Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer help

3 posters

Go down

Computer help Empty Computer help

Post  Roland Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:07 pm

My wife dropped our laptop, broke one of the hinges for the screen. It worked for 2-3 more days then the screen blacked out. We were due for a new one anyways, but can I just plug a spare monitor in, so I can clear off old pics and programs and such?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Computer help Empty Re: Computer help

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:38 pm

If it turns on, then probably yes.

plug the monitor in before you turn it on, it should mirror onto the plugged in screen at the start

If it doesnt, then it might be something else broken inside, often if the hinge breaks, the onboard video can be damaged by pulled wires.

In any case, if that doesnt work, we can always pull the hard drive out of the laptop, and pull your data off of it via USB.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Computer help Empty re broke

Post  Commander James of the Ul Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Dam. know one day the kids will probably do that. Anyway I just got a new laptop from Future Shop. They had lots of verity, and for shits I got a little three hundred one for the wife and kids. And the data transfer.... Well believe it or not Bank managers are excellent at transferring data. I thought he was just good at taking my bloody money... lol

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Computer help Empty Re: Computer help

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum