Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on codex's

Go down

Thoughts on codex's Empty Thoughts on codex's

Post  Matthew G Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:38 pm

Hey all, not sure if this is the right place to put it, but

What is the point of playing a Blood Angels army? I mean, I have flipped through the new codex and other than each squad costing more points because they are "beefing" a death company squad, and every squad has veteran sergeants with no option to down grade them, whats the point?

The Over-charged engines on the Baal predator, and rhino? Seems kinda flaky to me.

I have played Blood angels since I started playing warhammer 40K, but since the re-release of their codex, it just seems to me that the whole theme of the army has fallen to ruin. I am seriously thinking of just playing a regular space marine army as they are more "old style".

Sure, one can argue that the blood angels are the best space marine army for Close combat with their Assault squads counting as troops, but looking at most armies out there now, they just murder space marines in CC. Nids have their Rending attacks, demons seem to rend and have an abundant supply of anti armor shooting (flamers) and power weapon attacks that it just seems that the army cannot excel at what it is supposed to do best.
I am most likely going to stay Blood Angels for a bit yet to give them the benefit of the doubt as they were my 1st army.

What are other peoples thoughts on this? Is staying blood angels worth the hastle?
Thanks

Matt
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down