Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new edition new army?

3 posters

Go down

new edition new army? Empty new edition new army?

Post  Administratum Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:04 am

Just wondering if anyone else is going to try building a new army for the latest edition, and what you are thinking about doing.

With this new book coming out i am once again going to try and get a new army done. I have attempted this several times to no avail. With some of the new changes however i think that i will need an update. Just the fact that your opponent can refuse to let you use a model if it is not on the proper base is enough to make me get out the old codecies.
With a little research and some stuff i have read i think i am going to do a black templars list. I wont do it as the actual black and white, but some other colorful combination, but using the templar rules. At the moment i think i am going to go with a full drop pod list. I know, i know, i have been very vocal on how much i hate deepstrike, but with the new scenarios you can always use it, and maybe in mass it will work. Plus those 20pt death wind launchers look pretty sexy now that you dont have to use the pods BS 2 Very Happy

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

new edition new army? Empty Re: new edition new army?

Post  Veyure Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:08 am

I pondered starting a new army. Unfortunately the wife says i have to finish building and painting the two ive started already before i can do another one. With escalation though i will be definately done with chaos but i am suppose to finish my eldar first. fortunately i think both my armies should do quite well with 5th edition. After these two though i want to do an imperial guard army. I think they might be benefiting a lot more than most of the other armies with the new rules. we'll see how i feel in a couple months though considering ive been planning 3 new armies while building the two i have already... Guess its just a tough choice with so many possiblities.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 am

Agreed, i want to play every army, but can never even seem to get that second one finished. I was really contemplating eldar, but i think templars would be much cooler.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:42 am

I think templars would be pretty sweet to play with. i always enjoy the exotic armies the most. i also choose the army i want to build based its rarity. If a lot of people play the army, i don't want to build it. im wierd like that though. Its the reason i stopped building my eldar for a while, because half the people that played the game were playing eldar at the time.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:52 am

LexMechanic wrote:Just wondering if anyone else is going to try building a new army for the latest edition, and what you are thinking about doing.

With this new book coming out i am once again going to try and get a new army done. I have attempted this several times to no avail. With some of the new changes however i think that i will need an update. Just the fact that your opponent can refuse to let you use a model if it is not on the proper base is enough to make me get out the old codecies.
With a little research and some stuff i have read i think i am going to do a black templars list. I wont do it as the actual black and white, but some other colorful combination, but using the templar rules. At the moment i think i am going to go with a full drop pod list. I know, i know, i have been very vocal on how much i hate deepstrike, but with the new scenarios you can always use it, and maybe in mass it will work. Plus those 20pt death wind launchers look pretty sexy now that you dont have to use the pods BS 2 Very Happy

Hey Cam, I can hook you up with some Black Templar stuff. I know I've got at least 2 squads of marines, a bunch of scouts and a dreadnought (Autocannon I think).

LMK
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:19 am

Scott, i would like nothing more than to take that stuff off your hands, but unfortunately i have had an idea for a home grown chapter in mind for like 3 years. Im going to call the chapter the Fell Hammers, and i am going to use the dwarf shield symbol that is a hammer with a wing on it for shoulder pads etc. Unfortunately this means that i cant use much of the templar stuff because it has the iron cross all over it. I looked at the dreadnought really closely, it is a beautiful model, but it has the cross everywhere. Who knows, i might be able to gstuff it up and make it work, but i am hesitant to try something like that on such a beautiful and expensive model. I would still like to take a look sometime just to see what you have. If you are in the hood on friday you could drop by the den, i should be there all night.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:33 am

LexMechanic wrote:Scott, i would like nothing more than to take that stuff off your hands, but unfortunately i have had an idea for a home grown chapter in mind for like 3 years. Im going to call the chapter the Fell Hammers, and i am going to use the dwarf shield symbol that is a hammer with a wing on it for shoulder pads etc. Unfortunately this means that i cant use much of the templar stuff because it has the iron cross all over it. I looked at the dreadnought really closely, it is a beautiful model, but it has the cross everywhere. Who knows, i might be able to gstuff it up and make it work, but i am hesitant to try something like that on such a beautiful and expensive model. I would still like to take a look sometime just to see what you have. If you are in the hood on friday you could drop by the den, i should be there all night.

The Dreadnought I have is actually just the Vanilla one.

Dwarf stuff eh.... Also I can hook you up!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down