Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tooncon Requirements

4 posters

Go down

Tooncon Requirements Empty Tooncon Requirements

Post  System Commander Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:46 am

I just want to make sure everyone knows what to bring for Sunday. I think it might be a couple people's first event, but just covering the basics so people don't forget.

Codex - Important.. make sure you bring your codex. If you don't own it, you better go get it!

Dice and Tape Measure - Go put it in your bag right now. Dice sharing should never happen at a tournie, and while tape measures are usually "ok" to share, it can still be a bit annoying

Army List - I can't stress this enough. You have to bring a legible army list, and have a breakdown of every single unit and where the points are. Army builder or Excel is the best.. hand written is ok, but make sure you bring at minimum 2 copies.. one for me and one you. It's better though if you bring multiple, and give a copy to your oponent during the game.

FAQ's - If your army has some current faq's or you plan on using some rules from a newly updated one, print it off and bring it. I'll try to make sure I have a copy of them all available, but that shouldn't relied upon.

Painted Army - You have to have a painted army.. 3 colours minimum with bases. It's a miniature and board games convention, so I really want to be able to showcase what some great armies look like going against each other. Times ticking away now, but you know you shouldn't of registered if you didnt have painted army.

Objectives - It's save to assume there'll be at least one mission utilizing objectives. Make sure you bring a few.

Good attitude - How cheesey is this.. Smile But seriously.. I think everyone who's registered is from the city and probably from the league. There might be one or two out of towners.. unfortuantely, I know nothing at all about what's happening. So, more or less everyone should know everybody.. play nice. There are going to sportsmanship scores, so keep that in mind during your games. As well, if I see any mini throwing or disrepectful actions, there'll be a good chance you'll be forfeiting your game. I don't think this is going to happen at all, but wanted to mention it anyway.

I'll be keeping busy amongst the tables during the event so everyone's aware of time left, etc. As well I'll be around to rule any questionable actions.

Ideally, I'd like to see all games go a minimum of 5 rounds.. but I know already some aren't going to get past 4. When you have 4 games in a day, time's always tight.

Let me know if you have any questions.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Tooncon Requirements Empty Re: Tooncon Requirements

Post  System Commander Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:59 am

Just to add to this. As far as I know, we'll be starting our first game at 9:30. Please be there by 9 so we can get everyone set-up, unpacked and ready to start at 9:30.

The "tentative" schedule is as follows. I can gurantee it'll probably change throughout the day, but you'll get a break for lunch for sure. We have to wrap up by 6, so ideally I'd like to see all the 4th round games finish completely.

9:30 - 11:15
11:30 - 1:15

Lunch

2:00 - 3:45
4:00 - 5:45

The schedule is fairly tight, but I'm hoping if we only have 12 players it'll be easy to keep everyone moving quickly.. and I'll be coming around cracking the whip. If someone is slow playing, let me know and I'll come stand at the table and help move units for them.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:09 am

FYI: There is a black binder @ the den with all the FAQ's in it I printed up. It doesnt have the last few updates (I think it was printed right before the Team Tourney in June/July), but I can probably print out the updates tomorrow.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:28 am

Sharing a tape measure is one of my biggest pet peeves. I refuse to let my opponent share with me. Especially Matt K. He's a douche for forgetting it a lot.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:47 am

I hate you the most!
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down