile

What those companies never realized, is that the people stealing thier IP cant afford it in the first place.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

GW kinda sorta enters the 21st century.... Empty Re: GW kinda sorta enters the 21st century....

Post  System Commander Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Exactly.. most companies have been offering pdfs for years and years now..

I do buy the paper book to have it with when palying, but I truthfully do most of my work and reading of it on the scanned pdf.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Gain Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:58 am

Its ten more dollars than a paper version....
Gain
Gain
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:48 am

Hehe.. Your shitting me.. What sense does that make... Because you get a bit more stuff?

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

GW kinda sorta enters the 21st century.... Empty re intering 21 century

Post  Commander James of the Ul Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:46 am

Just a stupid ag guy question. If I got a I phone would I be able to connect it to a flat screen. I ask this cause I think it would be cool to look up rules on a big screen while ya battle.

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:30 am

i dont think so. but you could just go buy an ipad2 and use it on there, since that's what they demo the new eCodex on.

and the extra $10 on the price is cause it includes the storm talon in this version Laughing lol!
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:53 am

James- a lot of the newer androids come with an hdmi slot. In that situation, you could view PDFs on the big screen.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:11 pm

yeah, you can get a mini-HDMI cable for the Samsung galaxy series that will plug into the giant manhood replacement of your choice Smile
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum