Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ork landing strip?

3 posters

Go down

Ork landing strip? Empty Ork landing strip?

Post  Gulsnick Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:45 am

Cam i am realy thinking of making a ork land strip with a senerio tied to the table.
when i get off my lazy ass and get started on it , i would like to pick your brain for ideas.
let me tell you the plans so far involve a landing ork cargo plane!
Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Ork landing strip? Empty Re: Ork landing strip?

Post  Administratum Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:33 pm

Oh that sounds very cool. I instantly liked that idea when you mentioned it, and i put some thought into it. The only problem i came up with was that like any airfield you would need planes. On BWC there are plans for a scratch built fighta bomba, but man, i am just too busy to mess with that. I would love to see you do the airstrip, with cargo plane, AND see you build a figta bomba. The plans dont look too complex, but im not experienced in making card models. I tried once, but wherever it said to bend the card mine just broke. It was frustrating enough that i have not attempted anything since.
If you had the will and energy i would love to help you put together a whole ork table. I think between the 2 of us we could do a pretty good job. When you started talking about the airfiled i also thought about just making a whole ork table, kind of like a ork city, or base. When i say base though i dont mean that it would all be contained in a walled area. I think an orc base would sort of be scattered around with little organization. Kind of like the ork archipelago table in the apocalypse book, but not on islands. To this end i would put together a stompa factory, and then paint up stompy to use as a piece of terrain.
If you want to go ahead with this i think i can make you a basic table for about $30 without legs. And of course my time is always free, and i would enjoy getting together and working on this stuff with someone else. That and the more tables the better. I am committed to making 3 more "showcase" tables. Anything over that if gravy. Also if you do a table it will be yours to keep in your basement and play on. Any terrain i make can stay with the table as long as it is always available for tournaments.
I guess we can talk about it tonight if you are at dnd

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:16 pm

HEy Trev, if youre interested here is a link to the scratch building site.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bwc-archive/

I hope it works. In order to go through the files you will have to sign up though. I cant remember what it is under, but the fighta bomba is there, as well as the big ork bomber i think

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:47 pm

I know this post is pretty old, but Trevor I've got a sweet plastic toy I picked up at Value Village that would make an awesome basis for a fighta-bomba. If you want I can show it to you sometime. Maybe when you pick up those marines Wink
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:33 pm

Is there any chance that you could post a picture of the plane you have? Are there more at the village?

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Ork landing strip? Empty cool stuff

Post  Gulsnick Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:35 pm

sounds like a good find.
i will take a look at it when i pick thoses guys up
, i will give ya a call tomorrow
Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:48 am

Here it is. There was just the one:

Ork landing strip? Fighta10

Obviously you'll need to add a cockpit, some wings and weapons. But I think it's pretty fighta-bombery.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:56 am

that thing is awesome

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Ork landing strip? Empty looks good!

Post  Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:05 am

Looks good! just like a lawn dart, very orky indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum